Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2024 3:28:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoMoAMMO]
Anybody got anything back from him recently. I sent an MP5 kit to be built back in 2021 and for the past year I've been told it'll be done in the next 30 days, shortly etc etc.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:
Anybody got anything back from him recently. I sent an MP5 kit to be built back in 2021 and for the past year I've been told it'll be done in the next 30 days, shortly etc etc.
View Quote

I feel your pain, he has 2 of my mine in for SD and KSD conversions. 5G in weapons and 4G of my money and nothing to show for it as of yet accept a suppressor he sent ahead.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#3]
A few years ago, there were not that many good builders.  And you had to put up with poor customer service, poor communication, and ridiculous turn around times.

Things have changed.  There are very good builders now who don't hate their customers.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I know his work is great but there's no way I could be that patient for that long and be out the money in the meantime.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Outrider:
I know his work is great but there's no way I could be that patient for that long and be out the money in the meantime.
View Quote

I could not wait any longer, I ended up sending out my last spare SP5 out to Michaels Machine to have him do one. He promised me 4wk delivery with can after I told him about my dilemma. I’m just having this one done a little different than the others, it’s being finished in RAL. I’m about 2 1/2 weeks into this one. We shall see.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:23:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm about 2 year into a 6 month quoted wait with RDTS....  I don't want to piss him off, however my patience is running thin.  I know he does a great job.  I really think he needs to have a better system to track and quote jobs.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:37:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MountedMedic:
I'm about 2 year into a 6 month quoted wait with RDTS....  I don't want to piss him off, however my patience is running thin.  I know he does a great job.  I really think he needs to have a better system to track and quote jobs.
View Quote

I avoid calling him just for that reason but do now and then just to remind him I’m still alive and waiting. He is actually a very nice person to chat with and conversation is just not about A2 stuff. Problem, aside from taking more work than he can do, is he does these in batches and it’s not the only thing he does. So we are waiting on him to do his Premium builds, any belt fed stuff he may have along with the small stuff he can kick out quickly to pay the bills. Then he also has to produce the cans for any/all builds he’s working on. Not making excuses, just stating how it is. Just bad business practice IMHO, to quote build times and be late, 4-5 times over. But his is/was the only person at that time you could send an SP5 in for SD conversion and it comes back all HK accept for cage if you choose not to have legacy tube added. Now I believe there is someone else converting donor’s barrel to SD.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:42:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chargerdude70] [#8]
Edit: Double tap
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I’m 17 months in on hk11a1 build. I’m trying distract myself with buy Hk 21/23e parts.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:42:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshNC] [#10]
Originally Posted By ARUDD:
I’m 17 months in on hk11a1 build. I’m trying distract myself with buy Hk 21/23e parts.
View Quote

Ha, me too though my 11a1 kit was dropped off with him in June 2022. I’ve yet to send him my 91, feed mechs, barrels, other small parts.

And short of finding some deal or a rare part, I think I’m done buying parts.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:10:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARUDD] [#11]
My kit October 2022
Yeah I called him asked if he wanted me send the feed mechanism and bolt he said no they will work don’t send them in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top