Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2024 9:53:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIGthusiast]
Took out the Element 3 and Explorr 300 today along with a few 22 hosts and a new AR build I've been screwing together.

I was finally able to test out my new Browning Nomad threaded barrel and I have to say it is absolutely my favorite rimfire pistol host to this point.  It is quieter than any of my others.  The balance is great!  Yes, she looks like she was made in 1968 (cuz she was) but all I hear is the clanking of the action and the hammer falling with SV.  What a pleasure!  I sold all my Buckmarks but I have to say, it's predecessor is phenomenal.  Also, no first round pop with the Element 3 in this combo.  I do get a very minor first round pop with my others.  Another plus, this thing is cleaner after shooting 400 rounds suppressed than my others after 200 unsuppressed.  Big fan.

Now to the new build.  Dragging myself into 2005 I finally decided to build a 6.8 SPC.  12.5 inch mid-length ARP with Riflespeed gas block.  110gr S&B.  I have to say, I'm impressed.  Absolutely quieter at the shooter's ear than 5.56.  I was alone so couldnt compare from non-shooter perspective.  I think the Explorr tamed it very well.  I already have a couple 6.5 Grendels and I have to say, I may like the 6.8 SPC more.  Not kicking the Grendels out but there may be more 6.8 love coming to my safe.  Really wasn't expecting quieter.  Any other 6.8 shooters with this experience?

ETA:Pics for the pic whores

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you get a threaded barrel for a Nomad?

I picked a Nomad up cheap at an auction a few years ago, would love to have a threaded barrel for it.  It is a sweet shooter and a nice light woods gun.  I haven't even found a spare barrel for it I could have threaded.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:02:33 AM EDT
[#2]
That pistol has a great Man from U.N.C.L.E. vibe to it. (Their silencers were smaller, lol).
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:52:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VaFish:

I picked a Nomad up cheap at an auction a few years ago, would love to have a threaded barrel for it.  It is a sweet shooter and a nice light woods gun.  I haven't even found a spare barrel for it I could have threaded.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure he had a special thread adapter made by my friend Paul at Country Customs Metalsmithing.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By turbobrick:
I'm pretty sure he had a special thread adapter made by my friend Paul at Country Customs Metalsmithing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By turbobrick:
Originally Posted By VaFish:

Barrel wasn't too hard for me to find.  It wasn't terribly cheap though considering the price of the full pistol.  I think it was 150.  I did get it threaded by Paul.  Easy transaction and great work.  After shooting it though, I wouldn't have troubled with the spare barrel and just gotten the original done.  I'm never shooting it again unsuppressed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top