Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 160
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
I ordered a esstac triple ar mag front flap. Wheres the best place to get female buckles?
View Quote

I was about to list an Esstac triple mag placard today when I find it!
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 3:45:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ivan1] [#2]
Originally Posted By Nutro:

I was about to list an Esstac triple mag placard today when I find it!
View Quote

@nutro $? I do have 3 carriers.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#4]

With the magpuls do we leave the dust covers on or off when inserting in the pouches?

I would think take them off but if they are stored for a long time I like to keep the covers on. I want magpul to be my go to but debating lancer or even d&h for this reason.

Just something I thought about I'm setting up my carrier today and already have some Gen 3 mags with Tap ready to go.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got freezer bags full of dust covers.

Don't see the need. Ever.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:
Yea, I just throw them away.
View Quote

This. I have a few lying around but the rest are trash
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
I've got freezer bags full of dust covers.

Don't see the need. Ever.
View Quote

I thought they helped prevent damage to the feed lips for long term storage? I definitely see how they would be a liability in chest rig or carrier though.

I will be rocking TAP in these that I plan on swapping out with training mags and ammo when I train so they might stay loaded for a long time so I was curious.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Usgi mags are better.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#11]
All my loaded mags in ammo cans use the covers.

Ones in go bags, PCs and belts have no covers
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Usgi mags are better.
View Quote

And there's that.

Link Posted: 10/2/2020 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Usgi mags are better.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

thefutureisnowoldman.gif
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Fully loaded USGI mags can have their feed lips bend when dropped on hard surfaces. I’ve never had that issue with PMags.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
Fully loaded USGI mags can have their feed lips bend when dropped on hard surfaces. I’ve never had that issue with PMags.
View Quote

And here's where the thread goes off the rails in typical arf fashion.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Formal military testing agreed with him. Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

I think if theres enough force to bend the feed lips, the magpul isn’t going to be any better.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 1:00:53 AM EDT
[#19]
So I got in two new carriers, a Shellback Banshee and Chase Tactical LOPC. I'm using large ESAPI plates I got from a Ceradyne Rep way back in the day, and on either carrier they are about 1-1.5 inches too long for the retention flap to fully engage the velcro. Since the Chase carrier has the flap engaging inside the plate pocket, I went with it for now.
Attachment Attached File

Canted mag/radio pouch on the left, Esstac double mag kywi, ESEE 3 laced in behind, coyote pouch is a TQ and shears, QD tube adapter, and a GP pouch on the right for gloves, optics, etc. Source Rasor on the back. Weighs in 24lbs w/o water. Damn those old plates are heavy...

I'm not too keen on the mesh cummerbund, but I haven't worn it much yet at all. I'll probably pick up the Chase cummerbund with the sewn in tubes here soon.

I am looking for a pouch to replace the coyote one that I can at least fit some Quick Clot in as well. I only have 2 rows of webbing, so it needs to be narrow, like 3".
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 1:08:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomac] [#20]
Originally Posted By MCR:
So I got in two new carriers, a Shellback Banshee and Chase Tactical LOPC. I'm using large ESAPI plates I got from a Ceradyne Rep way back in the day, and on either carrier they are about 1-1.5 inches too long for the retention flap to fully engage the velcro. Since the Chase carrier has the flap engaging inside the plate pocket, I went with it for now.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/98686/20201003_214310_jpg-1619248.JPG

Canted mag/radio pouch on the left, Esstac double mag kywi, ESEE 3 laced in behind, coyote pouch is a TQ and shears, QD tube adapter, and a GP pouch on the right for gloves, optics, etc. Source Rasor on the back. Weighs in 24lbs w/o water. Damn those old plates are heavy...

I'm not too keen on the mesh cummerbund, but I haven't worn it much yet at all. I'll probably pick up the Chase cummerbund with the sewn in tubes here soon.

