Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2024 11:50:12 PM EDT
I've got to demill 10 HK G36E1's this week, which will leave me with 10 excellent condition parts kits with carry handle scopes.

Tommy Built is sold out of receivers and after speaking with him, will not be producing a run for at least another year.   Any other options out there to make these into rifles once again?
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:59:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Postal0311] [#1]
Buy some SL8 rifles to convert?

https:// palmettostatearmory .com/hk-sl8-rifle-223-rem-10rd-20-black-81000751.html
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:02:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Short of Tommy buying them, I know I see them here and there on gunbroker.  Usually around $1500. But it's also been a while since I've looked.  Most people just want the rear stub for the conversion.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Green_Label:
I've got to demill 10 HK G36E1's this week, which will leave me with 10 excellent condition parts kits with carry handle scopes.

Tommy Built is sold out of receivers and after speaking with him, will not be producing a run for at least another year.   Any other options out there to make these into rifles once again?
View Quote

I’d just stash them til he has receivers.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:14:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kbi] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

This!

Oil them up and stash them or a year and contact Tommy built

Just wait
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:55:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Sell one to me and of course wait for receivers on the other 9

With the Hk 416 taking the world by storm, I think G36 parts kits will be drying up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:41:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Apec] [#6]

View Quote

Saw cut the receivers (avoid locations with complex geometry or lockup with important parts) and keep all the stubs.  

Tommy or some other builder who knows how to work on these can add auto denials and plastic reweld the receivers back together.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:
Buy some SL8 rifles to convert?

https:// palmettostatearmory .com/hk-sl8-rifle-223-rem-10rd-20-black-81000751.html
View Quote

Couple months ago they were selling them for $999.00
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top