Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2024 9:52:19 PM EDT
Is anyone getting quicker than usual approvals with Silencer Shop Single Shot Trust filings? It seems like one they realize it's a SSSS cookie cutter trust they probably don't need to examine all of the wording, might just check the areas unique to the can and the trustee, move onto background check on that individual and get the thing sorted. I'm just wondering if anyone has had impressive results with those recently.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:45:19 AM EDT
[#1]
In for the answer.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:39:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm past a month so far since certification on mine and haven't gotten any approval yet. ASA recently put out a video talking about how the ATF is still planning to make it to that standardized trusts are almost as fast as individuals, but to my knowledge that's not become a reality yet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Does Silencershop offer an individual option through their kiosk or can you only do a trust?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#4]
You can go through SS as an individual.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NC_Parrothead:
You can go through SS as an individual.
View Quote

Thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By evlblkwpnz:
Is anyone getting quicker than usual approvals with Silencer Shop Single Shot Trust filings? It seems like one they realize it's a SSSS cookie cutter trust they probably don't need to examine all of the wording, might just check the areas unique to the can and the trustee, move onto background check on that individual and get the thing sorted. I'm just wondering if anyone has had impressive results with those recently.
View Quote

SS posted a video on thier 'Gram a month or so ago when things began speeding up stating that their Single Shots were getting approved super-fast and stated a reason but I don't remember exactly the reason.   I bought an unlimited Single Shot several years ago...
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#7]
For me, no. Neither is my individual filing with Capitol coming back “fast”. But I’m “only” 3 months in on an individual and 1 month in on my single shot trusts. I got two single shot ones back at 4 months earlier this year.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#8]

wish this was the norm

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#9]
If you have a trust saved with silencer shop, make sure you change it to a individual if your gonna file that way. You need to log in and change this before you do the purchase, other wise it defaults to what you did the last time. It took a week for SS to cancel the last purchase I made and change it to an individual.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#10]
This was from a GD thread a couple days ago. The first and only instances I’ve heard of a quick approval for a trust.

Originally Posted By walldj45:
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:
Are these super short wait times for individuals only, or also trusts?

View Quote

Mostly individuals.  I had 2 19hr single shot trusts 2 weeks ago.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Mblades:
This was from a GD thread a couple days ago. The first and only instances I’ve heard of a quick approval for a trust.

View Quote

We can hope, right? That's certainly inspiring, what could be.

I've never had one go faster than about 11 months, even as an active 07/02. I'd be happy to see a 3 month approval on some, but I'll take a week or so with a big smile. I'm past hours and days at this point.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#12]

It should be. On the bright side we are a lot closer to it being the norm than we ever were
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Im seeing a lot of trust approvals right at the 4 month mark. I believe most of them are single shot trusts. The umbrella trusts take a little longer even with one RP on them.

A rep told me they heard from ASA that the atf was going to build some sort of software to review "standardized" trusts. No idea if this is true or not, what is what I was told.

Honestly, this whole can craze was a little overwhelming at first but we are adjusting to better the customer experience. I hope your guys shops are taking care of you in this crazy time.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#14]
There is a reason I just went with the standard SS trust ( not single shot ), I figured the atf has seen them a bunch so it should be a little easier for them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Unlimited SStrust.  Bought it New Year's eve. Finalized it a week later.  Approved/received yesterday.  So, basically 4 months.  Far cry faster than the 2 cans from a couple/several years back that took a year each.  With the quicker approval times that were being posted some months back, I was thinking it would be great if I got it before July 4th.  And here we are, 3 months quicker.  Yay!
!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By igozumn:
Unlimited SStrust.  Bought it New Year's eve. Finalized it a week later.  Approved/received yesterday.  So, basically 4 months.  Far cry faster than the 2 cans from a couple/several years back that took a year each.  With the quicker approval times that were being posted some months back, I was thinking it would be great if I got it before July 4th.  And here we are, 3 months quicker.  Yay!
!!
View Quote

Not bad. I’m guessing now that individual form 4s are an automated process they have more people to manually review trusts.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got one at 195 days and another at 160 days.  I should have filed individual.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I did a Single Shot Trust on 2/28 for a Rugged Obsidian 9...submitted on 3/19, still waiting.

I did an individual for a Mod 9 on 4/3-approved on 4/12 (Silencer Shop)
Another individual for a Socom 556-SB2 on 5/7 that was approved 5/9 (Capital Armory)
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I applied for my Single shot trust  Dec. 18th of 2023.
It came back  May 10th 2024.
This was my first NFA item.
The dealer that I bought from said he has had some individual form 4s  approved in as short as 18 hours.
Now that I'm in the system, he said another trust for me should be  around 90 days, but you never know.
Top Top