User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 11:44:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GonvilleBromhead:
Does anyone have an estimate of transferable Colt M1895 'potato diggers' ?  I always thought one of those in 6mm Lee Navy would be a very cool piece of history.
View Quote

I believe there is one for sale on sturm right now.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 12:43:09 AM EDT
[#2]
In case anybody is interested, the one FN made transferable M249 SN# E00037 is coming up for sale at the next Morphy's auction if you have deep pockets.

https://issuu.com/morphyauctions/docs/flipdoc_sept_5-7_firearms?fr=sNTBmODQ2NjA1NQ   (See page 14 & 15)

I like the part about being unfired. LOL   I personally shot more belts than I could count through that gun.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By jbntex:
In case anybody is interested, the one FN made transferable M249 SN# E00037 is coming up for sale at the next Morphy's auction if you have deep pockets.

https://issuu.com/morphyauctions/docs/flipdoc_sept_5-7_firearms?fr=sNTBmODQ2NjA1NQ   (See page 14 & 15)

I like the part about being unfired. LOL   I personally shot more belts than I could count through that gun.
View Quote

Will be interesting to see what the hammer price is.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:

Your kg m/37 is absolutely one of my favorite MGs. It and the FN D are the pinnacle of the BAR design.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sgthatred:
There are more Stoner 63 and 63a guns than you think out there.Total number of transferable guns is in the 110-150 range and there are presamples.

There are 3 Swedish Kg m/37 guns that I have been able to track down. Mine being one of them.

FG-42 guns of various sub models are more common than you think as well. Granted its probably less than 50.

There are just a few Bofors 40mm cannon out there. They are registered as machine guns not as cannon in the NFA data base.

Picture of 1 of 3 known Kg m/37 in the US and the only known snow sled mount for it in the US.

http://weaponblueprints.com/mongo/pictures/Swedish-Kgm37-sled-left-open-with-BAR2.jpg

BTW there are quiet a few one off registered MGs by inventors and then there are a few rare ones like Mexican Medosa LMG, ZB39, etc.

Your kg m/37 is absolutely one of my favorite MGs. It and the FN D are the pinnacle of the BAR design.

This transferable beauty just sold on Sturm for a good chunk of change .....

Link Posted: 7/27/2023 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DesignatedMarksman:
Last I heard, there are 4 transferable M240s in the US.

ETA: I think there are more MAG58s, but only 4 in m240 configuration.
View Quote

If I am not mistaken the same guy owns 2 or 3 of them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

I vehemently disagree.  The Colt Monitor is the pinnacle of the BAR design.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By psp6785:
I have a transferable Remington Model 8 in .35 REM.

Copy of the original paperwork when it was registered:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86507/49932BAA-F131-4276-A130-28BD77FD0D48_jpe-2885881.JPG

The Form 5 when I bought it:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86507/6C5EE0B3-11AB-4FFC-9AFE-CB80440D80F9_jpe-2885882.JPG

Notice how quick it was approved for me. Whole  other story behind that……..
View Quote

That is a sweet piece.  I hope you have some 15 round mags.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GunDisaster:
Beretta 93R is pretty rare
View Quote

Of all things, one appeared in a 4chan thread not too long ago. Someone posted it asking what it was and how much it was worth. Nobody believed it until the OP posted a timestamp, which he did. One of the rare, non-BS exciting moments there.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 9:55:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aceecaus] [#9]
Originally Posted By slap_shot:

Originally Posted By DesignatedMarksman:
Last I heard, there are 4 transferable M240s in the US.

ETA: I think there are more MAG58s, but only 4 in m240 configuration.

If I am not mistaken the same guy owns 2 or 3 of them.
View Quote

There are 11 factory FN 240s.   A few dozen DLO sideplate MAG 58's (some converted to 240's).  Apparently there were a couple hundred 249's, but only one made it "out".  

This was per Mike Dodd.

Sidenote, it's been said that FN still has some 240's and 249's that are on the registry, but still in their possession.  This hasn't been verified, but spoke of by some FN peeps.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 3:03:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jozsi] [#10]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:
You don’t see too many AR-18s come up very often.
View Quote

I know for a fact they are out there. When I was briefly working for Shooters Mercantile in Salem, OR, they got in about 8 AR18 full autos that were part of Woodburn Police Depts. inventory. They were all transferables from the papers I saw on them and they weren't RESTRICTED nor showed any of those stamps.

