Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2024 3:46:46 PM EDT
It will only be used with this upper.  Which way should I go?  Will need to take it off to fit back in the case, either way.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Direct Thread - little bit lighter, might be a smidge shorter, chance that it can back itself off is higher than most other mount options,

ASR - if using a brake can help with longevity of can by acting as sacrificial baffle, a bit quicker to mount/dismount due to coarser threads, no need for thread protector
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:36:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#2]
I wouldn’t trust a direct thread can on a semi auto gasser just hand tight, it will back off on you.  Seems like it would be a PITA to carry around an extra tool to torque the can on every time you remove it from the case, but if you’re cool with it, it should be OK.

My personal opinion?  What you describe is a pretty good use case for a QD mount.  I’d use something other than ASR, though.  It’s needlessly long, heavy, and outdated compared to more modern options.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree that there are much better options than ASR, like the different taper mount options. I wouldn’t mind direct thread on a 16”, though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I use Plan A with my Velos…very happy with that. I gave my ASR to a buddy that uses that system, so I can’t comment on how well the can works with it.

I would not choose direct thread in your situation, except maybe if you crank the DT adapter onto the muzzle and leave it there, detaching the can from its Charlie threads instead. I’d need to play with it more to see if that’s really a good idea or not, but I don’t really have a good reason to remove the Plan A from the Velos and its my only Charlie can.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#5]
PLAN-A™, Taper Mount Adapter for OMEGA™, NOMAD™, & other 1.375x24 threaded suppressors

Where is the plan A with the Charlie 1.375x32 thread?  Because according to Griffen Plan A is for a Bravo thread pattern.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gaspipes:
PLAN-A™, Taper Mount Adapter for OMEGA™, NOMAD™, & other 1.375x24 threaded suppressors

Where is the plan A with the Charlie 1.375x32 thread?  Because according to Griffen Plan A is for a Bravo thread pattern.
View Quote

Isn't that this one? https://www.griffinarmament.com/plan-a-taper-mount-adapter-for-chimera-and-saker-asr-suppressors/
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Ha yep apparently that’s it. I had to look up what mount came with a 36M to find out it is Charlie. I don’t know why Griffen wouldn’t just state that is works with 1.375x32 like it does with the other ones.  Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top