Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2024 11:53:18 AM EDT
I have an early (DS serial # prefix) DSA SA58 FAL, 21inch barrel with the DSA flat top cover and 14 20rd metal mags. It has around 600rds through it.  I bought it around 20 years ago.

I haven’t been following the FAL stuff for a few years, and a friend expressed interest in buying it, but I’m not sure what things are going for these days.

I’ve checked some auctions and various EE postings and assume it would be in the 1,500-2k range?
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on the parts it was assembled from.

The receiver alone is worth about $800. Mags go for $35-$40 each.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Camel:
I have an early (DS serial # prefix) DSA SA58 FAL, 21inch barrel with the DSA flat top cover and 14 20rd metal mags. It has around 600rds through it.  I bought it around 20 years ago.

I haven’t been following the FAL stuff for a few years, and a friend expressed interest in buying it, but I’m not sure what things are going for these days.

I’ve checked some auctions and various EE postings and assume it would be in the 1,500-2k range?
View Quote

A suggestion - You can look at how much DSA FAL is going for on their webpage and gauge how much of a 'friend' the interested party is to you, that's how I would go about moving the goods. I am doing the same with one of my collected goods.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:14:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: osprey21] [#3]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 1:35:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:
Depends on the parts it was assembled from.

The receiver alone is worth about $800. Mags go for $35-$40 each.
View Quote

Care to share where you are finding the 35 - $40 mags? All I've been finding is $50ish and up
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
DSA mfg or surplus?

View Quote

Surplus
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:58:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tac556] [#6]
Originally Posted By bravo5two:

A suggestion - You can look at how much DSA FAL is going for on their webpage and gauge how much of a 'friend' the interested party is to you, that's how I would go about moving the goods. I am doing the same with one of my collected goods.
View Quote

Not really.  #1- early full DSA builds would have a lot more actual Austrian made STG-58 parts them.  Most folks would prefer Austrian parts vs US made ones.

#2- kit builds (he did not specify if he knows which it was- full DSA build or kit build) could be anything from an STG-58 to an Imbel kit, which is worth half as much as the STG.

#3- current DSA offerings have current DSA made cast receivers.  His is actually made for DSA by LMT, it is forged, and it is far more desirable amongst most FAL folks.  

Gunbroker auctions are the best way to measure it.  Or post pics here.  Lots of kit builds are sadly actually worth more if broken down into a receiver and kit versus as a rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top