Also, my uncle Luciano was a NYPD armorer.

He counted over 85 SW76's in the cities inventory and ever since the 80's, he has asked many times for it to hit the commercial market.

He has a log book and when he left to move to California, the master armorer threw away a ton of materials that they got from Smith And Wesson. He kept them including manuals, slings, magazine loaders and other stuff.

Dan Shea knows my uncle and we regularly have a table at the SAR show in the SE corner of the SAR building in Phoenix.

Let's not get started for his time in the California NG when he was in charge of dumping and destroying millions of M1 Garand clips. Luckily, he saved them all and it was his 1st big ticket item he sold to SARCO and many other surplus shops.

His favorite quote was from the NG officer who was in charge of disposable " SERGEANT, I DO NOT FUCKEN CARE where it goes after the dumps, just make sure it clears our unit inventory for all of the guards."

Link Posted: 11/7/2023 3:43:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By WWIIWMD:
FG42
Oerlikon
Stoner 63
Colt Monitor

come to mind
there are a few you can count on 1 hand

View Quote

There's transferrable Oerlikon 20mm AA cannons?
Badass.

where do you even get 20mm for it? It's not the "typical" 20mm Vulcan I don't think.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 3:53:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#12]
Any MK19's?

I'd take an MK19 over an M2 any day of the week (if I could get actual 40mm HV belts).  My favorite MAT-V/MRAP were the ones with MK19 CROWS on top.  Man those things deal some hate.  I'd love a Hilux with a MK19 mounted on the roll bar.

Fun fact: both the Oerlikon (^above^) and the MK19 are open bolt blowback API (advance primer ignition) operation; which I think is really cool.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 4:12:35 AM EDT
[#13]
The Most Expensive Machine Gun Ever Sold

Saw this thread, figured this is why it popped up again today. But I guess I'm the first one to post it.
According to FG, only 1 249 on the registry. And just sold for $588k......
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 6:41:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: prebans] [#14]
Originally Posted By 02NBMFormula:
Looks like Chester County still has one for sale.
https://chestercountyarmory.com/product/beretta-93r-9x19mm-nato-transferable-select-fire-machine-pistol/

Are there many Walther MPL's or MPK's that are transferable?
View Quote

Link removed by prebans due to scam reports (below).
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 7:18:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Millennial:
Any MK19's?
View Quote
There was an Ad in Small Arms Review for a transferable MK19 a long time ago.  I think it said it was the only one.  I think I recall it was a full page Ad.  Maybe someone can dig it up.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
93r for sale
View Quote

You might want to remove that link to the 93R as that website (gunswarehouse.net) is fraud/scam site which harvests pictures/descriptions from legitimate sellers (in the case of the 93R from Chester County Armory) reposts the guns for sale using the stolen ad information and only accepts very difficult to recover electronic payments like Zelle, cashapp, paypal, etc. if somebody falls for it.

Hopefully nobody who is actually in the market for a transferable 93R would fall for sending $100K to these jackoffs via cashapp but anything that drives clicks/links to a fraudulent scam website shouldn't be posted here.

Link Posted: 11/7/2023 12:09:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jbntex:

You might want to remove that link to the 93R as that website (gunswarehouse.net) is fraud/scam site which harvests pictures/descriptions from legitimate sellers (in the case of the 93R from Chester County Armory) reposts the guns for sale using the stolen ad information and only accepts very difficult to recover electronic payments like Zelle, cashapp, paypal, etc. if somebody falls for it.

Hopefully nobody who is actually in the market for a transferable 93R would fall for sending $100K to these jackoffs via cashapp but anything that drives clicks/links to a fraudulent scam website shouldn't be posted here.

