Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 162
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 3:37:13 AM EDT
[#1]
My newest setup. I'm deploying in June, so I'm getting things ready ahead of time (hence the 'clean' gear. Nothing dusty (yet)). I'm not sure they'll let me use the PC since it's multicam, but I can't see why not, considering there's still guys in Woodland OTVs. If not, no big deal not like it takes up a lot of space folded up. Anyways, on to the goods.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0130.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0132.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0135.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0136.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0138.jpg

Gear list:
The PC:
Tactical Tailor TTRAC
US Palm Hydration pack (being replaced with a Tyr Tactical SPARC Hydration pack)
Tyr tactical admin /w light pouch
Streamlight Sidewinder
Troy Pinardi Sling
Tyr utility pouch
Issued IFAK
Viking tac pistol mag pouches x2
Benchmade Nimravus
unknown manu. prototype quad mag pouch

The Belt:
DIamondback Tactical Assaulters belt
Viking tac dual M4 kangaroo pouch
Eagle Ind dump pouch
Eagle Ind utility pouch
Eagle Ind frag pouch
Blackhawk thigh panel w/ HK USP / 1911 Serpa

Currently waiting on a few bits, namely my Taco mag pouches from HSGI, and my smaller Blowout Kit from HSGI, for the belt. I think I'll go with a 4 pouch setup on the PC, and 2 Tacos to replace the Viking dual pouch on the belt. My reasoning behind the Tacos, I have a multitude of rifles that I love, but different mags for most (6.5G/Stanags, 6.8 steel mags, AK mags, and M1A mags), so I like the interchangeability offered by the Tacos. I'll also be adding a couple more strips of 1" MOLLE webbing to the top QR flap. I don't like how low it forces the rest of my setup to be. The flashlight pouch is almost in the way of mag grabs, so I'd like to shift it up and open up some real estate.

*The HK USP Serpa has been 'adjusted' slightly, to accommodate the HK45, as there's not a wide availabilty of HK45 holsters. For those interested, all that needs removed is a couple millimeters just inside the trigger guard area, to fit the larger, upgraded magazine release paddles. Also, the sight channel is widened/deepened to fit the taller HK45. It's a slightly snugger fit than the USP was, and the snout hangs out a bit, but it works without compromising the integrity of the holster.

I'm open to any suggestions y'all might have, I love constructive criticism.  Makes me better in the long run.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By sweatpants:

Nice, do you usually wear the strobe in front there?

The strobe is out of the pouch. I put a Multitasker Series 2 tool in it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By WusteHase:

My newest setup. I'm deploying in June, so I'm getting things ready ahead of time (hence the 'clean' gear. Nothing dusty (yet)). I'm not sure they'll let me use the PC since it's multicam, but I can't see why not, considering there's still guys in Woodland OTVs. If not, no big deal not like it takes up a lot of space folded up. Anyways, on to the goods.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0130.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0132.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0135.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0136.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0138.jpg

Gear list:

The PC:

Tactical Tailor TTRAC

US Palm Hydration pack (being replaced with a Tyr Tactical SPARC Hydration pack)

Tyr tactical admin /w light pouch

Streamlight Sidewinder

Troy Pinardi Sling

Tyr utility pouch

Issued IFAK

Viking tac pistol mag pouches x2

Benchmade Nimravus

unknown manu. prototype quad mag pouch

The Belt:

DIamondback Tactical Assaulters belt

Viking tac dual M4 kangaroo pouch

Eagle Ind dump pouch

Eagle Ind utility pouch

Eagle Ind frag pouch

Blackhawk thigh panel w/ HK USP / 1911 Serpa

Currently waiting on a few bits, namely my Taco mag pouches from HSGI, and my smaller Blowout Kit from HSGI, for the belt. I think I'll go with a 4 pouch setup on the PC, and 2 Tacos to replace the Viking dual pouch on the belt. My reasoning behind the Tacos, I have a multitude of rifles that I love, but different mags for most (6.5G/Stanags, 6.8 steel mags, AK mags, and M1A mags), so I like the interchangeability offered by the Tacos. I'll also be adding a couple more strips of 1" MOLLE webbing to the top QR flap. I don't like how low it forces the rest of my setup to be. The flashlight pouch is almost in the way of mag grabs, so I'd like to shift it up and open up some real estate.

