Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 57
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Add a Dead Air Armament Ghost-M to my list of suppressors that are in jail.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Just bought a DA Sandman S from Lanbo Armory, couldn't pass up the price they had it at.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered a few more today through my local SOT who always treats me good...

Finalized the pricing on them all.
Osprey Micro-
Rugged Obisidian
SilencerCo Hybrid

All well below pricing online...
I had thought I'd slow down this year but these make 4 NFA items on F3 now since January and I have a couple more I'm looking at..
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Ordered a Sandman S to go with the Mask and the GMT-Halo already ordered.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Just put my first suppressor in jail, a Dead Air Mask.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 7:14:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rival14] [#6]
Back on Jan 9th I posted my 2 specwar cans were ordered to my local shop.
2 months and a few days they came in today

now the real wait I guess...........

note to self, don't by cans that aren't in stock.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 7:59:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rival14:

View Quote

First cans?
Ya, not sure I'd trust a local guy to order cans
Ymmv
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

First cans?
Ymmv
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

First cans?
Ymmv

Not to derail this thread, but would you explain to a newbie why you say that? My (semi)local dealer hasn't had any of the 3 cans I wanted in stock?  I had them order all three of them. I'm not in a hurry for them and will have them paid off before they arrive. Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 8:37:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#9]
Originally Posted By Dave_H:

Not to derail this thread, but would you explain to a newbie why you say that? My (semi)local dealer hasn't had any of the 3 cans I wanted in stock?  I had them order all three of them. I'm not in a hurry for them and will have them paid off before they arrive. Am I missing something?
View All Quotes

First cans?
Ymmv

I've been told "it's on order" or "we'll have it next week" one too many times with an accessory or title 1 firearms. I wouldn't play fuck fuck games with a dealer over an NFA item.
Ymmv
I literally sent a nasty gram this morning to a dealer over backordered Aero lowers.
I would order from an out of state dealer and have them F3 it to your local guy. That gives you a tad more control than having your guy do the footwork and order it
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#10]

I've been told "it's on order" or "we'll have it next week" one too many times with an accessory or title 1 firearms. I wouldn't play fuck fuck games with a dealer over an NFA item.
Ymmv
I literally sent a nasty gram this morning to a dealer over backordered Aero lowers.
I would order from an out of state dealer and have them F3 it to your local guy. That gives you a tad more control than having your guy do the footwork and order it
View All Quotes

First cans?
Ymmv

Ymmv

I'll second or third this motion to buy out of state when you can... I usually only buy out of state for out of stock items, leaving me in control and then transfer them to my local dealer who basically is just a pass through ( I do the F4 as well and just have him sign it). This time around I decided to let them do the leg work since I didn't need any more cans and the pricing was better than I could find online, plus no transfer fee since I ''bought'' it from him. It took over 2 months to get the can's form 3's started to them, but the pricing was way better than I could get online...sometimes its worth the hassle, other times its not.

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 8:13:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Just bought my first can, a surge. Now, what's next?....... :)
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mmclean:

I'll second or third this motion to buy out of state when you can... I usually only buy out of state for out of stock items, leaving me in control and then transfer them to my local dealer who basically is just a pass through ( I do the F4 as well and just have him sign it). This time around I decided to let them do the leg work since I didn't need any more cans and the pricing was better than I could find online, plus no transfer fee since I ''bought'' it from him. It took over 2 months to get the can's form 3's started to them, but the pricing was way better than I could get online...sometimes its worth the hassle, other times its not.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mmclean:

First cans?
Ymmv

Ymmv

IF your local SOT does not have a can in stock they have to order it through whichever national distributor they use. Your dealer will get the can form 3'd to them when the distributor gets to their order. Everyone is low on stock due to the 41p run and it's hard to guess when orders will be filled.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#13]
^ So you're agreeing...?
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#14]
This close to 41F and the possibility of 1-year+ wait times, I wouldnt rely on a local shop to get it. Not necessarily because of the competency of the workers, but they go through THEIR distributors and that takes time. Went to pick up my 3rd (and final) SilencerShop Direct suppressor.  Another guy came to ask about a can they were supposed to order, that he paid for. Never happened. So he'd been waiting since December, for a Form 3 can, that the dealer never ordered and now they're out of business. Owner offered him a refund. Bet the guy was pissed. Shop had their business license pulled. Nothing he could do besides take his money back and go shop around.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#15]
just put a Sandman L on form 4.... the waiting game begins
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Got a Rugged Surge in process from the good folks at Capitol Armory. I haven't been this excited for a can since my first. It was a tough choice between that and the Sandman L, but overall the durability and modularity won me over. I hope it's as accurate as the reports I've heard on the L. Now here's hoping it's dedicated home, an MDR, arrives before it does.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 9:26:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paul_Allen] [#17]
Originally Posted By BigMan74:
View Quote

