Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2024 2:58:45 AM EDT
I'm curious if any of you competition-minded shooters have ever timed your splits when shooting your suppressed pistols (in this case let's say 9mm) and rifles (AR-15)?

Like for instance, I haven't shot any competitions in over 10 years so I'm not very good, but I can empty 10 rounds in the C zone from 10 yards with my Glock 19 with .15-.18 second splits.  I haven't timed it with a shot timer, but I'm thinking I could do the same probably with .25-.3 second splits using the same gun with an Obsidian.  My AR splits are similarly slowed down compared to using a 16" AR with a PWS556 muzzle device.

Is this something that can be overcome to shoot faster suppressed or is just the nature of the altered weapon dynamics?  What are your experiences?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:40:32 AM EDT
[#1]
With a pistol, it's probably the nature of the beast. The balance is off and the piston will slow down the action somewhat.

I'd imagine with a rifle, especially an SBR AR15, you could use a light weight and low back pressure suppressor along with AGB tuning to make the difference negligible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top