*The HK USP Serpa has been 'adjusted' slightly, to accommodate the HK45, as there's not a wide availabilty of HK45 holsters. For those interested, all that needs removed is a couple millimeters just inside the trigger guard area, to fit the larger, upgraded magazine release paddles. Also, the sight channel is widened/deepened to fit the taller HK45. It's a slightly snugger fit than the USP was, and the snout hangs out a bit, but it works without compromising the integrity of the holster.

I'm open to any suggestions y'all might have, I love constructive criticism. Makes me better in the long run.

looks good.

Link Posted: 3/21/2011 6:41:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SleeperShooter] [#4]
<snip>
I'm open to any suggestions y'all might have, I love constructive criticism.  Makes me better in the long run.

[Sorry EightySecond... gotta disagree with you on this one... ]

Let me start by saying if you're not actually .Mil, knock that shit off right now because there's a lot of us that can smell bullshit from a mile away.  I'm only saying that because you're new here and it seems the "cool" thing is to buy a bunch of battlerattle and then claim "I'm Military" on the 'net.  Don't get your chonies in a knot, just seems to be a lot of posers on here lately.

Now that that's out of the way, lets get down to the Nitty Gritty.  First off, since you're a lefty (as am I), why in Sam Hell do you have that monstrosity of a pouch impeding the drawstroke of your secondary weapon??  I don't know what you've got in those pouches, but you sure as fuck want to limit the amount of crap in the way of your "Holy Shit the BG's right in front of me and I gotta get my secondary out" drawstroke.  Along those lines, why the hell do you have a pouch right above your holster???   I mean seriously, get out of your basement, get to some real Shoot 'n Scoot training, and see how hard that setup fails.  I'd give it about five seconds after your primary goes down before it fails and you then understand my concern.

Secondly, get those damn primary mags in the center of your damn carrier.  Unless you're Go-Go Gadget left arm can reach it, move that shit.  If your left right arm/hand becomes disabled, your goose is as cooked.  Mags and other necessity gear goes (IFAK, Admin pouch, secondary/ terciary pistol ) in the center of your chest, other gear / crap goes towards the sides.

After that, when you've got your primary mags in the center of your chest, put your secondary mags next to 'em on your right.  The other option is something that allows the secondary mags to be kangaroo'd onto the primary mag pouch (HSGI Taco's come to mind).  

Fourth, and not last, why would you put that BM knife between two of your secondary mags???  I'm not understanding that one bit.  I want my fixed blade knife on my strong (left) side because that's the hand that's going to be grabbin', slicin', and dicin' when the SHTF.  If you're carrying it that way in the event some Hadj/ BadGuy goes for a gun grab (not likely since you're claiming to be .Mil), then there's better options as far as knives go for that role.

And last, for know because I've got to get back to studying, I hope to god that's not the holster you plan on carrying in whatever obscure neck of the woods you're getting "deployed" to.  Not only is the Serpa one of the worst to have (unless it's on your chest for various reasons), the way that you have it mounted and the fore-end straps aren't even secured to anything remotely well enough to take the weight of a secondary weapon, is going to bite you in the ass.

Sorry to be so blunt, but it's kinda one of those thorns in my side for someone who's .Mil to have their gear setup in such an assinine (sic I'm sure) way.  Again, I hope you're GTG on the whole Military thing and if so for your Service.  If not... well that's on you.

-SleeperShooter

ETA:  Couple 'o spelling corrections & typo's to fix.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By SleeperShooter:

<snip>
Secondly, get those damn primary mags in the center of your damn carrier. Unless you're Go-Go Gadget left arm can reach it, move that shit.  If your left arm/hand becomes disabled, your goose is as cooked.  Mags and other necessity gear goes (IFAK, Admin pouch, secondary/ terciary pistol ) in the center of your chest, other gear / crap goes towards the sides.

<snip>
That was my biggest red flag. And I'm LSHD.

Link Posted: 3/21/2011 7:57:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: COMPNOR] [#6]
Yes, you're not a "real operator" if you run a SERPA.  Sorry, but I ran one last time I was in Afghanistan, and it worked just fine.  And I liked it much better than my issued Safariland.  Always gotta wonder about a person who says something is the worst.  Of course that Serpa doesn't look like it would work for a M9, which is what you more than likely would be issued.  

Personally, I'd like to see it on you before going with all kinds of do's and don'ts.  Because just sitting there on the floor, it looks all jumbled up.  

