Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sajer:

Agreed
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
Coyote all the things . Brown blends in with basically everything.

Agreed

+ 87
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Multi-Multicam is the best color.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:30:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Agreed
View Quote

Agreed
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:14:55 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

Same color as khaki pants, Carhartt jackets, and doesn't stand out either on top or underneath a lot of other colors. It's not my favorite but it is a really good choice and what I'm rocking.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I must be the only weirdo that wants to see gear in Finnish M04 and M05 patterns.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#6]

More detail on how you have the bleeder pouch attached???
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MoparMike:
I must be the only weirdo that wants to see gear in Finnish M04 and M05 patterns.
View Quote

You are not...  Either M04 or Tropentarn please!  
I had about $500 of M04 in my cart the last time I ordered from Varusteleka, but had to cut it down to just some good wool stuff and choco-kiola.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

I would have to find someone experienced in dyeing things.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mPisi:

I had about $500 of M04 in my cart the last time I ordered from Varusteleka, but had to cut it down to just some good wool stuff and choco-kiola.
View All Quotes

Flektarn is for my area according to that camo map, but I never see that either. Multi cam is best for a place with very low population density. But GWOT style is in right now
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RuKuS:

More detail on how you have the bleeder pouch attached???
View Quote

@RuKuS
They offer the bleeder in molle or horizontal belt mount configurations. All I had to do was detach that side of the cummerbund and slide it on.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By armoredman:

I would have to find someone experienced in dyeing things.
View Quote

The abu camo blends decent when it’s dirty with mud.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:35:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#12]
All the talk of people using BFG Ten Speed M4 pouches for smartphones (back when smartphones would actually fit in them), got me thinking.

Thinking about 7.62 mag pouches...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Phone is a Pixel 3XL

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I'm thinking this might be a good location as I typically don't take hard hits on that part of the cummerbund. Also, the TQ creates a little standoff space if I were to roll over in the prone position.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#13]
What’s a decent quality pouch for a Baofeng Uv5R that won’t break the bank. I have a POS 5.11 one from Amazon and it’s swimming in it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
All the talk of people using BFG Ten Speed M4 pouches for smartphones (back when smartphones would actually fit in them), got me thinking.

Thinking about 7.62 mag pouches...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210127_222056986__1__jpg-1799800.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210127_222056986_jpg-1799801.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210127_235404341_jpg-1799804.JPG

Phone is a Pixel 3XL

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/340c0011-6512-41d8-bf7c-87e0020a5240__1_-1799805.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210128_000046741_jpg-1799813.JPG

I'm thinking this might be a good location as I typically don't take hard hits on that part of the cummerbund. Also, the TQ creates a little standoff space if I were to roll over in the prone position.
View Quote

Yeah I do the same thing--you can see it on my PC setup a few posts up.  Great minds and all...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By LFC2112:
What’s a decent quality pouch for a Baofeng Uv5R that won’t break the bank. I have a POS 5.11 one from Amazon and it’s swimming in it.
View Quote

Tactical tailor makes a couple, but I think they may only accommodate the radio with the extended battery. They've also been backordered for over two months, ask me how I know
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:13:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#16]
View Quote

This one from Beez:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

and this one from Tactical Tailor. Check OPTactical's website to see if it is in stock.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:49:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi] [#17]
Originally Posted By clausewitz8:

Flektarn is for my area according to that camo map, but I never see that either. Multi cam is best for a place with very low population density. But GWOT style is in right now
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By clausewitz8:

Desert stuff that still has some green in it is pretty good for central and west Texas.  I could see TN being a lot greener.  Tropentarn is a little light for my area so I liked the M04 since it was a bit greener.

BTW Source Tactical still has their hydration bladders on cheap clearance in Flektarn or Tropentarn.

I always do want a good camo that's not "military".  Until 2002 or so that WAS Multicam. It's nice to have all the military-aimed gear around in Multicam, but I do miss the exclusivity a little.  I have a bunch of Rhodie stuff but it's gotten too high profile lately too.  So these days I'm trying to find stuff in PennCott Badlands or increasingly DevilDog pattern.

Person looking for radio pouches, this thread had a good list:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Baofeng-owners-I-found-your-pouch--and-your-amplified-PTT-/5-2316584/
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:43:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Person looking for radio pouches, this thread had a good list:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Baofeng-owners-I-found-your-pouch--and-your-amplified-PTT-/5-2316584/
View Quote

Wow! Thank you so much.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CapsFan:

Agreed

Agreed
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/348420/DDFECEA2-6D62-4F61-BA36-69E34FDF91CE_jpe-1698059.JPG

Looks good!

You ever go for a ruck with it on?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Desert stuff that still has some green in it is pretty good for central and west Texas.  I could see TN being a lot greener.  Tropentarn is a little light for my area so I liked the M04 since it was a bit greener.

BTW Source Tactical still has their hydration bladders on cheap clearance in Flektarn or Tropentarn.

View Quote

Links?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:

Links?
View All Quotes

Links?

