Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 1/1/2024 9:11:21 AM EDT
What is the purpose of the front spike on a Sayoc Tomahawk.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe its intended to enhance penetration of the blade
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
not sure , but the Jack Carr books have sure helped these things gain some traction / marketability

Im trying to decide if i want to try one or not as AncientSmithy has some nice looking versions.     I know it wont do much more than the $15 Harbor Freight camp axe i keep in my truck will do, --- but we're gun guys - we like shiny things --
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:57:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Joescuba:
What is the purpose of the front spike on a Sayoc Tomahawk.
View Quote

It's purely intended for increased penetration on hard mediums or soft armor. It works, but it also limits the Sayoc to mostly a weapon and less utility.

My son has his with him right now and he's deployed to the ME. He does carry it on training missions, but he says he just "plays with it" when bored

I have the same Sayoc, but without the spike. Since it's really not the most effective small tomahawk as a tool, I probably should have just sated my appetite with the spiked version. The handle and balance are excellent regardless.

ROCK6

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:02:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an earlier model and its not all the awesome.   The balance is all wrong.  I much prefer my Shrike tomahawk
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wvfarrier:
I have an earlier model and its not all the awesome.   The balance is all wrong.  I much prefer my Shrike tomahawk
View Quote

Yeah, the Shrike does balance pretty good. My son got my regular size, but I'm happy with the S13. My Sayoc is just too pretty to beat shit up with it

ROCK6
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top