Link Posted: 3/21/2011 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Got a Condor plate carrier to test out.

Discussion on Condor gear at ...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=339573&page=1
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By COMPNOR:

Yes, you're not a "real operator" if you run a SERPA.  Sorry, but I ran one last time I was in Afghanistan, and it worked just fine.  And I liked it much better than my issued Safariland.  Of course that Serpa doesn't look like it would work for a M9, which is what you more than likely would be issued.  

Personally, I'd like to see it on you before going with all kinds of do's and don'ts.  Because just sitting there on the floor, it looks all jumbled up.  

FWIW, I run serpa, and love it.

Link Posted: 3/21/2011 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess I'm a fuck up because I have a SERPA with pouches above it, too...

P.S. I love the SERPA and have never had any issues with it.

Link Posted: 3/21/2011 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Uh judging by your boots I'm guessing you're a devil dog. Did you ask anyone about the multicam? I think you just wasted a ton of money.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:
Uh judging by your boots I'm guessing you're a devil dog. Did you ask anyone about the multicam? I think you just wasted a ton of money.

Literally just typing hit reply to type this. Not only private purchased MC stuff but issue IFAK in MC?
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By sspicher:

Literally just typing hit reply to type this. Not only private purchased MC stuff but issue IFAK in MC?

The IFAK is coyote it looks like, not multi.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 10:17:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By sspicher:

The IFAK is coyote it looks like, not multi.

Ah yes it does, i musta matched it with the shears too quick. Either way, MC....
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 12:23:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WusteHase] [#14]
<snip>

Let me start by saying if you're not actually .Mil, knock that shit off right now because there's a lot of us that can smell bullshit from a mile away.  I'm only saying that because you're new here and it seems the "cool" thing is to buy a bunch of battlerattle and then claim "I'm Military" on the 'net.  Don't get your chonies in a knot, just seems to be a lot of posers on here lately.

Now that that's out of the way, lets get down to the Nitty Gritty.  First off, since you're a lefty (as am I), why in Sam Hell do you have that monstrosity of a pouch impeding the drawstroke of your secondary weapon??  I don't know what you've got in those pouches, but you sure as fuck want to limit the amount of crap in the way of your "Holy Shit the BG's right in front of me and I gotta get my secondary out" drawstroke.  Along those lines, why the hell do you have a pouch right above your holster???   I mean seriously, get out of your basement, get to some real Shoot 'n Scoot training, and see how hard that setup fails.  I'd give it about five seconds after your primary goes down before it fails and you then understand my concern.

Secondly, get those damn primary mags in the center of your damn carrier.  Unless you're Go-Go Gadget left arm can reach it, move that shit.  If your left right arm/hand becomes disabled, your goose is as cooked.  Mags and other necessity gear goes (IFAK, Admin pouch, secondary/ terciary pistol ) in the center of your chest, other gear / crap goes towards the sides.

After that, when you've got your primary mags in the center of your chest, put your secondary mags next to 'em on your right.  The other option is something that allows the secondary mags to be kangaroo'd onto the primary mag pouch (HSGI Taco's come to mind).  

Fourth, and not last, why would you put that BM knife between two of your secondary mags???  I'm not understanding that one bit.  I want my fixed blade knife on my strong (left) side because that's the hand that's going to be grabbin', slicin', and dicin' when the SHTF.  If you're carrying it that way in the event some Hadj/ BadGuy goes for a gun grab (not likely since you're claiming to be .Mil), then there's better options as far as knives go for that role.

And last, for know because I've got to get back to studying, I hope to god that's not the holster you plan on carrying in whatever obscure neck of the woods you're getting "deployed" to.  Not only is the Serpa one of the worst to have (unless it's on your chest for various reasons), the way that you have it mounted and the fore-end straps aren't even secured to anything remotely well enough to take the weight of a secondary weapon, is going to bite you in the ass.

Sorry to be so blunt, but it's kinda one of those thorns in my side for someone who's .Mil to have their gear setup in such an assinine (sic I'm sure) way.  Again, I hope you're GTG on the whole Military thing and if so for your Service.  If not... well that's on you.