Straight from Israel https://sourcetacticalgear.com/product/tactical/  $63 with bladder
This might be the only one with Flektarn options now, they used to have the smaller ones too.  It has a pattern selector that has the Flektarn options but it doesn't seem to work.  But basically they were clearancing out this German stuff for pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#22]
My first steps in the pc world.

(I soooo wanted the green vest...but it was sold out )
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I feel like an idiot here, but Ive never done much with plate carriers before. I have a SKD PIG carrier and I put some Esstac midlength AR pouches on the front. The PIG is split down the front middle, with each half front flap folding down over the ends of the cummerbund. Everything is held in place with velcro. Flaps, cummerbund, etc.

The mag pouches are retaining so well that before the mags come out, it's unhooking the velcro on the flaps and the flaps are coming partially undone.

Am I making sense?  Is there an easy obvious fix for this?

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Zirak:
I feel like an idiot here, but Ive never done much with plate carriers before. I have a SKD PIG carrier and I put some Esstac midlength AR pouches on the front. The PIG is split down the front middle, with each half front flap folding down over the ends of the cummerbund. Everything is held in place with velcro. Flaps, cummerbund, etc.

The mag pouches are retaining so well that before the mags come out, it's unhooking the velcro on the flaps and the flaps are coming partially undone.

View Quote

Pics might help. It sounds like the flap velcro is worn out; if that's the case I'd tie em down or cut them off and get an AXL-type adapter.
If you can go without it for a while I'd look at getting the velcro replaced on those flaps.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#25]
What are the best ways of carrying an M7 or M9 bayonet with full tactical loadout? I picture a lot of the time I'll spend loaded up seated in a vehicle, and I'm not willing to go to a more compact knife, as I think bayonet capability will be crucial.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

The best way is to not.

What is your envisioned use case that dictated the need of a bayonet?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:
What are the best ways of carrying an M7 or M9 bayonet with full tactical loadout? I picture a lot of the time I'll spend loaded up seated in a vehicle, and I'm not willing to go to a more compact knife, as I think bayonet capability will be crucial.

The best way is to not.

What is your envisioned use case that dictated the need of a bayonet?

Crowd control. I think there is a laundry list of reasons I might want to be able to hurt a man, and have him understand that I can hurt him, without shooting at him.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:23:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TacticalGarand44] [#28]
I'm more than happy to discuss whether or not carrying a bayonet is sensible in another thread, but here I'd rather just talk about ways to carry it that don't get in the way excessively.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By northcoastwizard:
Pics might help. It sounds like the flap velcro is worn out; if that's the case I'd tie em down or cut them off and get an AXL-type adapter.
If you can go without it for a while I'd look at getting the velcro replaced on those flaps.
View Quote

Velcro shouldn't be worn out; I bought it new a couple years ago and it's basically sat in a box since then.

Flap open on one side.

Cummerbund velcroed in. I did notice that if I slide the cummerbund to the right (from this perspective) by an inch or two so I'm not wasting flap velcro on molle, the issue gets a good bit better (which makes sense) but I don't think it goes away entirely. And then my cummerbund is loose.

Flap closed.

Trying to remove mag; here's the issue: velcro coming undone. Also, hanging off the bottom right, you can see a webbing strap with a snap on it that will help secure the outer corners if needed (which doesn't help the inner corner, obviously).

I can think of *maybe* two three things to adjust:
1) buy a slick side elastic cummerbund. They look like they have appropriate velcro to make this work and still stay snug, but then I lose the side molle (not that I'm using it right now, anyway).
2) raise the pouches up a row of molle so they have less "leverage", if that makes sense. Is this likely to work?
3) go back to Esstac and buy a three or four mag pouch (instead of the two + one I have) so as to spread the load more when pulling mags. Per their webpage they don't like doing returns . This is what I get for trying to be smart and making use of the split flap to make it easier to put on and take off.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:34:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: northcoastwizard] [#30]
Ok now I smell what you're cooking. I'm not familiar with this PC but the velcro just needs more surface area to secure to up front.
If you have some loop side velcro laying around, you could weave some into the part underneath the flap for this purpose as a quick fix.
That's what I'd do before replacing anything.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm more than happy to discuss whether or not carrying a bayonet is sensible in another thread, but here I'd rather just talk about ways to carry it that don't get in the way excessively.
View Quote

Dangling off your belt.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 12:06:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Zirak:

View Quote

Kywi pouches can be a bit tight when they're new, especially with Pmags. You can leave a mag in the pouches for a while to help the nylon stretch and the kydex to re-shape a bit; leaving it in a hot car can help with that. The more extreme option is to use a heat gun to gently reshape the kydex to lower retention slightly.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#33]

Crowd control. I think there is a laundry list of reasons I might want to be able to hurt a man, and have him understand that I can hurt him, without shooting at him.
View Quote

Start a thread to discuss it then.

