Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2023 9:53:01 PM EDT
Trying to find a decent soft sided case for my Shockwave with Magpul stock and coming up short. Whatcha got?
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I would bet that any of the discreet weapons cases would work just fine.  I have some older ones from Blackhawk that I’ve been using to transport my SBRs for the last 15-20 years.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Vang Comp has one that looks like a camp chair cover.  Available in different lengths.   Looks like you are carrying a chair around.

https://vangcomp.com/product/vcs-chair-cover/
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Field hockey bag is probably a little long, but should work. Some of them have handy extra pockets/pouches.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Architects have cylindrical cases meant for carrying rolled plans around that I've thought about, but they usually resemble a 6" diameter black PVC pipe, so it's not really discreet.  

And you might get mistaken for an architect, which would be embarrassing.

huh, they do have colors.  But you probably need more than 3" diameter.  I have seen larger ones but they get bulky and wasted space being round.
Amazon Product
  • EXTENDABLE TUBE: This poster tube has a telescopic tube to store longer posters. It measures 25" before extension and can be up to 40" when fully extended. Rotate the tube up or down to adjust the length and rotate back to lock.

Link Posted: 9/14/2023 7:28:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: prebans] [#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 11:22:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: prebans] [#8]
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 12:37:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By prebans:
This was well before the Vegas massacre.  I doubt I could do that today.  But ever since, I’ve been interested in disguised discreet cases.  I’ve been harassed by Karens and other “If you see something, say something” types at hotels for having basic normal non-tacticool gun cases on luggage carts or just being pulled along with normal luggage.  I’d say it peaked within the first two years after the massacre.  But every now and again, someone has to pipe up and it creates a massive headache.  The worst was a manager who loudly asked me to check out because some lady was going apoplectic.
View Quote

A good choice for the longer guns, and several at a time, is one of the hard cases meant to carry golf clubs as airplane luggage.  Bulky in the extreme but unremarkable.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#10]
This.  Or, light stand bags, like photography lights, also work well. I use one of these for my 590 SBS with light and RMR; need to consider these accessories when sizing, not just overall length. Completely discreet. There are hundreds of less expesnieve bags as well, but the ultra cheap ones usually have hardware issues.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004T8OPZA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Link Posted: 10/8/2023 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Eames:
This.  Or, light stand bags, like photography lights, also work well. I use one of these for my 590 SBS with light and RMR; need to consider these accessories when sizing, not just overall length. Completely discreet. There are hundreds of less expesnieve bags as well, but the ultra cheap ones usually have hardware issues.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004T8OPZA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51mwQ3deQyL._AC_SX679_.jpg

View Quote

That’s an excellent idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top