Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2024 2:16:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567]
After watching the original Navy SEALs movie with Charlie Sheen back in the early 90's, I've always wanted one of these.  But I don't have the money for the real deal, so I'm going the Poors route on one using an AP5.  

If anyone is interested in building one on the cheaper side, here's some info:

HKBryce sells the handguard adaptor and where to get the handguard.

BL-SD Handguard Adapter

These just use the can of your choice with tri-lug mount.  I think the Omega 9K looks the best.  

KroBros has some discount codes in the video and discuss the build:

Build Your Dream: HK MP5 SD Budget Build Guide

Shown with an Omega 9K with tri-lug mount**:

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought an adapter from hkbryce.
Fits perfectly on my ap5 with an omega 9k and a German hk handguard.
Very happy with it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Kind of cool.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:32:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Firehawk-jb:
I bought an adapter from hkbryce.
Fits perfectly on my ap5 with an omega 9k and a German hk handguard.
Very happy with it.
View Quote

I ordered mine but it’ll be a bit.  Any pics to hold me over?  Thats the same setup I’ll do.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#4]
That is slick. Everyone deserves some SD swag in their life.

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had one of both types of SD for years.  I never shoot my 'real' SD (with real HK silencer).  I much prefer the 3lug with trident.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 11:20:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MidwestJ] [#6]
Originally Posted By dump1567:
After watching the original Navy SEALs movie with Charlie Sheen back in the early 90's, I've always wanted one of these.  But I don't have the money for the real deal, so I'm going the Poors route on one using an AP5.  

If anyone is interested in building one on the cheaper side, here's some info:

HKBryce sells the handguard adaptor and where to get the handguard.

BL-SD Handguard Adapter

These just use the can of your choice with tri-lug mount.  I think the Omega 9K looks the best.  

KroBros has some discount codes in the video and discuss the build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tChskiCYB2Y

Shown with an Omega 9K with tri-lug mount**:

https://hkbryce.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/omega-9k.jpg

View Quote

Oh my
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 11:52:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got one myself.  I love it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#8]
This is a really clever idea; fills a gap in the market and lets people use a bunch of gear they already have.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 6:39:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Firehawk-jb] [#9]

This is with an Omega 9k on a trilug mount

And with an A2 stock
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#10]

This is really cool and looks really good with the Omega 9K.  I have a Rugged Obsidian 9 which I don’t think will look right on it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I pretty much have to get one, to go with this that I found when I was going through my mag stash:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Finished up mine yesterday.  I like it!
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#14]
At the risk of sounding incredibly cheap, I'm curious if a GSG MP5SD handguard rubber cover section would work if removed from the GSG  handguard base. Hmmm.  I have one somewhere in my collection.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Had no idea these existed.

Just ordered the adapter from HK Bryce and the HG from Broad River Tactical.

Heads up, the adapter was $77 last night, today it’s on sale for $60.

Get after it, fellas.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:48:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnprPSG1] [#16]
Mine with an SWR Trident does not look as good as y'all's or as good as Eyegun's with his SWR Trident.

You can see the 3 lug attachment it looks longer than all the others

I like both pieces from HK Bryce and Broad River, they are Great! But mine Does Not look like an Mp5SD due too the suppressor being too long     ........... Guess I need a new suppressor, What a Shame  

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:17:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SnprPSG1] [#17]
Any recommendations for a new suppressor that will give more of an Mp5SD Look?? My SWR Trident is too long

I was looking at the B&T SQD Suppressor.

Thoughts??
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SnprPSG1:
Any recommendations for a new suppressor that will give more of an Mp5SD Look?? My SWR Trident is too long

I was looking at the B&T SQD Suppressor.

Thoughts??
View Quote

Is the Omega 9K no longer available?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:59:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Lee_Ho_Fooks:

Is the Omega 9K no longer available?
View Quote

I will have to look for that one....... Thanks
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:24:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#20]
Originally Posted By SnprPSG1:

I will have to look for that one....... Thanks
View Quote

Here's some.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/817272016857

I ordered mine from Family Firearms for $503 (currently OOS).  Still waiting for the Form 3 approval for it to get shipped to my FFL.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:03:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnprPSG1] [#21]
Ordered a SlencerCo Omega9k & 3 lug adapter today to get my Poor Mans SD look  

Thanks for all the info y'all

E-Form 4 submitted Friday afternoon - 4/19/2024

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#22]
After a long 15 day wait for my Form 4 approval, I got my R9 today.  Still waiting on my Form 3 transfer of my Omega.  The R9 will be the place holder until it comes in.  Maybe I need to watch Navy SEALs this weekend.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:28:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GrimesSU] [#23]
For those that don't want to deal with a NFA suppressor?  Unfortunately not a lot of options out there for dummy trilug suppressors or trilug flash cans that look good. Almost all won't work for the look.

Then I came across the 'In Lead We Trust' 9mm flash cans. He makes them in the correct 1.5" diameter and they are smooth. Get the '4 3/4" 1.5 OD with 1.5" OD Base' version.  A little pricey at $95, but it looks perfect.

DISCLAIMER: If you get the ILWT flash can, you will have to machine off a little of the face flat, or bevel the edge as it will hit the cocking tube cap before it can twist to lock. Doesn't take much, but he didn't make them with the MP5 in mind.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#24]
In the early 80's I owned a factory MP5SD and a Qualified manufacturing SD. They were both horribly gassy. To the point I traded the DS for a DS Sterling L34A1. It was so much better to shoot. I ended up with 3 Sterlings total. 2 L2A3's and the L34A1. Man, I wish I'd kept those. I recently broke down and bought a used PTR9 at a great deal. Tried it with several suppressors and it is 100% better to shoot. Maybe it's the newer powders or maybe it's the lack of a ported barrel, but I love it. I already have my HKBryce MP5 SD adapter, and my handguard should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to get it all put together and my SBR paperwork to clear.