View Quote

It’s amazing how many of those scam sites are out there and come up in browser search results. They’re easily identifiable, but browsers don’t cull them. Has made me wonder if all the Big Tech companies are OK with gun buyers getting scammed.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Dolor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p97k_BlvPKs
Saw this thread, figured this is why it popped up again today. But I guess I'm the first one to post it.
According to FG, only 1 249 on the registry. And just sold for $588k......
View Quote

That sold for far less than anticipated and I’m pretty sure for less than what the seller paid.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 8:37:28 AM EDT
[#19]

There's transferrable Oerlikon 20mm AA cannons?
Badass.

where do you even get 20mm for it? It's not the "typical" 20mm Vulcan I don't think.
View Quote

Yes there are some transferable examples out there. One guy that shoots his somewhat regularly. Met him a couple years ago at a shoot. He reloads it with machined 20mm vulcan projectiles. He has videos of it on YouTube "novectaner"
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 8:41:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Any MK19's?

I'd take an MK19 over an M2 any day of the week (if I could get actual 40mm HV belts).  My favorite MAT-V/MRAP were the ones with MK19 CROWS on top.  Man those things deal some hate.  I'd love a Hilux with a MK19 mounted on the roll bar.

Fun fact: both the Oerlikon (^above^) and the MK19 are open bolt blowback API (advance primer ignition) operation; which I think is really cool.
View Quote

A single mk19 is on the registry. It is serial number 1 or 2 if I remember correctly.  It used to be forever listed at $1million, but I have also seen it at $500k and maybe even a more "realistic" $300k. Ammo can be found but it's expensive.  Used to be a bunch of the flash bang rounds on the market for about $50ea that were really impressive to use. I've also seen LMO selling belts full of the newer glow impact rounds, and places with components to load the solid aluminum practice rounds.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#21]
No idea how legit this is other than OTB is a relatively-well known dealer so I assume they wouldn't knowingly list a fake.

https://otbfirearms.com/glock-17c-transferable-machine-gun-9mm/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#22]
15 or so years ago there was a FA G17 for sale for around 15K IIRC.  A friend called about it.  Asked if it was transferable.  The answer he got was "Yes it's transferable and yes it's sold" click.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:
No idea how legit this is other than OTB is a relatively-well known dealer so I assume they wouldn't knowingly list a fake.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13367/Screenshot_2023-11-09_175349_png-3021716.JPG
View Quote

It's a gen 4 frame so I assume the conversion device must be registered by itself. Never heard of a transferable one.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:13:05 PM EDT
[#24]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13367/Screenshot_2023-11-09_175349_png-3021716.JPG
View Quote

That is an illegal gun, whether they know it or not.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:29:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CleverNickname] [#25]
Originally Posted By RenegadeX:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RenegadeX:

Ok well make sure and don't tell us the reasoning behind your opinion.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#26]
UD42
Austen
Fg42
Vilar-Perosa
Cadillac Gage 63A
Fiat-Revelli machinegun (a friend has the likely only transferable in the registry).
View Quote

A Cadillac Gage 63 popped up on Sturm today.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:48:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Ok well make sure and don't tell us the reasoning behind your opinion.
View Quote

Post-86 you cannot make parts designed and intended solely and exclusively to convert a firearm into a machine gun. That gun appears to have several from the pictures. So while the sear may have been legal prior to 5/19/86, the other conversion parts they designed and made to make it fit the G17 are unregistered post samples.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I don’t see the Glock listed anymore. Pulls up a 404 error. I looked at it maybe 30 minutes ago.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By peachy:

A Cadillac Gage 63 popped up on Sturm today.
View Quote

Yep. Saw that. $167k. Crazy.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#30]
There is just ONE of these.
https://gunspot.com/auction/11462/very-rare-transferable-machine-gun-case/

I was bidding on it but it got kinda crazy for a novelty.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 1:15:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I heard that there were twelve M-134's on the Registry at one time but that one was seized by BATF from Tracy Garwood a few years ago. Not sure accurate that information is today.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By lightguy:
There is just ONE of these.
https://gunspot.com/auction/11462/very-rare-transferable-machine-gun-case/

I was bidding on it but it got kinda crazy for a novelty.
View Quote

One of my buddies ended up buying that case as a novelty.