-SleeperShooter

Lol jesus you guys are quick to jump. I'm ".mil" as you put it, here, MWTC Bridgeport:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/MWTC/101_0195.jpghttp://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/MWTC/101_0180.jpg

I'm not a lefty, I dunno what gave you that impression. That "monstrosity" of a pouch is almost centered on the middle of my back, just below the camelback. It looks like it's above the holster, but when actually worn the curvature of the belt puts the pouch well out of the way of any draw. I've never had an issue with the serpa. I've read all the arguments back and forth, for a long time. I like em. (I'm obviously not carrying the HK45 or the 1911, outside of my own personal range time.) The knife, I stuck it on there cus I wanted to see how it works. It'll be replaced by a (much) smaller TDI or something similar on the right side, likely behind the admin pouch.

As for the mag pouches under the armpits, that's not my "primary" source. If you'd read the rest of my post, you'd see that there were other pouches (6 HSGI Tacos) in the mail that I'm waiting on. That thing on the side is what I've got stuck on there right now to see how thick I can stack things under my arm without them being in the way. It'll be replaced with the dbl kangaroo pouch currently on the belt, just to slim things down a bit.

As far as taking this on the boat, I doubt I'll be anywhere getting shot at, but for running drills and whatnot, a lightweight pc> our bulky MTVs. I won't be taking the belt, as I won't be getting a pistol (unless I pick up Staff by then; unlikely but possible). But on the off chance we do end up in the shit, I'd like to have things handy. I don't think I'll be having any issues with the color, as there's still guys wearing old woodland stuff, and I've seen a couple people in PCs in different colors.

Gimme a few minutes and I'll throw all this on, to give you an idea of how it all fits.

Edit: Here you go
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0002.jpghttp://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0003.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0004.jpghttp://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0005.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0007.jpghttp://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0011.jpg
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 1:32:34 AM EDT
[#15]
<snip>

-SleeperShooter

Lol jesus you guys are quick to jump. I'm ".mil" as you put it, here, MWTC Bridgeport:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/MWTC/101_0195.jpghttp://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/MWTC/101_0180.jpg

I'm not a lefty, I dunno what gave you that impression. That "monstrosity" of a pouch is almost centered on the middle of my back, just below the camelback. It looks like it's above the holster, but when actually worn the curvature of the belt puts the pouch well out of the way of any draw. I've never had an issue with the serpa. I've read all the arguments back and forth, for a long time. I like em. (I'm obviously not carrying the HK45 or the 1911, outside of my own personal range time.) The knife, I stuck it on there cus I wanted to see how it works. It'll be replaced by a (much) smaller TDI or something similar on the right side, likely behind the admin pouch.

As for the mag pouches under the armpits, that's not my "primary" source. If you'd read the rest of my post, you'd see that there were other pouches (6 HSGI Tacos) in the mail that I'm waiting on. That thing on the side is what I've got stuck on there right now to see how thick I can stack things under my arm without them being in the way. It'll be replaced with the dbl kangaroo pouch currently on the belt, just to slim things down a bit.

As far as taking this on the boat, I doubt I'll be anywhere getting shot at, but for running drills and whatnot, a lightweight pc> our bulky MTVs. I won't be taking the belt, as I won't be getting a pistol (unless I pick up Staff by then; unlikely but possible). But on the off chance we do end up in the shit, I'd like to have things handy. I don't think I'll be having any issues with the color, as there's still guys wearing old woodland stuff, and I've seen a couple people in PCs in different colors.

Gimme a few minutes and I'll throw all this on, to give you an idea of how it all fits.

Edit: Here you go
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0002.jpghttp://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0003.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0004.jpghttp://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0005.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0007.jpghttp://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Gear/DSCF0011.jpg

I don't understand why you didn't just get coyote...i mean woodland at least was issued at some point...i really think you should check with CoC, like I said that's alotof kit that you won't be able to wear, afghanistan or meu it doesnt matter.

I mean come on uniformity bull shit shouldn't be a new concept for you in the corps... Its great looking kit but multicam is a no go in every unit Ive been in.
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 1:39:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Is it just me, or is that holster sometimes on the left, and sometimes on the right?
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 1:44:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WusteHase] [#17]
Like I said before. I've got all my issued gear, in coyote. The TT PC isn't a bunch of padding, it folds up pretty small. If I'm not allowed to use it, then so be it. I'll keep it folded up in the bottom of a bag. Me and my brother, we like setting up our own courses out here in the desert, for fun. I felt like getting something I liked, so I did. But this is the gear thread, shall we leave it at that?

