Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2024 8:45:50 PM EDT
WOW!  This book is huge. I just got my yesterday.  If you want an excellent Coffee Table book on HK subguns with countless close-ups photos of the MP5 series, accessories, and past brochures, this is the book you want.  It also covers other subguns including the UMP & MP7.  It's pricey, but I think it's worth it. For the type of book I like, I couldn't be happier.  

If you want to read more detailed in-depth info. on the development of the HK subguns, this probably isn't the book you want.  

VICKERS GUIDE: HECKLER & KOCH (Volume 2)

BOOK SUMMARY
Made possible through unprecedented access to the collections of Heckler & Koch Germany and Heckler & Koch USA, along with numerous private collections from around the globe, Vickers Guide: Heckler & Koch (Volume 2) tells the story of the development and production of submachine guns and PDWs (“personal defense weapons”) at Heckler & Koch. From the earliest prototypes of the renown MP5 through the current production MP7A2, this book covers the dizzying array of models, sub-variants, and prototypes during the intervening 60 years.

This Second Volume of Vickers Guide: Heckler & Koch includes detailed photographs and commentary for the MP64, MP HK54, MP5, MP5 SD, MP5K, MP5/10, MP5/40, HK54A1, SMG I, SMG II, MP2000, HK50, UMP, PDW, and MP7. Featuring in excess of 60 different firearms, with numerous additional accessories, Vickers Guide: Heckler & Koch (Volume 2) gives the reader a once-in-a-lifetime glimpse into some of the most significant Heckler & Koch submachine guns and PDWs produced throughout its long and distinguished history. For the production of this book, Larry Vickers and James Rupley have teamed up with renowned firearms instructor and HK expert James Williamson of Teufelshund Tactical, as well as a number of other subject matter experts, whose cumulative insights allow for an extraordinary and unparalleled presentation.

Vickers Guide: Heckler & Koch (Volume 2) presents this highly curated collection of firearms in never-before-seen detail on larger than life, wide format, full color prints in a premium hardback form. Vickers Guide: Heckler & Koch is the next best thing to having these exceptional collector’s grade firearms in your own personal collection.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:08:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AugustineBolishbatfe] [#1]
I typically have gotten my Vickers books a few days ahead of everyone else (because I'm local to the distributor).  I have not yet received mine.   Glad to hear it has met your expectations.  

I'll be honest, though, I have almost all of the Vickers guides (WWII Germany, I think is what I don't have? Oh, and the Sig ones, because . . . Sig) and the only one I've opened is AR #1.  They're too nice . . .

ETA:  Just got my shipping notification.  The must be reading this subforum and realized the left me out
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:42:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chargerdude70] [#2]
Ordered mine yesterday, looking forward to it.

Edit: Received today, damn that was fast.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Got mine the other day. Another great book.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I love these, expensive but extremely high quality. Have both the AR books and the Sig book, going to have to get both HK books now.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 3:13:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Apparently volume three is being edited and volume four will be the last book in the HK series.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mars87:
Apparently volume three is being edited and volume four will be the last book in the HK series.
View Quote

I thought vol 3 was going to be rifle caliber long guns and everything else. What would vol 4 be?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HKocher:

I thought vol 3 was going to be rifle caliber long guns and everything else. What would vol 4 be?
View Quote

Vol 4 will be rifles and long guns part 2. I think Vol 3 is going up to the 90's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top