Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 4/29/2023 9:45:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jerad]
I have a J.N.A.I. (Norell) autosear that I purchased in 08. I purchased it from Ruben as a Steel RDIAS. When it arrived it had the mass of steel, but was non magnetic. It also would not react to cold blue or aluma black.

I reached out to John himself and he replied saying that he didn’t make auto sears, only purchased and registered them as they were so cheap ($30ea) it wasn’t worth his manufacturing time. He said he purchased steel and aluminum. At the time I questioned him as if this was aluminum, I hadn’t tested it with alumablack then.

In all these years it’s never oxidized, shown rust or corrosion. It gets forgotten about inside the host for long periods of time.

I’m thinking about listing this sear again soon. Last couple buyers couldn’t come through and I pulled it in frustration for a while second guessing my decision to sell.

Anyway thought I’d ask as I’ve never heard of a stainless one before.

The trip is the same one I made in the pinned “how to” at the top of this page. I made it back then and it’s been running flawlessly since then 22, 9, 556, 762, in the AR and MCX platform. Holding up well.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 5:52:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: O3SKILL] [#1]
I've seen RDIAS's listed as aluminum or steel, but can't say I've ever seen details regarding which type of steel was used.

Your best bet is to post this over on Sturm. If anybody will know, it will be someone over there.

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Jerad:
I have a J.N.A.I. (Norell) autosear that I purchased in 08. I purchased it from Ruben as a Steel RDIAS. When it arrived it had the mass of steel, but was non magnetic. It also would not react to cold blue or aluma black.

I reached out to John himself and he replied saying that he didn’t make auto sears, only purchased and registered them as they were so cheap ($30ea) it wasn’t worth his manufacturing time. He said he purchased steel and aluminum.
View Quote

LOL

The good old days.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 2:03:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HKPDW] [#3]
Nice sear!
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RenegadeX:

LOL

The good old days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RenegadeX:
Originally Posted By Jerad:

I reached out to John himself and he replied saying that he didn't make auto sears, only purchased and registered them as they were so cheap ($30ea) it wasn't worth his manufacturing time. He said he purchased steel and aluminum.

LOL

The good old days.
John was very helpful and usually answered the emails personally.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top