Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2024 3:34:46 PM EDT
Anyone have one? I’m curious about suppression levels…zero loss…return to zero. I see it’s pretty modular how does that work long term? Are the flash suppressor caps worth getting?

Thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve used my Saker k on several rifles in the 13-16” range. I don’t need the flash suppressing end cap. An acquaintance has the Saker k on a 10.5” and it spits out absolute  fireballs. The end cap was never in stock when he tried to order it last I spoke to him.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:48:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jonthear15guy] [#2]
I'm pretty happy with my Saker 556k ASR.  My zero does not change on my ADM 10.5 SBR with it on off.  It's not something I'd want to shoot a magazine without hearing protection but it makes it much more pleasant to shoot.  My 16" rifle is very quiet and no issues with POI shift .

I've been using the ASR system for many years and have several cans with no issues.  It's not the lightest or the shortest, however.  If I was starting from scratch it might not be my first choice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:27:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, this isn’t my first can…since it isn’t  it brought to me where I’m looking at it. I won’t so much be looking at high volume of fire. I’m not worried about the blow back.  Things like suppression, repeatability, I like that the flash suppressor mount isn’t a tuning fork. It seems like there’s been issues with the can shooting off from mount…but maybe that’s user error more than the mounts fault?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:58:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, but I’m looking at the full sized Saker and not the “K.”
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:
Thanks, but I’m looking at the full sized Saker and not the “K.”
View Quote

Caliber & barrel length & use case?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:

Caliber & barrel length & use case?
View Quote

99.9999% 556 and 90% of that on 16” slow fire. The other 10% on a 10.3” medium to slow fire. No full auto..
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#8]
So you’ll get good muzzle suppression but with high back pressure.  Sturdy can that will shrug off the worst 10.5” use. On the heavier end. Which will give you more POI deflection between attached and no can.  

If 16” is the primary host consider lighter options.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:45:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the Saker and it's been a great can. I use it on multiple rifles and even my AKS-74U. It is probably just me, but I don't get gassed out by it. The ASR mount works fine although I did switch to Rearden Atlas to shorten things up.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:51:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I love my sakers.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:45:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#11]
My Saker556 sits in my safe with no host to use it anymore.  While it is as close to bomb proof as possible, it’s heavy and extremely gassy.  I’m not the biggest fan of adjustable gas blocks unless it’s absolutely required, so that became a problem.

All of my 5.56 hosts now wear Turbo K-RBs.  Shorter and lighter, although I’m obviously giving up some suppression.  More importantly, way less gassy.  My SR15 CQB was near unshootably gassy running drills with the Saker.  No longer a problem with YHM.

In 2024, unless you need those “bomb proof” attributes, I’d look at something else.  There are a ton of good options out there.  In the “full size” can world, I’ve been impressed enough with my .30 Griffin Explorr that I’d say take a look at the .224 Explorr.  Reasonably lightweight (something I’d pay attention to if this will see a lot of time on a 16” gun) and very manageable backpressure.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#12]
OP, have you seen the silencerco veloso?  It might be my next can since I'm all in on silencerco.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bendigo78:
OP, have you seen the silencerco veloso?  It might be my next can since I'm all in on silencerco.
View Quote

I have not…I’ll check it out.

I’m not so worried about the gasses or overall weight. Suppression and flash signature is a concern. I have some TI cans for weight, but at the compromise of flash. The  can will mostly see service on a 16” LaRue.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I’d look hard at the SiCo Velos LBP K can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top