Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2024 3:10:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#1]
It was all sold out when I saw the email and I only had the email for 9 minutes. I can't complain, I am currently waiting for FedEx to show up so I can sign for my last powder order. Now if they would only hurry up so I don't waste the entire day.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Only 2 kinds of people in the world, according to my Drill Sgts.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I got my powder order in while they were halfway through uploading new powders and before I got the e-mail. Just lucky for once.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:26:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1911user] [#4]
Originally Posted By GarrettJ:
Some of you are pretty darned quick.  I just got an email from American Reloading with powder available, including a few that would be good for .223 & .308.  I opened up the website, showing five 8-lb containers stock, added a couple to the cart, entered my credit card info and "submit order".  Probably took all of 30 seconds.  In that time, someone had snagged all of them.  

Got to be quick.
View Quote

If you really want to be successful, you should be looking at the website before new things are added each day.  Their timing is somewhat predictable, typically 1:45-2PM central time.  
Look at email alert timing for the last few weeks. Subtract 10-15 minutes.  Then start looking and refreshing each minute or so and do that day after day until you find the precious (powder) in stock.
I had 2 selected powders, 3 jugs total, on order minutes before the email went out this afternoon.  You could do the same.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Nuts

I check them 2-3x per day too
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m never fast enough to get the 223/308 powder. By the time the email is out it’s OOS
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I was able to snag 8# of the StaBALL Match equivalent. Clicked the moment I got the email. Even dinked around for a minute or so seeing if I wanted to get something else.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:42:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

I got to the website in time but missed it while hemming and hawing on whether to get that or wait to see if TAC or 2520 might come in stock.

I assume StaBall Match is GTG for most bullet weights in 223 and 308?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
I was able to snag 8# of the StaBALL Match equivalent. Clicked the moment I got the email. Even dinked around for a minute or so seeing if I wanted to get something else.

I got to the website in time but missed it while hemming and hawing on whether to get that or wait to see if TAC or 2520 might come in stock.

2520 was there too. It was OOS by the time I got my order through though as I went back to maybe get some of it too. From what I have been reading lately, StaBALL leans towards heavier bullets for 223. Haven't looked into it for .308.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:53:15 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

This powder burn-rate chart from the Hodgdon site places it next to BLC-2 which is a versatile powder for 223/308.  These charts are subjective, but they can give an idea of where different powders might be a good fit depending on the cartridge and bullet weight.  Today, I used one like it to quickly decide that the "similar to CFE 223" MP 525 powder should work for heavier 223 and medium 308 loads.  I saw similar to AA2230 and AA2460 powders pop up just as the email was sent, but they were gone very quickly plus I'd already completed the CFE 223 buy.  

https://hodgdonpowderco.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/2024-Smokeless-Relative-Burn-Rate-Chart-WEBSITE.pdf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top