Did you get it from a local VA dealer? Im looking for a Deadair in stock somewhere local.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 10:26:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By PaulPlays:

Did you get it from a local VA dealer? Im looking for a Deadair in stock somewhere local.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PaulPlays:
Originally Posted By BigMan74:

I wouldn't look much further than Hanson Brothers in Culpeper. Have the L and S Dead Air in stock.

http://hansohnbrothers.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#19]
SiCo Omega 9K
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#20]
TM ISIS 9mm 13mm LH
$211 on gunbroker.
I must have been drunk bidding previously or something.

Now I need a 13mm LH host.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 1:47:44 AM EDT
[#21]
After debating between a M4-2000 and a Specwar 556k, I picked up the 556k.  Now I have four cans in jail, AAC TiRantM, SiCo Hybrid, AAC 7.62-SD, and the 556k.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Finally finished my paperwork today for this thing, now the waiting begins.

And I picked up one of these while I was at it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 9:23:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I could only tell my self no for 48 hrs before i caved a bought a omega 9k. I just wish i could of bought another to replace the 9s i have. Its feels like a toy compared to the 9k

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/alex_ortiz12/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpszeyikjot.jpeg.html
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By mrindecisive:
I could only tell my self no for 48 hrs before i caved a bought a omega 9k. I just wish i could of bought another to replace the 9s i have. Its feels like a toy compared to the 9k

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/alex_ortiz12/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpszeyikjot.jpeg.html
View Quote

Nice! I picked up an Omega 9K today too. I found it locally at a small shop for a killer deal. It''s can number 12 for me, and the first one I haven't had to form 3 so I'm stoked I don't have an additional 60+ days of additional waiting.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I couldn't find any Obsidian45, located a Ti-Rant 45M locally $675 after 7% tax so I jumped on it.

BTW, does AAC make a 9mm end cap for it?
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Just bought a Saker 556 K on 3/11 from my local fire/police store dealer.  Like 2 days after that my buddy went down and bought their specwar 556.  Both suppressors they had in stock.  Filled out the forms in a speedy fashion, and now the wait begins.  Atf have not taken the 200 yet though.   Still waiting on that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Picked up a new old stock Griffin Armament Checkmate for $125.00!  It's the older stainless monocore version.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CDDD:
Picked up a new old stock Griffin Armament Checkmate for $125.00!  It's the older stainless monocore version.
View Quote

Gunbroker? I almost bid on that, but I won the bid on the Checkmate II QD for $125.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Bought.a B&T APC9 for my Omega 9K, soon to be SBRed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AKSU:
View Quote

Where did you get yours?
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 7:16:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSU] [#31]
Originally Posted By WillysJeep:

Where did you get yours?
View All Quotes

Where did you get yours?

GMP Parts Co
Eta Thanks for the link to the side folder.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#32]

GMP Parts Co.
View All Quotes

Where did you get yours?

GMP Parts Co.

Got a link?
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Got a link?
View All Quotes

Where did you get yours?

GMP Parts Co.

Got a link?

They are a vendor on HKPro.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#34]
GMP Parts Co is VERY good to work with!! Bought several HK firearms from John and I reccomend him with confidence.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Went to purchase a Dead Air Mask for $369 and asked about a 3 lug Gemtech Mk9k and he came out with a YHM Wraith XL for $300.  Quick google search and I was sold on it for my MP5.

Don't even own a 22LR pistol/rifle.  Have a little bit of ammo stockpiled though lol.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By dinmax82:
Went to purchase a Dead Air Mask for $369 and asked about a 3 lug Gemtech Mk9k and he came out with a YHM Wraith XL for $300.  Quick google search and I was sold on it for my MP5.