(I think this will make more sense, should've mentioned it earlier. I got the PC in a trade, I didn't exactly have the option of asking for Coyote as it's the only one the guy had)
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 1:44:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Is it just me, or is that holster sometimes on the left, and sometimes on the right?

Sometimes I'm using a mirror, sometimes I'm not
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 1:46:56 AM EDT
[#19]

That would make sense with that black frame in the one shot.
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 1:55:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SleeperShooter] [#20]
Wuste,
 Thanks for your service.  As for the "lefty" stuff... Err... um.... Damn mirrors playing tricks on me.  Them pictures look like a lefty holster... until you realize the HK45 is back-asswards.  ....

As for the comments about Serpa's ... life is about choices and you have to live with whatever floats or sinks your boat.  As I have stated previously in various posts, I cannot stand the Serpa for a myriad of reasons.  The biggest two are because when I first tried the Serpa on duty (former LEO) the damn thing jammed up in two seperate training courses when I was rolling around in the desert (class was in Arizona).  I'm glad I learned that lesson while not on the streets/ water.  The second reason is because a good friend of mine and I were doing some other non-gun training (he was trying out various hand-to-hand grapples on me [I was the BG]) and during one of the scenarios his gun came out of his holster and was laying on the deck.  I lost all faith, and more importantly IMHO trust, in that holster after that.  If that's what floats your boat, so be it.  I hope it serves you well and never fails.  Personally, I also don't quite like the idea that my trigger finger has to release anything.  That finger is for pulling the trigger and releasing a mag.  The index finger is, again IMO, not in a very good pos'n to be indexed along the receiver after the draw.  But, I don't have to wear it so as long as you're happy with it, carry on.

As for the comments I made about the pouches, well seeing it on the deck and seeing it on a person are two different things.  As a LEO, I cannot stand anything in the way of my secondary drawstroke due to the simple fact we don't always have long guns with us.  I don't want anything whatsoever in the way of holstering or reholstering my weapon.  I did read the post about waiting for the Taco's, but I wasn't aware that you were going to add them to the front of your rig.  Details, details, details.  You asked for opinions, I gave mine.  They might not work with your style or setup, but they're still my opinions.  Just makin' sure we're still on the same page.

Now, a more personal note, be careful with the picture of you with that AK... post that shit in GD with "We're deploying" and the Red Dawn fanatics might just shit their pants.
Be safe,
-SS

As for this stunt:

Stop being a wanker and make up your mind.      

Link Posted: 3/22/2011 2:05:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I do appreciate all the input. Just to clarify, the Tacos are going in a slim setup, 3 on the flap and one just to the left, 2 more on the belt in the opening I made there.

I'll see about the serpa, I'll put it through as much abuse as I can. Who knows, I might end up with a Safariland, or hell just a generic universal (works just fine for some of the guys I know).

The mirror thing, that was just the last set of pics I took, all the original pics are with the kit on the floor. Sorry for the confusion

Again, thanks for the inputs, I'll definitely be keeping in mind about the serpa.
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#22]
As for you guys bitching about the Serpa, there are a lot of "D" guys that use them. Rather than make a prouncement that they suck, it would be better to say "they don't work for me".

It's actually pretty simple....I own a couple of Serpas and they are decent holsters but I prefer my Safriland ALS......

PS I do agree however that the pouches are in the way of a proper 5 step draw stroke.
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#23]

<snip>

I'm open to any suggestions y'all might have, I love constructive criticism. Makes me better in the long run.

Let me start by saying if you're not actually .Mil, knock that shit off right now because there's a lot of us that can smell bullshit from a mile away. I'm only saying that because you're new here and it seems the "cool" thing is to buy a bunch of battlerattle and then claim "I'm Military" on the 'net. Don't get your chonies in a knot, just seems to be a lot of posers on here lately.

Now that that's out of the way, lets get down to the Nitty Gritty. First off, since you're a lefty (as am I), why in Sam Hell do you have that monstrosity of a pouch impeding the drawstroke of your secondary weapon?? I don't know what you've got in those pouches, but you sure as fuck want to limit the amount of crap in the way of your "Holy Shit the BG's right in front of me and I gotta get my secondary out" drawstroke. Along those lines, why the hell do you have a pouch right above your holster??? I mean seriously, get out of your basement, get to some real Shoot 'n Scoot training, and see how hard that setup fails. I'd give it about five seconds after your primary goes down before it fails and you then understand my concern.

