Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2024 10:56:00 PM EDT
For anyone who has done an A5, where did you do your trust engraving? I’m trying to decide somewhere kind of discreet.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I did mine very on the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:41:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dogesco93] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By scottMO:
View Quote

Thanks - I might end up having to go that route. I don’t want it super obvious on the side of the receiver. I don’t care about it for ARs but this has some clean and nice engraving that I don’t want distracted by blocky trust font.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By dogesco93:

Thanks - I might end up having to go that route. I don’t want it super obvious on the side of the receiver. I don’t care about it for ARs but this has some clean and nice engraving that I don’t want distracted by blocky trust font.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dogesco93:
Originally Posted By scottMO:

No more engraving on the bbl (for a few years now) .....receiver or frame only
Maybe this ? (red rectangle)
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:53:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BASE] [#4]
Does it have to visible when assembled? I was thinking of having it put on the rectangular part of the upper tang that's attached to the receiver.

Nvm. A quick google search cleared that up. I've seen a few HK's where it wasn't but maybe that's changed.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I had mine done on the angled flat next to the trigger guard:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Snout:
I had mine done on the angled flat next to the trigger guard:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/505857/IMG_20240319_121559762_jpg-3163626.JPG
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone just put the engraving under/near the existing marking on the barrel? I know putting the makers info on the barrel is kind of frowned upon, and dumb in the case of an AR, but I don't plan on swapping barrels around in this thing unless it gets damaged.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 5:53:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Barrels are no longer allowed for NFA Maker info.

Frame, or receiver.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:40:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I think the serial # is the only thing that has to be on the receiver. Or that's what the ATF "reference guide" still says. Was there something else that changed?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BASE:
I think the serial # is the only thing that has to be on the receiver. Or that's what the ATF "reference guide" still says. Was there something else that changed?
View Quote

https://regulations.atf.gov/479-102/2023-01001#479-102

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:26:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Yikes, yeah that's not what I downloaded, I must be out of date as that looks like the source.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top