Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2024 8:49:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunCat]
I hear “new” Rem Arms 870 shotguns that come factory drilled and tapped for an optic base have 3 holes vs the 4 hole set up that Remington earlier used on some 870 and 1100/11-87 guns.

Is the 3 hole spacing the same as the 4 hole, just omitting the front hole?  If not, does anyone have the actual measurements for the 3 hole spacing?

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:17:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Several sources are reporting that the 3 hole spacing is the same as the original 4 hole spacing, just omitting the front hole.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 3:32:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PALADIN-hgwt] [#2]
I have a couple of those rails.  None of the manufacturers could tell me a critical bit of info:  the mounts come with 3 short screws and one longer one, which hole does the long screw go to?!  Yes, I could just try it and check if it interfered with anything internal.  But why no definitive info from the makers?  Are the 3 screw mounts screws all the same length?

Paladin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top