I am looking for a pouch to replace the coyote one that I can at least fit some Quick Clot in as well. I only have 2 rows of webbing, so it needs to be narrow, like 3".
View Quote

Black or tan 4" wide acceptable?:
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 1:24:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Tomac,

Thanks, but any wider than 3" will get in the way of the QD. I may just have to settle for a TQ and shears since I have a full IFAK on my belt...
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 1:58:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#22]
Originally Posted By Tomac:

Black or tan 4" wide acceptable?: www.amazon.com/dp/B08BNJHD44

Tomac
View All Quotes
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/98686/20201003_214310_jpg-1619248.JPG

Black or tan 4" wide acceptable?: www.amazon.com/dp/B08BNJHD44

Tomac
Tomac,

Thanks, but any wider than 3" will get in the way of the QD. I may just have to settle for a TQ and shears since I have a full IFAK on my belt...
I got that same pouch and it's a good IFAK pouch. I believe it's only about 3-3.5 inches wide and only uses 2 columns of webbing. If you only have only 2 rows, you can still use the pouch. You just won't have it threaded through as many rows as normal (3). I'll dig out my plate carrier tomorrow and have a look.

I removed the external tourniquet pouch by carefully cutting the threads and slicing off the bottom. It stuck out too far for my tastes with the dedicated TQ pouch, especially where I had it on my plate carrier (I didn't like my arm rubbing on it). I opted instead to put a TQ inside the pouch and I have another one in a mag pouch built into the cummerbund. I removed the tubes quick release adapter on that side of my carrier and was able to move the IFAK closer to the plate pouch though, so now so it wouldn't be as big a deal. I probably still wouldn't like it sticking out that far though. I have the following items in it:

Shears
Quickclot bandage
Israeli bandage
Recon Medical Tourniquet
Chest seals
Heavy duty nitrile gloves

I'm probably forgetting something. I took the extra stuff that came with it and put it in my Camelbak Ambush as part of a secondary IFAK. I also superglued some velcro on it and threw on a subdued first aid patch. For what it's worth, the color is more of a "khaki" and is not coyote brown/tan. I plan to eventually replace it with an ITS Tallboy.

Link Posted: 10/4/2020 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By jkitchen:

With the magpuls do we leave the dust covers on or off when inserting in the pouches?
View Quote

Have you tried it? I tested it out once and almost couldn't get the magazine back out of the pouch.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah. No covers while in mag pouches.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By flpickupman:
Yeah. No covers while in mag pouches.
View Quote

I've been running the same 6 pmags for several years in 2GUN without the covers. Never had an issue.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Alien:
I got that same pouch and it's a good IFAK pouch. I believe it's only about 3-3.5 inches wide and only uses 2 columns of webbing. If you only have only 2 rows, you can still use the pouch. You just won't have it threaded through as many rows as normal (3). I'll dig out my plate carrier tomorrow and have a look.

I removed the external tourniquet pouch by carefully cutting the threads and slicing off the bottom. It stuck out too far for my tastes with the dedicated TQ pouch, especially where I had it on my plate carrier (I didn't like my arm rubbing on it). I opted instead to put a TQ inside the pouch and I have another one in a mag pouch built into the cummerbund. I removed the tubes quick release adapter on that side of my carrier and was able to move the IFAK closer to the plate pouch though, so now so it wouldn't be as big a deal. I probably still wouldn't like it sticking out that far though. I have the following items in it:

Shears
Quickclot bandage
Israeli bandage
Recon Medical Tourniquet
Chest seals
Heavy duty nitrile gloves

I'm probably forgetting something. I took the extra stuff that came with it and put it in my Camelbak Ambush as part of a secondary IFAK. I also superglued some velcro on it and threw on a subdued first aid patch. For what it's worth, the color is more of a "khaki" and is not coyote brown/tan. I plan to eventually replace it with an ITS Tallboy.