Don't even own a 22LR pistol/rifle.  Have a little bit of ammo stockpiled though lol.
View Quote

I hope the Wraith is good. I have one in jail for my 9mm SBR.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#37]
That was the one, I saw the last one go for $175.00
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 12:04:18 AM EDT
[#38]
After two months of waiting, I can happily report that my Dead Air Armament Mask HD suppressor has arrived! Two of my best friends + I ordered a Mask HD suppressors + our suppressors have consecutive serial numbers. My paperwork is officially mailed out + all that is left to do is to rightfully put her through her paces at the range tomorrow! Last but not least, a special thank you to the Nashville Armory for ordering these cans for us!

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#39]
I picked up my long suppressor now; DA Sandman L for $770 through Lanbo Armory.  I think I'm done now with 7 in the cue.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 10:25:15 PM EDT
[#40]
SilencerCo Hybrid and Specter 2..
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By daddytallguy:
I picked up my long suppressor now; DA Sandman L for $770 through Lanbo Armory.  I think I'm done now with 7 in the cue.
View Quote

Thats a great price.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#42]
AAC Element 2 ... just because.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 6:27:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Picked up a SilencerCo Omega 9k today through the spec program. I'm thinking its my last can for the year.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 8:10:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cmc201] [#44]
Just purchased my first two cans... a Gemtech G22 for my MP22 pistol and to run on my dedicated .22 upper and a Sig SRD 762ti-qd  really looking forward to this can, plus the muzzle brakes are only $59.  I will run this on 5.56, .300 BO and .308.so this will save a little money setting up for multiple platforms.  A 9mm/45 is coming in the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Lanbos armory had Dead Air Mask 22s for $325 each so I FO'd hard, now have 2 dead air cans in jail
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Omega.
F3.
Hope I get it in 2016.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Ordered a Griffin Spartan 3 for a PS90 build I'm working on. Just got my stamp on my OSS 7.62 I got on clearance foR $550; now I need to select a host. Just ordered a second. THOMPSON Machine SG2 so I can keep my current one on my TP9 and the new one can stay on my Uzi. Also hot seventh other stamps in - SRT integral Ruger 77/44, Gemtech Oasis, Octane .45, Specwar 5.56 and 7.62. I am currently waiting on three stamps, but will likely buy an Omega 9k and a Griffin Rev .45 before 41f.

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:53:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AndyB1] [#48]
Someone needs to save me, I might have gone off the rails a bit....or completely wrecked the fucking train and had massive chemical spills and explosions and shit if you were to ask my wife....but it's all a matter of perspective.

Anyway, just added the Salvo 12, KAC MK23, and Dead Air Mask to the list currently in jail.

Allen Engineering AEM5            
Dead Air Mask                  
Gemtech G5                    
Knights QDC CQB FDE              
Knights MK23                            
AAC Mini-4                                
AAC M4-2000                            
AAC Tirant 45m                          
AAC Tirant 45s                    
AAC Tirant 9s                            
AAC Tirant 9                            
AAC Element 2                        
AAC 762-SDN-6                
Griffin Recce 7 Mod 3              
Griffin M4SD II Mod 3              
SilencerCo Omega 9k                
SilencerCo Osprey 45k FDE        
SilencerCo Salvo 12
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 10:36:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#49]
Originally Posted By AndyB1:
Someone needs to save me, I might have gone off the rails a bit....or completely wrecked the fucking train and had massive chemical spills and explosions and shit if you were to ask my wife....but it's all a matter of perspective.

Anyway, just added the Salvo 12, KAC MK23, and Dead Air Mask to the list currently in jail.

Allen Engineering AEM5            
Dead Air Mask                  
Gemtech G5                    
Knights QDC CQB FDE              
Knights MK23                            
AAC Mini-4                                
AAC M4-2000                            
AAC Tirant 45m                          
AAC Tirant 45s                    
AAC Tirant 9s                            
AAC Tirant 9                            
AAC Element 2                        
AAC 762-SDN-6                
Griffin Recce 7 Mod 3              
Griffin M4SD II Mod 3              
SilencerCo Omega 9k                
SilencerCo Osprey 45k FDE        
SilencerCo Salvo 12
View Quote

Thread owned ^ I have eight cans and a MG currently in the pipeline but this is how an "I just bought" post should read! Congrats.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Picked up a Specwar 556K from 54-17 Arms for $570 and a Dead Air Mask 22 from Lanbo's for $325.

Now to find a .22 host for the Mask. I figure I have +9 months to figure that out.
Page / 57
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top