Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:21:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Namsag] [#1]
TheTacticalCoyote  Wow! There is a couple of very slick V3's on here. Your contribution has been a favorite of mine since the first time I laid eyes on it.
I had several V3's prior to seeing your V3, but thats when I got excited and started my conversion on a V3 Field Sport.
I have a Tac 13 that I purchassed mainly to verify its configuration and because it is baddass.
I have done several configurations and this is the current configuration.
It's 11 inches on the barrel. I also shortened the magazine tube so I could use a single round extension matching the length of the barrel.
The mag tube was cut, a small section was removed, I machined a custom sleeve to join them back together, and then Tig welded.
The handguard has been shortened to 9 inches, front end counterbored, an aluminum ring seat was installed in that counterbore
I chose to go with a red dot on this one. It has a Kynshot recoil reducer sitting under the Magpul CTR buttstock.
This is an early version with both the piston exhaust cuts and compensated exhaust valves. Unlike the Tac 13 with exhaust plugs.
The barrel clamp is in work. It ties to the rib as well as the barrel and mag tube.
I did this one as a folder as well. I will use another V3 at 10 inches in its final configuration.

Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:18:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice!  What's the mag capacity, 4+1+1?
I have a 10" M1S90 that I love and am slowly tricking out, but that folder is so nice.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:34:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Namsag, have you thought about adding the FAB Defense folding AR grip on there?
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jbntex:

Glad to hear that there is some history of success with this concept and that the V3 barrels have a good chance of being re-threaded for rem-chokes after being cut back.

Thanks again for the response...I will  get in touch with you once the paperwork comes back to get it re-threaded for chokes.
View Quote

If Steve says it can be done, it can be done.

Trust the GunCat.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 5:33:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Namsag] [#5]
Backbencher, I have not. This set-up is for the AR style grip. I modified it to fit this set-up
The AGF43S might be the cats meow. I can make it work. I'm going to get one and see how the V3 responds to it....thanks for the thought.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 5:38:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Namsag] [#6]
mPisi, since I shortened the mag tube, I lost one round. She's 3+1 unless I can do a ghost round. Haven't tried yet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 6:16:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Namsag] [#7]
For folks on here that are interested in the Tac13/870 adapter which came on the V3 Tac13 only, I have some printed ones that came out excellent.
They are Nylon 12 and fit and finish is identical to the original, that could never be purchassed, or even had a part number.
I made these so the Magpul 870 SGA stock could be used. I've added a 10-32 set screw to the bottom lug to help keep the SGA stock pushed up.
This is the same issue with the Remington factory part. Improves the fit and visual on the mount. Used in the pictures.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top