But I think that even though your thought process has good intentions, it's flawed. Bayonetting someone and shooting someone are both lethal or deadly force. IMO if you're going to cross that threshhold, why do it with an inferior weapon? Also, who isn't going to take you seriously with a rifle in your hands, but suddenly going to take you seriously when that rifle has a bayonet attached to it?
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By vjf915:

But I think that even though your thought process has good intentions, it's flawed. Bayonetting someone and shooting someone are both lethal or deadly force. IMO if you're going to cross that threshhold, why do it with an inferior weapon? Also, who isn't going to take you seriously with a rifle in your hands, but suddenly going to take you seriously when that rifle has a bayonet attached to it?
View All Quotes

I've started threads about bayonets before, and participated heavily in others. I don't want to clutter up a tech thread talking about the why, I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions on the how.

It's a fairly long thing to have hanging from my belt. From the times I've tried getting in and out of my truck with it there, it gets in the way a lot, or I end up sitting on it. I wanted to know if there are any good options out there to mount one directly to a plate carrier and not leave it dangling.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#35]
A bayonet takes up too much space mounted on a PC.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:47:16 PM EDT
[#36]
I finally pulled the trig on a new PC

First spear STT in the only color available, black camo..

Im pretty excited
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Also, who isn't going to take you seriously with a rifle in your hands, but suddenly going to take you seriously when that rifle has a bayonet attached to it?
View Quote

I'm not sure this is true, the psychological differences have been noted quite a bit.  Interesting to think how the Kyle Ritterhouse(sp?) situation may have been different if he had a bayonet, would the attackers have been so eager to close to contact distance?  I'd much rather have a shooting match than a grappling fight.

Patton had a quote:
I beg leave to remind the {Cavalry} Board that very few people have ever been killed with the bayonet or sabre, but the fear of having their guts explored with cold steel in the hands of battle maddened men has won many a fight.

So anyways, if my rifle or shotgun has a bayonet capability, I want a bayonet available.  But it is a pain in the ass, especially the larger ones like M1905 or old long Enfield ones.  But I don't have plate rigs to go with those rifles, so the bayonet can be attached to the shoulder bag/bandolier and not be too in the way.  For the PC make sure your bayonet replaces the fixed blade knife if you do that.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#38]
A bayonet takes up too much space mounted on a PC.
View Quote

I can make space. Is there a viable mount out there?
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#39]

Dangling off your belt.
View Quote

Concur. My OKC3S is on my belt.

My OKC3S also serves all of the functions of a fixed blade knife; it just happens to also fit on my rifle if I feel like a I need a spear.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#41]

I can make space. Is there a viable mount out there?
View Quote

None that I'm aware of. I've been looking for a good modern sheath for an M7 bayonet for a while. You could probably rig something up with 550 cord, duct tape, and zip ties.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

None that I'm aware of. I've been looking for a good modern sheath for an M7 bayonet for a while. You could probably rig something up with 550 cord, duct tape, and zip ties.
View Quote

There is this thing: https://jasminesmilitaryshop.com/products/molle-ii-k-bar-adapter-dcu-newp/

It will work with the M8A1 scabbard.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I think I'll go with one of those Kabar belt to molle adapters and supplement with heavy zip ties.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#44]
I think I'll go with one of those Kabar belt to molle adapters and supplement with heavy zip ties.
View Quote

Two loops on one-wrap would seem to do the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:07:23 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

I don't know what that means.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Velcro strapping that has many uses.  Just bought a roll so it's on my mind.
Emdom has some examples on their sale page: https://www.emdomusa.com/VELCRO-One-Wrap-p/euvelcroow.htm
I was thinking of two loops like this, one goes around the Molle and one around the sheath.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#47]

Emdom has some examples on their sale page: https://www.emdomusa.com/VELCRO-One-Wrap-p/euvelcroow.htm
I was thinking of two loops like this, one goes around the Molle and one around the sheath.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/EUVELCROOW-14T_jpg-1802748.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/EUVELCROOW-14T_jpg-1802748.JPG

Thanks, that's a good idea.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:50:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By northcoastwizard:
Ok now I smell what you're cooking. I'm not familiar with this PC but the velcro just needs more surface area to secure to up front.
If you have some loop side velcro laying around, you could weave some into the part underneath the flap for this purpose as a quick fix.
That's what I'd do before replacing anything.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/386802/IfwnSOW_jpg-1801463.JPG
View Quote

I've literally got a roll of coyote velcro one-wrap in the other room *specifically* purchased to weave through molle... for battle belts.

And it doesn't occur to me to use it for this. Sometimes I'm a dumbass.

I'll give it a shot.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:56:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LFC2112] [#49]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PFran42:

This one from Beez:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/IMG_0164_JPG-1799907.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/IMG_0163_JPG-1799911.JPG

and this one from Tactical Tailor. Check OPTactical's website to see if it is in stock.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201212_021506540_jpg-1799895.JPG

@PFran42 ended up going w the tactical tailor offering. Maybe this isn’t the right place for it but what are your thoughts on the UV-82 vs the UV5R? I picked up the 82 in addition to the 5r because I found I would accidentally turn on the 5r as the knob is very sensitive
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Molle scabbard on the back? Thats the only thing that would probably allow you to still do your thing with it not getting in the way.
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top