https://i.imgur.com/wER4gcH.jpg?1
View Quote

Columns vs. Rows, I should have been more specific. I have 2 columns of 3 rows available. Decided to go this route for now. I do like the rip away feature for med gear. My IFAK on my belt is an ITS tactical pouch with quick stix for a quick grab and go...
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#27]
If you can find room, this is a great pouch.  Takes up about as much space as a mag pouch.  Two webbing channels - 5" tall x 4" wide x 2.5" deep.

https://greyghostgear.com/collections/pouches/products/slim-medical-pouch

Link Posted: 10/4/2020 11:39:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CalGat] [#28]
Anyone else see the new LA Police Gear plate carrier? JPC knock off, probably from China, but a good price for someone on a budget build.

https://lapolicegear.com/search-magic/?query=plate%20carrier

Link Posted: 10/5/2020 12:04:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CalGat:
Anyone else see the new LA Police Gear plate carrier? JPC knock off, probably from China, but a good price for someone on a budget build.

https://lapolicegear.com/search-magic/?query=plate%20carrier

View Quote
Shit that PC costs less than the cummerbund that I just bought. If I had seen that I would've added one to my Lvl III LAPG plate order.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#30]

@AmateurLuthier

I was looking at that one, but several reviews state that it is closer to 7" tall...just curious if you have hands on experience with it. I've got a direct line to GGG, so I may just snag one anyway...
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#31]

@AmateurLuthier

I was looking at that one, but several reviews state that it is closer to 7" tall...just curious if you have hands on experience with it. I've got a direct line to GGG, so I may just snag one anyway...
View Quote

Actually, yes it is taller than 5" (I cut and pasted the dimensions without thinking).  7" is probably about right.  

I am very happy with mine.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 4:21:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomac] [#32]
Wasn't entirely happy w/my previous IFAK setup, it protruded too far off the front of my PC and I didn't feel the TQ was secure enough (not surprising for a radio pouch modded into an IFAK pouch).
After much experimentation, finally located a dedicated med pouch that suits my needs (except for being in black instead of OD ).

When finished, my minimalist PC has a multicurve III+ plate in front and a single-curve III+ plate in rear (both Battle Steel, go be rich somewhere else... )
With two Lancers loaded w/75gr OTM, total weight as shown is 14lbs 13oz.

Tomac

ETA: This pouch isn't available in my preferred OD, any suggestions for changing the pouch's color so there isn't quite so much contrast? (Rit dye? Rattle can? Something else?...) TIA!...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Eagle34:

Stoner01 covered most of it.  The Esstac shingle attaches with ITW Nexus clips and has Velcro on the back.
View Quote

@Eagle34

Not to sound obtuse but I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff. I was able to score a Slickster, plates are on order and the Esstac looks like what I need to hold mags.

I googled ITW Nexus and they seem to have a lot of different products, Is this what your talking about?? Also, when ordering the Esstac do I leave the attachment type as "None"

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By joe_sun:

@Eagle34

Not to sound obtuse but I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff. I was able to score a Slickster, plates are on order and the Esstac looks like what I need to hold mags.

I googled ITW Nexus and they seem to have a lot of different products, Is this what your talking about?? Also, when ordering the Esstac do I leave the attachment type as "None"

Thanks!
View Quote

Where are you seeing an attachment option. The front panel section doesn't show that. If you are ordering individual mag pouches, don't, just order the front panel.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Where are you seeing an attachment option. The front panel section doesn't show that. If you are ordering individual mag pouches, don't, just order the front panel.
View Quote

Oh man, thank you. Yeah I was looking at the wrong thing. This is what I want? I see the buckles and it makes sense now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By joe_sun:

Oh man, thank you. Yeah I was looking at the wrong thing. This is what I want? I see the buckles and it makes sense now.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 12:37:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Wasn't entirely happy w/my previous IFAK setup, it protruded too far off the front of my PC and I didn't feel the TQ was secure enough (not surprising for a radio pouch modded into an IFAK pouch).
After much experimentation, finally located a dedicated med pouch that suits my needs (except for being in black instead of OD ).

