Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2024 12:31:17 PM EDT
Either new or clean used build by a good builder, what is the market rate today?  I am not seeing much on the secondary market so, perhaps I am looking in the wrong places or the parts supply has dried up but, still, I'd like to add one that is a good shooter.

TIA,
Sid
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#1]
A reputable builder on HK Pro and 1911 addicts has one listed that is 100% German parts.  Asking 10K without the suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Diesel1979:
A reputable builder on HK Pro and 1911 addicts has one listed that is 100% German parts.  Asking 10K without the suppressor.
View Quote
Does it have a stock?

I've seen non-German ones for around 6 or 7k with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
Does it have a stock?

I've seen non-German ones for around 6 or 7k with a suppressor.
View Quote

I’d have to go and look as I don’t recall.   I’d imagine it ships as a pistol and it’s up to you to form 1 it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#4]
MP5SD prices can vary considerably depending upon what parts were used in the build.

On the very high end you have an MP5SD build using an HK94 as the donor host, a demilled German MP5SD front end (cage, barrel, trunnion, cocking tube, etc.), an upgraded factory full auto F bolt carrier group, German A3 stock, and a higher end suppressor.

MP5SDs build off 94s and all German parts can run upwards of $15K or more.

On the lower end you can have an SD made off an LSC flat, RCM internals, US made SD weldments, and a less expensive suppressor for sub $5K.

In the middle range is a hybrid German HK SP5 converted to an SD with say an RCM or B&T SD barrel, US made cage, and the original but modified MP5 cocking tube left on the gun  and/ or a US made SD cocking tube welded on, etc.  These guns can run around $6 to 8K

All of these different variants will run without issue if made by a reputable builder but the parts going in can drastically change the final price.  Starting with an HK94 is a $5K receiver, vs. an SP5 which is a $2.5K receiver, vs. an LSC flat based receiver which is probably less than $1000.  

Same goes with the front end parts. A demilled German MP5SD is $5000+, vs. using full US made SD front end weldments and a B&T SD barrel is maybe $1000 in parts vs. leaving the original cocking tube and modifying it and just welding the cage on and using an RCM barrel is probably less than $500 in parts.

I have seen a former TPM made, LCS flat and RCM internals made SD run just fine.  Fit and finish may not be the best but its a $5K SD.  Dakota or RSJ can make really nice hybrid SP5 + US weldment guns for a couple grand more but they will need 922 parts and they will never be great sear hosts, or you can go all in with an HK94/Demilled MP5SD build for probably 2X what a hybrid build would run and it would get you the closest build to a real German gun that a non-FFL/SOT can get.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:54:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nosbocaj] [#5]
jbntex's post is excellent and very accurate from my recent research.

FWIW, I just sent my SP5 to Dakota Tactical for conversion last week. Estimated turnaround is 2-4 months (WAY shorter than others). Price is as follows:

Base Conversion - $2000
The One Cage (allows you to use M Lok/B&T/stock rubber hand guard) - +$70
Remarking MP5SD - +$200
Rubber Handguard - +$200

Joe will also give you a $200 credit for old parts, but he says you could probably sell them for $400. I opted in for everything with the parts credit, so $2,270. My SP5 ran me $2,600 out the door, so I'm looking at $4870 for a converted gun WITHOUT a suppressor.

Your options there range from $500-$3000. The lower end being B&T's gen 1 or HiTec (formerly TPM) to a KAC original. I'm personally waiting for the new B&T RBS M that comes out here shortly as it's got three lengths and both an RBS and sealed end cap, giving you six potential combinations. Retail is $1300.

SO, for me it's about $6200 all said and done for a conversion done by one of the best in the business (also a super nice and knowledgeable dude).
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Great posts!  Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top