Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2023 10:04:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CATM]
Anyone SBS'd a Komrad since the ATF's brace ruling crap? It is kind of in a special category being that it wasn't considered a pistol pre-brace ruling and is now considered an SBS by the ATF. I wouldn't mind adding one to the collection, but I'd want to be able to legally register it as an SBS. I already have multiple NFA items, so I'm not afraid of getting on the ATF's "radar." It was never covered by the zero-fee SBR amnesty, since it wasn't considered a pistol to begin with. I don't know if the ATF will approve it, though, since I think now that it is considered contraband? If it can't be done I'll just Form 1 a full sized Saiga...

Thanks for the help/advise!
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 2:22:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CATM] [#1]
Well, no one had an answer I guess, so I got it, submitted it and it came back approved in 25 days.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I was going to go this route, but decided to buy a Fostech SBR instead.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice, yeah I SBS my Komrad as well. Very quick approval for me as well which was nice.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:48:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Catm, I have a pair of Komrads and one of them needs some changes. Not a fan of the arm brace at all.
I've got some unfinished laminate buttstocks and I think one of tham needs a home. I want some wood up front as well.
The Russian stuff just looks good wearing wood. Kind of like the really dark stuff, maybe even black stain.
Seeing yours got my interest up. Its a good look.
I'll post some pics when I get there.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:13:10 AM EDT
[#5]
With Dissident handguard.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top