Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2022 5:39:23 PM EDT
Were they sold off as parts kits? Are they being held in reserve at a government armory? Were they shredded? Inquiring minds want to know!
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 12:44:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably sitting in a warehouse .
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:00:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blitzkreig] [#2]
Fuckers Hosers destroyed most of them. Some limp wristed sculptor torched a bunch of C1'S into some modern art monstrosity I saw in the news years ago. Damn shame.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, torched, crunched, or otherwise destroyed. Not many left.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:06:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Air_Soft_Contractor] [#4]
In the late 1990's, I bought a heavy barrel Canadian parts kits that was in nearly new condition and had quite a bit of receiver attached to the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Century Arms Canada sold them off....tried to get a few in 1993 but they were all NFA imports and a big NOPE
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I got one of the rear sights.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Everything C1 related was destroyed.

One of my cousins friends worked at one of the contracting companies that did it. They used crushers and even the wood was destroyed.

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:25:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I think a small number may still be in naval service in shipboard armories, mainly as line throwing guns.  A lot of the small number of FALs remaining in service in most Western countries that had them survive and serve on in this capacity.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Just one of many examples of how world governments are wasting your tax money.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

One of my cousins friends worked at one of the contracting companies that did it. They used crushers and even the wood was destroyed.

View Quote

Travesty.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I have one of the weirdo partially Canadian century FALs
View Quote

Post pics!
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:31:33 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Does the receiver say Canada?  Because those were Imbel or Argentinian receivers I believe....  (ie- great receiver).  And the other parts may be L1A1 parts or who knows, depends what Century had that week...
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

What a big damn waste of money
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By tac556:

Does the receiver say Canada?  Because those were Imbel or Argentinian receivers I believe....  (ie- great receiver).  And the other parts may be L1A1 parts or who knows, depends what Century had that week...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tac556:

yep. might be anything, Imbel, Imbel inch, Imbel half inch reciever and any old parts.....Brit, Aussie, Indian, etc.  

I have an inch Imbel with the Inch mag cut.  Quite happy with it after I replaced the locking shoulder that was ground on by the Century monkeys to headspace and would start walking out.   An oversized LS ordered and done.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BlackOPs1:
Century Arms Canada sold them off....tried to get a few in 1993 but they were all NFA imports and a big NOPE
View Quote

There was supposed to be something like 20k still in depot long after Century bought theirs. Some time in the 2000s they were all destroyed. Cdn government won’t sell surplus guns/parts these days.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:58:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xoldsmugglerx] [#18]
Originally Posted By cwm1150:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cwm1150:

Yup but we're not much better. The majority of M14's and a lot of M1's were also sent to Captain Crunch...

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:

yep. might be anything, Imbel, Imbel inch, Imbel half inch reciever and any old parts.....Brit, Aussie, Indian, etc.  

I have an inch Imbel with the Inch mag cut.  Quite happy with it after I replaced the locking shoulder that was ground on by the Century monkeys to headspace and would start walking out.   An oversized LS ordered and done.
View Quote

I have an Imbel that is all inch cut except the lightening cuts. ARS does a pretty good 95% of British cuts. Mine is UB57 parts so I may send it to him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top