Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2021 1:04:44 AM EDT
About to submit a Form 1 for a 870 Tac 14

I was interested in the folding mechanism that Suarez was selling to add a folding brace to the Tac 14.

Once that became a no no they stopped selling it and won’t give me any info.

The hinge portion looks like the Choate M4 hinge/stock adapter.  

I contacted Choate about using an magpul AK  grip like the Suarez used they said not possible.

The Suarez part was perfect they should have kept selling it without the brace for full length shotguns and SBSs

The goal is a robust steel hinge that adapts to a buffer tube so I can use a CTR and some magpul grip.

I’d appreciate Anyone that can provide pics details etc of the Suarez hinge or Choate hinge.

I think Choate made the hinge for them. Just not sure how to adapt to the AK grip.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:00:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNZ71] [#1]
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

Yes, that would work with a Mesa Tactical adapter

Issue is that adds even more length to the adapter and looks cumbersome IMO

The Suarez and Choate are clean and purpose built for this.

I guess I’ll buy the Choate and see if the grip can be changed.

Thanks

Link Posted: 3/25/2023 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sgtgeo:

Yes, that would work with a Mesa Tactical adapter

Issue is that adds even more length to the adapter and looks cumbersome IMO

The Suarez and Choate are clean and purpose built for this.

I guess I’ll buy the Choate and see if the grip can be changed.

Thanks

View Quote

@sgtgeo  Any updates on this?  Did the Choate work out, grip change?  Pics?
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 8:30:38 AM EDT
[#4]
There used to be a factory side folder that was made by Buttler creek, but that is almost impossible to find and prone to breakage…

You could also use a smith and Wesson 3000 side folder on the Remington 870, again if you could find one…
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sgtgeo:
About to submit a Form 1 for a 870 Tac 14

I was interested in the folding mechanism that Suarez was selling to add a folding brace to the Tac 14.

Once that became a no no they stopped selling it and won’t give me any info.

The hinge portion looks like the Choate M4 hinge/stock adapter.  

I contacted Choate about using an magpul AK  grip like the Suarez used they said not possible.

The Suarez part was perfect they should have kept selling it without the brace for full length shotguns and SBSs

The goal is a robust steel hinge that adapts to a buffer tube so I can use a CTR and some magpul grip.

I’d appreciate Anyone that can provide pics details etc of the Suarez hinge or Choate hinge.

I think Choate made the hinge for them. Just not sure how to adapt to the AK grip.

Thanks
View Quote

It's a Choate.

About the AK grip. It bolted right on but I had to file a very small amount of material to clear the trigger guard. Works nicely.

Oh the hole in the AK grip needed to be opened up slightly.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top