I was curious if you bid it up into the $18K range as somebody managed to bid the case up to right under the max bid my buddy put in the day of the auction.   We were both thinking that maybe Frank had some shill accounts that managed to bit it up to right under his max bid but not over it.  However maybe there was an actual legitimate bidder who stopped right at $18,250 letting him win at $18,255.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By HendersonDefense:
I heard that there were twelve M-134's on the Registry at one time but that one was seized by BATF from Tracy Garwood a few years ago. Not sure accurate that information is today.

V/R
Ron
View Quote

So terrible that they seized the gun at Garwood.

And that Garwood was doing such absurd criminal shit. Makes you think maybe a 3 letter agency was involved and he got left holding the bag.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#34]
General Motors M16a1.
M249 saw
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:43:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Know there is at least one H&K VP70.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 11:30:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Less than a hundred of these, and I bought the only green one.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I bid on it on a whim after I didn’t win some other stuff I was bidding on. Ended up winning it and I jokingly call it the Hulks Lifecard
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Banshee35:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164962/IMG_1546_jpeg-3087498.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164962/IMG_1537_jpeg-3087500.JPG

I bid on it on a whim after I didn’t win some other stuff I was bidding on. Ended up winning it and I jokingly call it the Hulks Lifecard
View Quote

I remember when those were listed a while back. Someone had bought up the remaining receivers and was finishing them out. I assume that's where yours came from. Pretty neat, but also looks kinda awkward to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Banshee35:
View Quote

Seventy transferrable UC-9's.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:44:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chibajoe] [#39]
Wasn't there a transferable FAMAS at some point?  I seem to remember some talk about it 10 or so years ago.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:31:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jbntex] [#40]
Originally Posted By chibajoe:
Wasn't there a transferable FAMAS at some point?  I seem to remember some talk about it 10 or so years ago.
View Quote

I have never seen a transferable FAMAS for sale.

To the best of my knowledge, the FAMAS was not developed until after the GCA of 68 so none could have come in directly as machineguns and been transferable. All of the hundred-ish semi-auto FAMAS guns that Century imported came in post 86 as well so couldn't be converted here in the US as transferable.

Its possible that it looked like there was a transferable as the semi-auto Famas guns go for basically transferable 5.56 MG pricing.

Speaking of rare imported euro 5.56 transferable, there are a small number of transferable Beretta AR70s.  Supposedly Fleming did about 20 or so conversions on semi auto AR70s.  Over 25 years of collecting I have seen a small handful of transferable AR70s come up for sale or auction.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By HendersonDefense:

V/R
Ron
View Quote

I've heard that number as well, Ron. Believe it came from Dan Shea. Though that may have Included a couple m61 vulcans, and a couple more m134s were on the list but were owned by govt agencies that wouldn't entertain an offer. I think Dan said it was "about a dozen" miniguns on the registry.

Most I've ever seen in one place was that triple mount that killed the little girl at KCR. All three were transferable guns and the owner sold them soon after the incident.

I think the rarest stuff is the onesie-twosies that will be popping up in estate auctions in the next 10-20 years.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Ruger MKII pistol

Star model B

(owned both)

and I have never seen a transferable Walther MPK, suppose there are some out there, just always wanted one, never seen one for sale in 30 odd years of buying stuff like that
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SGT-Fish:

I do not, nor do I know the model. Just remembered that another one sold at an auction house more recently. It was the older model with rotary feed mechanism and featured on "forgotten weapons." So there may be at least 3. The gentleman I know also have a rare Hotchkiss HMG that you can't even get ammo for, though another guy converted one to 50bmg. He has a basement full of very rare transferables, many are so rare that you haven't heard of them and he would have a hard time finding parts and ammo for them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SGT-Fish:
Originally Posted By 02NBMFormula:

Do you remember what the dshk sold for?

I do not, nor do I know the model. Just remembered that another one sold at an auction house more recently. It was the older model with rotary feed mechanism and featured on "forgotten weapons." So there may be at least 3. The gentleman I know also have a rare Hotchkiss HMG that you can't even get ammo for, though another guy converted one to 50bmg. He has a basement full of very rare transferables, many are so rare that you haven't heard of them and he would have a hard time finding parts and ammo for them.

I've seen one dshk, not sure if sample or transferable.  Here is a video. That was a fun day.

Link Posted: 1/16/2024 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#44]

How about some of the Hollywood Ca. ARMALITE prototypes ?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top