Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2023 11:38:45 PM EDT
Hi all,

I got myself a FAL a while back and it's kinda been my perpetual project rifle. I'm looking to get an Optic for it. I would really like a fixed 4x optic for it. Anything would be an improvement from the N Star that came on it. Besides Trijicon is there anyone who makes a quality fixed optic?

For those wondering I'm mostly just target shooting 200m max as I don't have access to any longer ranges, and hunting deer and pigs. Which I'm just using the iron sights for. (Yes iron sights are an improvement over the old N Star)

Thanks for the help,
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 12:01:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I put a Military Steiner 4x on my FAL
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 1:04:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I wasn't too enamored with the TA31 on my FAL, but I think this particular one also needs to back to Trijicon.  I think Primary Arms makes something.  While not fixed, the Elcan Spectre DR might be worth considering (it's just 1 and 4X).  

I am messing around with the TA33 and once my eyes heal some more (I recently had PRK) I'm going to do a good bit of shooting with it and see how I like it for actual shooting, but while 3X it has enough magnification for use out to several hundred yards, it's very light, it's compact, I can mount it such as to clear the action for use of the carry handle or charger guide if desired, it has great eye relief, and I can still get partial cheek weld with it and kind still use the irons with it mounted (something like the TA31 sits way too high).
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried the low mount PA 3x on my FAL and had to remove the rear sight in order for it to sit correctly. However , my second gen DSA dust cover mount would not let the PA sight sit flat. After screwing around with it I discovered the PA mount has a small dimpled area that was preventing it from sitting correctly on the rail.

Anyway , I did not find the scope all that great for my FAL. I have bounced between a number of different red dots and scopes and just can't seem to find one that hit the "sweet" spot.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the Primary Arms SLx 3X MicroPrism on my FAL. I have the DSA railed top cover and have the sight as close to the rear sight and it clears it with no problem. I believe it is the lowest of the mounts it comes with. It kind of reminds me of suit scope.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 6:08:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DSArms_FAL] [#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Primary Arms has a 5x35 prism scope with their ACSS reticle that looks pretty interesting. I don't have any personal experience with it, but I'm looking for an excuse to try one.  Reviews on it are overwhelmingly positive.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:05:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smokingun45] [#7]
Vortex Spitfire HD Gen2 5x prism scope. It mounts as low as anything out there on old school lots of drop at comb rifles allowing you to get a cheek weld not a chin weld. Also comes in a 3x model.

SPR 500

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DSArms_FAL:
We have our own made by the same company that makes PAs. The reticle is designed around the Trilux and the ACOG compatible mount cantilevers back to help with eye relief and rear sight clearance.

BRO “battle rifle optic”
View Quote

More direct link would have been nice.  Why no picture of reticle ?

https://www.dsarms.com/p-17485-ds-arms-bro-battle-rifle-optic-4x-prism-scope-trilux-reticle-gen-2.aspx
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 5:54:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ProbableColtAddict] [#9]
I use an old school 4x Hensoldt.  At about $1200, you know it's going to last you a lifetime and it's going to either hold its value or increase.  Just because they are old, doesn't mean they are outdated for range use.

Link Posted: 12/25/2023 8:06:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ghostface] [#10]

Why rule out the ACOG? It’s a proven optic and a TA11 seems as if it were designed for a battle rifle. I like mine…
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kmad2001:

More direct link would have been nice.  Why no picture of reticle ?

https://www.dsarms.com/p-17485-ds-arms-bro-battle-rifle-optic-4x-prism-scope-trilux-reticle-gen-2.aspx
View Quote

Yea, why no pic of reticle?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top