I recently sold my Sig MPXK, as it was just not what I wanted, but still have an SBR Colt clone, using true RO635 top end, and a KP9. Not very useful, or something I'd grab in an emergency, but lots of fun shooting.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:41:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#25]
Another week, another can approval.  Did this one last Tuesday.  Approved today.  Individual E-Form 4 with E-Prints.  Omega 9k.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#26]
this is Too Kewl

Just ordered the parts and will be buying an Omega 9 with tri lug adapter ASAP

This is my Holy Grail ever since I fired a Real MP5 SD at Ft Bragg back in the early 90's.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:00:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Is a wolfman too fat to fit underneath?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Okay, I’m in.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:
Is a wolfman too fat to fit underneath?
View Quote

It says on their product page, under " Bring your own suppressor "

"...you may connect any suppressor you already own with a diameter up to 40 mm..."

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Another week, another can approval.  Did this one last Tuesday.  Approved today.  Individual E-Form 4 with E-Prints.  Omega 9k.

https://i.imgur.com/hnRuLxT.jpg
View Quote

The 9k on there looks just right.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#31]
OK someone walk me through this like I am a 52 year old

I ordered the HG and the mount by following the links.

I am in the process of getting the Omega 9k at my LGS.  Hopefully it will go smooth like it has for everyone else lately and not take 4 months like my other suppressors did.

What do I need to purchase in addition to what comes in the box with the Omega 9?

Also, while I am asking, what else do I need to purchase to use the Omega 9 on a pistol?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:27:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tanren37] [#32]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:

I am in the process of getting the Omega 9k at my LGS.  Hopefully it will go smooth like it has for everyone else lately and not take 4 months like my other suppressors did.

What do I need to purchase in addition to what comes in the box with the Omega 9?

Also, while I am asking, what else do I need to purchase to use the Omega 9 on a pistol?

Thanks in advance
View Quote

You could get a 1/2" DT adapter, but IMO, it looks goofey on the standard MP5; there's too much gap with the barrel's tri lug.

I'd suggest a "flush" or low profile tri lug mount.  I have a Rugged, locks up tight, no wobble and sits low.

Here is SiCo's new vs. old mount.  The old creates that same gap look as using a DT, I think it looks like shit, but probably sounds a little better?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#33]
In a world of compromise........
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#34]

Thanks in advance
View Quote

You need the tri-lug adaptor in 9mm.  Can't help you on the pistol parts.

3-LUG MOUNT

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#35]

You need the tri-lug adaptor in 9mm.  Can't help you on the pistol parts.

3-LUG MOUNT

View Quote

Backordered on the site, but found one on GB for $106 shipped

I should be in business very soon.  I'll hopefully have the Omega by the time everything else ships.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:41:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mah827] [#36]

Thanks in advance
View Quote

For a pistol you would need a piston and spring. Which piston will depend on the thread size and pitch of the pistol you plan to use it on. What pistol do you plan to use?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vpajefgpV6Q
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By mah827:

For a pistol you would need a piston and spring. Which piston will depend on the thread size and pitch of the pistol you plan to use it on. What pistol do you plan to use?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vpajefgpV6Q
View Quote

I have a 92FS with a threaded and a Glock 9mm with threaded barrel I would like to use it on those as well.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#38]

I have a 92FS with a threaded and a Glock 9mm with threaded barrel I would like to use it on those as well.
View Quote

The video link I posted shows everything that comes in the box. You need to find out the thread pitch of your barrels. I’m guessing most likely the 1/2 x 28. If I recall correctly the 92fs is a fixed barrel. If so you normally replace the piston spring with a fixed barrel spacer.
Link Posted: Today 4:25:28 AM EDT
[#39]

The video link I posted shows everything that comes in the box. You need to find out the thread pitch of your barrels. I'm guessing most likely the 1/2 x 28. If I recall correctly the 92fs is a fixed barrel. If so you normally replace the piston spring with a fixed barrel spacer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The video link I posted shows everything that comes in the box. You need to find out the thread pitch of your barrels. I'm guessing most likely the 1/2 x 28. If I recall correctly the 92fs is a fixed barrel. If so you normally replace the piston spring with a fixed barrel spacer.
Not correct.  Beretta 92 series barrels move and use a falling locking block.  The don't tilt like a Browning mechanism but move straight back.  They are more tolerable on having some weight.  I say around 6oz which is what my old Gemtech Trinity and the Vortex 9 weigh.  Those cans work on a Beretta without a booster which you will need for the Glock.  
Here is a thread discussing some of this.  https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Suppressing-a-Beretta-92-fixed-mount-or-piston-with-spring-/20-499122/
Plenty of threads out there if you look on this subject.  My take is that is quieter and more pleasant to run a Beretta 92 withOUT a booster.  Think about it, you have a platform that can work with a 6oz can so what happens when you add a booster?  It is going to throw more crap back in your face and it will unlock faster.  Running without a booster also means you don't have a clean a booster either.
The issue is today, most cans are built for multi-purpose and are too heavy to work on a Beretta.  
Ecco makes some superlight cans that will work on a Beretta but they are sealed so you can't service them by disassembly.
Link Posted: Today 5:22:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Eyegun:
I've had one of both types of SD for years.  I never shoot my 'real' SD (with real HK silencer).  I much prefer the 3lug with trident.  

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/dd74/eyegun/IMG_0280_zpsqessrvlj.jpg
View Quote

Them is purdy!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top