Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2024 8:58:13 PM EDT
I ordered a can through my FFL at the end of march, he went through SS and got the approval on 3/28 but they still haven’t shipped it to him and they haven’t responded to any of his emails . Has anyone else had this issue?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#1]
They told me today about two weeks has been the normal to ship the can to the FFL. They have been very good with communication even if it's a little slower. I think they are extremely busy.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the same boat, SS got the ATF approval for my can two weeks ago tomorrow.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Form 3 approved on 3/29, shipped out today, after a phone call and a 2nd email.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:06:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I emailed them today on one of mine. It passed form 3 a week ago, but they “haven’t had the time to ship it due to massive influx of orders”.  Their exact words.

So yeah, my last purchase from SS.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:39:14 AM EDT
[#5]
My form 3 got approved last Friday and was shipped out yesterday.  Should be at my dealer Monday.  About the same for my other one about 2 weeks prior.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a can from SS on March first. It took three weeks to ship and showed up at my dealer at the end of the month. After certified the form four took three working days. All told about 30 days from purchase to pick up. Don't know about communication, I didn't bother them through the process, just let it happen. 30 days is light years better than the 8-14 months I'm used to.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:18:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mesooohoppy] [#7]
Ss was closed on Monday for the eclipse. They're already backed up, but I get cans from them pretty much everyday.

I think we got 20 or so delivered on Monday. Everyone is backed up, it's not unique to SS. Stuff like this also is why it's very important to pick a dealer that is competent.

Unfortunately it seems like it's going to be like this until the "hype" of fast approvals die off. IMO, if they cut the trust times down as well I think we will see a second wave of this craziness. I've already noticed demand die down a little bit (locally).

Edit:
And for the love of christ, please don't call your local dealer 2 days later theyve placed a backorder for you and ask if the can is in the store. I had to deal with a couple of those phone calls last week.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I placed my order with them on the 20th, my FFL got the approval on the 28th that was about two weeks ago. Meanwhile I’ve got stuff I ordered from optics plant & botach along with having another F4 approved shipped & delivered all in that time frame . If botach,OP and the ATF approval beat you to the punch , you need to step it up
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#9]
After a few emails and I got my shipping confirmation
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:20:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DogtownTom] [#10]
Originally Posted By FullAssault:
I ordered a can through my FFL at the end of march, he went through SS and got the approval on 3/28 but they still haven’t shipped it to him and they haven’t responded to any of his emails . Has anyone else had this issue?
View Quote

Your dealer didn't get "an approval on 3/28".....Silencer Shop may have.

Your eForm 4 draft can't even be prepared until your dealer has received the silencer. He'll go to his dashboard, prepare a draft, then set up a time for you tp certify with him.

Only after you have certified is the eForm 4 submitted......then it awaits ATF approval.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I placed my order with them on the 20th, my FFL got the approval on the 28th that was about two weeks ago. Meanwhile I’ve got stuff I ordered from optics plant & botach along with having another F4 approved shipped & delivered all in that time frame . If botach, OP and the ATF approval beat you to the punch , you need to step it up
View Quote

I think you are confused.
Form 3 has to be approved before the seller ships to your dealer. It is a tax free transfer and can take  10-15 days.
The Form 4 transfer from your dealer to you cannot be submitted until your dealer is in possession.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By noveske_nut:
I'm in the same boat, SS got the ATF approval for my can two weeks ago tomorrow.

View Quote

I'm curious, does that show in your account? I've never received any email from SS telling me a Form 3 was approved.

All I get is an email when the item ships.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:55:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FullAssault] [#13]
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

I think you are confused.
Form 3 has to be approved before the seller ships to your dealer. It is a tax free transfer and can take  10-15 days.
The Form 4 transfer from your dealer to you cannot be submitted until your dealer is in possession.

Your dealer didn't get "an approval on 3/28".....Silencer Shop may have.

Your eForm 4 draft can't even be prepared until your dealer has received the silencer. He'll go to his dashboard, prepare a draft, then set up a time for you tp certify with him.

Only after you have certified is the eForm 4 submitted......then it awaits ATF approval.
View Quote

Ordered on the 22, my FFL received his transfer to his name notification on the 28th. They shipped suppressor to him today, In between the wait I bought another in-store can on the 4th as well ,F4 approveded on the 8th.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Ordered on the 22, my FFL received his transfer to his name notification on the 28th. They shipped suppressor to him today, my F4 is ready to be submitted  when it gets here.
View Quote

Gotcha.

May you be fortunate and get a fast approval.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

Gotcha.

May you be fortunate and get a fast approval.
View Quote

I purchased a can (in store) on the 4th got approved on the 8th so hopefully it will be close to that when the SS can gets here.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:11:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Form 3 times should be dropping as well. ATF stated their goal is to get them under 8 days. Anything over 10, they told ASA to have the manufacturer or dealer contact them directly.

We've seen them drop to about 4-6 days on average now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Can ordered on 3/13

Form 3 approved 3/21

Dealer finally got a response from silencer shop today saying the can is "en route"

No update on my account or my dealers, and certainly no tracking number.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Sill waiting on my form 3, be three weeks Monday.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Silencer shop is a legacy hold over from when paper forms were the norm.  They are a glorified middle man at this point and you save time and money ordering from other distributors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top