Secondly, get those damn primary mags in the center of your damn carrier. Unless you're Go-Go Gadget left arm can reach it, move that shit. If your left right arm/hand becomes disabled, your goose is as cooked. Mags and other necessity gear goes (IFAK, Admin pouch, secondary/ terciary pistol ) in the center of your chest, other gear / crap goes towards the sides.

After that, when you've got your primary mags in the center of your chest, put your secondary mags next to 'em on your right. The other option is something that allows the secondary mags to be kangaroo'd onto the primary mag pouch (HSGI Taco's come to mind).

Fourth, and not last, why would you put that BM knife between two of your secondary mags??? I'm not understanding that one bit. I want my fixed blade knife on my strong (left) side because that's the hand that's going to be grabbin', slicin', and dicin' when the SHTF. If you're carrying it that way in the event some Hadj/ BadGuy goes for a gun grab (not likely since you're claiming to be .Mil), then there's better options as far as knives go for that role.

And last, for know because I've got to get back to studying, I hope to god that's not the holster you plan on carrying in whatever obscure neck of the woods you're getting "deployed" to. Not only is the Serpa one of the worst to have (unless it's on your chest for various reasons), the way that you have it mounted and the fore-end straps aren't even secured to anything remotely well enough to take the weight of a secondary weapon, is going to bite you in the ass.

Sorry to be so blunt, but it's kinda one of those thorns in my side for someone who's .Mil to have their gear setup in such an assinine (sic I'm sure) way. Again, I hope you're GTG on the whole Military thing and if so for your Service. If not... well that's on you.

-SleeperShooter

ETA: Couple 'o spelling corrections & typo's to fix.

Hey I just meant "looks good"

Link Posted: 3/23/2011 11:25:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Mag pouches in the front blow if you're a driver or gunner. Not all mag's need to go in the front. My .02 cents.
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 4:20:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Not sure about your unit, but our outgoing 1st Sgt. officially said an emphatic, "no," to MultiCam.  I believe his exact words were, "I don't wanna see any of you assholes wearing that shit anymore."  Granted, I'm with a POG reserve unit and there is likely a degree of small unit leader discretion, but I do believe the camo pattern is a no-go.  I'm also all but sure there's a MARADMIN that super duper frowny faces the wearing of any armor system that's not an issued MTV or SPC in-country.
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Were you actually planning on firing a weapon in a cave...? Little thing called ricochet
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Who Re you with in AZ?  I was stationed in Yuma, love it and lots of places/things to shoot out in the foothills.  

Ya if your in the Marines and are not MARSOC or someone special only an MTV or SPC with issued plates is authorized to be worn.  Talk to your higher ups but I highly doubt you'll be able to wear the PC, pouches are ok and if they really bitch just spray paint them tan.
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm with mals-13. I know they don't care about the pouches so much. Like I said before, I got the pc in a trade, so I'm trying to swap for a coyote one. TT being pretty cool about it. Our command doesn't care much as long as the gear isn't too outrageously different. So it should fly just fine, and like I've said a couple times, it's not like I can't just fold it up and stuff it in a seabag if they say no. As for marsoc, I've seen a couple pictures of guys in multicam carriers. I tried out for marsoc once, last year, and got dropped (my swim sucked :p ) so after this float I'm going to try A&S again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 1:43:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Custom SPEAR panel carrier made by the fine folks at Tactical Tailor(you will notice I am a TT whore). Under that is an Eagle PC with the cummerbund modified to accept USGI ESAPI side plates.

My TT MAV that has been with me since the start of 04 and has survived 3 deployments to the box and its new buddy the Eagle Yote.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BD1a:
Custom SPEAR panel carrier made by the fine folks at Tactical Tailor(you will notice I am a TT whore). Under that is an Eagle PC with the cummerbund modified to accept USGI ESAPI side plates.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5306/5560502918_0bc00fc88a_b.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5091/5560504434_7def69d752_b.jpg

My TT MAV that has been with me since the start of 04 and has survived 3 deployments to the box and its new buddy the Eagle Yote.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5064/5559931131_48fa3eef05_b.jpg

What do you think of the Yote?  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By XCoastie:

What do you think of the Yote?  Thanks

Love it. It wont replace an assault pack and the pack itself is heavier than you would expect but it is great for short missions which require a lot of small gear or optics. The way I have it set up, it can come off of my kit in about 2 minutes if I decide that I dont need it or need a bigger bag or ruck. Great piece of gear, but again its a little heavier than I would expect.
Link Posted: 3/27/2011 6:29:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: steve-oh] [#32]
Help me I can't figure out automatic timer!

