Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2023 3:23:08 PM EDT
After doing some research and hunting I found a factory V3 walnut forend, and through my searches found out they can crack unless the gas plugs are replaced with gas tubes, found and ordered those as well. My question is are the tubes aka gas compensation plugs 100% necessary? Or was this just an issue on the early V3’s.

These are the gas tubes I got to replace the plugs

Link Posted: 8/7/2023 8:16:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xCLAYBUSTERx] [#1]
Are your gas blocks vented or non-vented?

I put a walnut forend on my TAC-13, I have unvented blocks and plugged gas ports.

Waiting on the stamp.

https://randywakeman.com/TheRemingtonV3BlowbackMysteryADiscussion.htm
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xCLAYBUSTERx:
Are your gas blocks vented or non-vented?

I put a walnut forend on my TAC-13, I have unvented blocks and plugged gas ports.

Waiting on the stamp.

https://randywakeman.com/TheRemingtonV3BlowbackMysteryADiscussion.htm
View Quote

Unvented and plugged, also waiting on stamp. I’m just gonna go with it and see what happens
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Boom!

3 weeks 1 day.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]
My walnut forend will be here monday

I haven't taken mine apart yet to look, if I have the unvented gas block and solid plugs I should be fine?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top