Issue multicams
Kayland boots
Peltor Comtac IIs.
HSGI warlord jimmy-rigged to the issue plate carrier
IFAK and ATS admin pouch on warlord. Admin pouch holds SOG multitool, spare 123 batteries, Surefire G6, candy (nom nom nom) or seeds, SOG knife, Slip2000, collapsed cleaning rod and chem lights. IFAK holds... well, IFAK stuff.
ATS war belt with double shingle, blue force gear tourniquet now! and some other small pouch from skd. It holds another knife, flashlight, lighter, and bandage. Idea being the war belt will be my putting around the FOB wear for when I don't want to put on the warlord. I'll still have 90 rounds and essential first aid gear on me.
The one piece ACH front pad is money, try it.
Also, Oakley jury's are some bad ass sunglasses. Try them and look down on all other sunglasses for the rest of forever.
And smartwools socks underneath the Kaylands. I've worn other socks but I keep going back to smartwools. Superfeet green or black insoles for my flat-as-day-old beer feet.

Warlord attaches directly to the plate carrier via 4 buckles, each with two strands of gutted 550 and two end of the line bowlines. The way it's rigged the plate carrier still retains it's quick release ability which is apparently required. Inside the warlord I've got a few more chemlights, a pocket Pashto thing of phrases, gum, and other accountability lists.

I like the warlord and how it's rigged for a few other reasons. Namely, it's a lot better than the crappy issue panel, and it sits higher on me than the issue panel. So instead of having magazines on my gut, they are on my burley chest. I can get lower to the ground, and also access the mags easier in the prone.

There you have it.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2011 7:56:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By steve-oh:
Help me I can't figure out automatic timer!
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j6/steve__oh/DSC00214.jpg

Issue multicams
Kayland boots
Peltor Comtac IIs.
HSGI warlord jimmy-rigged to the issue plate carrier
IFAK and ATS admin pouch on warlord. Admin pouch holds SOG multitool, spare 123 batteries, Surefire G6, candy (nom nom nom) or seeds, SOG knife, Slip2000, collapsed cleaning rod and chem lights. IFAK holds... well, IFAK stuff.
ATS war belt with double shingle, blue force gear tourniquet now! and some other small pouch from skd. It holds another knife, flashlight, lighter, and bandage. Idea being the war belt will be my putting around the FOB wear for when I don't want to put on the warlord. I'll still have 90 rounds and essential first aid gear on me.
The one piece ACH front pad is money, try it.
Also, Oakley jury's are some bad ass sunglasses. Try them and look down on all other sunglasses for the rest of forever.
And smartwools socks underneath the Kaylands. I've worn other socks but I keep going back to smartwools. Superfeet green or black insoles for my flat-as-day-old beer feet.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j6/steve__oh/DSC00216.jpg
Warlord attaches directly to the plate carrier via 4 buckles, each with two strands of gutted 550 and two end of the line bowlines. The way it's rigged the plate carrier still retains it's quick release ability which is apparently required. Inside the warlord I've got a few more chemlights, a pocket Pashto thing of phrases, gum, and other accountability lists.

I like the warlord and how it's rigged for a few other reasons. Namely, it's a lot better than the crappy issue panel, and it sits higher on me than the issue panel. So instead of having magazines on my gut, they are on my burley chest. I can get lower to the ground, and also access the mags easier in the prone.

There you have it.  

Nice!

Now, make sure you stay safe over there.

And thank you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2011 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#34]
looking at your chest rig and really like it. You said, 'OSOE made a custom harness...' Who is OSOE? Have you seen anything readily available out there that is similiar? i like th padded shoulder harness and really can't find anything out there with that.

Primary use would be shtf and bug out to grab and go.

Thanks!
Mitch
Link Posted: 3/27/2011 11:55:43 PM EDT
[#35]
OSOE = Original Special Operations Equipment
Link Posted: 3/29/2011 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#36]

Who did the side plate mods?
Link Posted: 3/29/2011 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Who did the side plate mods?

Tactical Tailor again. I live literally a stones throw away. When they first handed the vest back to me I was like but when I got it home and put the plates in, it was a PERFECT fit. Could not be happier with their work
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 12:40:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy87] [#38]
What I have so far

US Grunt Gear Infidel War belt with double AR/pistol mags pouch
US Grunt Gear Quick Reaction Chest Rig, 3 AR mags

About to grab a Safariland 6365 for my PX4 45ACP

Need a rail-mounted sling mount for my padded VTAC sling.. any suggestions?  It's not a QD clip-style, or whatever they are referred to as.

Then I'll shoot the shit out of that setup, and modify as needed.  Don't think I'll throw any more mag pouches on, maybe another single pistol mag pouch on the chest rig.  Don't have any medical training, so no med pouch, no knife (yet?), and any other gear I grab I'm sure I won't know how to use, so I'm keeping it as bare and simple as possible until I get more training and get comfortable with it.  Then I'll add as-needed.

Definitely open to any advice/criticism.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#39]
exciting, huh?

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 11:25:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Looks like my range vest hahah
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 7:33:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bizzarolibe] [#42]

HSGI drop-leg for Glock 19 w/ Streamlight TLR-1
HSGI Weesatch
MSA ACH helmet
Spikes middy w/SAR rail
Gerber LMF-II knife

It's a work in progress...next up, belt setup.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm relatively new and on my first AR, although the black rifle disease is starting to take root in my veins. Anywho, I've spent a few days admiring the tactical, or tacticool, rigs of all the users. I figured I'd post mine as well. This isn't as tops as the super small, minimalistic chest rig, but it is where I'm starting. Rifle, rig, back up, training, and killer attack cat. Oh, and what the locals call, liquid courage. Not quite as effective as the African cocktail.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/b136624/IMAG0110.jpg
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 12:52:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Ok updated now that I've finally received my mag pouches and FAK. I call it: LAMP. Lightweight Armor, Multi-Platform. I love LAMP. (It's a joke people, :hattrick: ...)

Click for bigger pics.
http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/DSCF0002.jpghttp://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/DSCF0007.jpghttp://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/DSCF0010.jpg
<a href="http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/DSCF0006.jpg" target="_blank">http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/th_DSCF0006.jpg</a><a href="http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/DSCF0009.jpg" target="_blank">http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/th_DSCF0009.jpg</a><a href="http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/DSCF0014.jpg" target="_blank">http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/th_DSCF0014.jpg</a><a href="http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/DSCF0016.jpg" target="_blank">http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/th_DSCF0016.jpg</a><a href="http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/DSCF0018.jpg" target="_blank">http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/th_DSCF0018.jpg</a><a href="http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/DSCF0019.jpg" target="_blank">http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/th_DSCF0019.jpg</a><a href="http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/DSCF0020.jpg" target="_blank">http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/TRS_Raziel/Arsenal/Update/th_DSCF0020.jpg</a>

very nice. FWIW i do hope you can use it, thats a sweet setup.

Link Posted: 4/1/2011 3:32:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By b136624:
I'm relatively new and on my first AR, although the black rifle disease is starting to take root in my veins. Anywho, I've spent a few days admiring the tactical, or tacticool, rigs of all the users. I figured I'd post mine as well. This isn't as tops as the super small, minimalistic chest rig, but it is where I'm starting. Rifle, rig, back up, training, and killer attack cat. Oh, and what the locals call, liquid courage. Not quite as effective as the African cocktail.

Dude, you have the fattest fucking cat I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 5:27:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: timpryor] [#46]
My mall ninja/rifle class setup, still need to order cummerbund soft armor for the pig

Level IV stand alone plates with IIIIA backers

if I go to a pistol class I'll change out the rifle pouches for pistol pouches

Link Posted: 4/1/2011 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By timpryor:

My mall ninja/rifle class setup, still need to order cummerbund soft armor for the pig

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w354/timpryor97SVT/IMAG0036.jpg

I like it.  I love my Pig, it likes to eat doube decker tacos.  I'm cool with that.

Link Posted: 4/1/2011 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By CARarick:
Originally Posted By b136624:

Dude, you have the fattest fucking cat I've ever seen.

He's not fat. He's big boned.
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By EightySecond:

Originally Posted By timpryor:

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w354/timpryor97SVT/IMAG0036.jpg

I like it.  I love my Pig, it likes to eat doube decker tacos.  I'm cool with that.

What the hell is up with that??? My PIC loves Double Decker Tacos too.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Mine too

Page / 162
Top Top