When finished, my minimalist PC has a multicurve III+ plate in front and a single-curve III+ plate in rear (both Battle Steel, go be rich somewhere else... )

Tomac

ETA: This pouch isn't available in my preferred OD, any suggestions for changing the pouch's color so there isn't quite so much contrast? (Rit dye? Rattle can? Something else?...) TIA!...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1593/PA050002_JPG-1621447.JPG
View Quote
Just hit it/dust it with some OD rattle can.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Firefighter503:
View All Quotes

Tomac

I’ve spray painted so many black pouches and holsters.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 2:54:38 AM EDT
[#39]
For those of you who snagged the LBX-0300 in Caiman camo: the $30 Amazon tube conversion in Ranger Green is a perfect match.

Also, the mag carriers and blowout bag are available on eBay for $10-$12 each. Haven't messed with the bag but the mag pouches are quality. No hard liner, but they are stiff enough to retain the mag shape when you pull it out. That retention system is quick and secure.

On the tube kit: do it! Makes removing the pc amazingly fast, easy, and at least 987% quieter. If nothing else, grab the amazon kit to make sure you like the system before investing in First Spear.. Cant speak to the longevity of the amazon stuff but the clips appear identical in design and function.

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BigGulp:
For those of you who snagged the LBX-0300 in Caiman camo: the $30 Amazon tube conversion in Ranger Green is a perfect match.

Also, the mag carriers and blowout bag are available on eBay for $10-$12 each. Haven't messed with the bag but the mag pouches are quality. No hard liner, but they are stiff enough to retain the mag shape when you pull it out. That retention system is quick and secure.

On the tube kit: do it! Makes removing the pc amazingly fast, easy, and at least 987% quieter. If nothing else, grab the amazon kit to make sure you like the system before investing in First Spear.. Cant speak to the longevity of the amazon stuff but the clips appear identical in design and function.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158531/Screenshot_20201007-023203_Photo_Editor-1624310.jpg
View Quote

Thank you.

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Are level lll plates gtg for back plate?
Front is level lv.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By dogrobber13:
Are level lll plates gtg for back plate?
Front is level lv.
View Quote

Whatever threat you're protecting for on the front should be worn on your back too.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 8:37:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomac] [#43]
View All Quotes

Tomac

OCD finally paid off! Found an OD IFAK pouch that's functionally superior to any of the other pouches I've tried.
ETA: New total weight as shown is 15lbs even.

Tomac

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Welp. You guys suck

I jumped on a JPC 2.0 MC Arid because I happened upon it and it was in stock...
Then I had to get the front flap
Now I just sprang for a set of 3810's. My current setup has Highcom 4sas7's in it and those suckers are like 8lbs each. A lighter weight carrier will be a great addition.

Now that the major stuff is out of the way (I think), what do I need to round it out? I need an IFAK but I might put that on the belt setup.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 10:31:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#45]
Originally Posted By RJH1911:
Welp. You guys suck

Now I just sprang for a set of 3810's. My current setup has Highcom 4sas7's in it and those suckers are like 8lbs each. A lighter weight carrier will be a great addition.

Now that the major stuff is out of the way (I think), what do I need to round it out? I need an IFAK but I might put that on the belt setup.
View Quote

Comms should be at the top of your list with your IFAK, an extra flashlight, multitool, and mags.

Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Does anyone have a link to the tube conversions mentioned on Amazon? I'm interested in trying them since they sound like they could be on the inexpensive/entry level side.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By RJH1911:
Welp. You guys suck

View Quote

I have my carrier mostly slick aside from a mag in cummerbund - war belt has ifak, extra mags etc. What you need just depends on your intended use. I'd recommend as light, fast, and unencumbered as possible.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:
Does anyone have a link to the tube conversions mentioned on Amazon? I'm interested in trying them since they sound like they could be on the inexpensive/entry level side.
View Quote

Here ya go
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

Here ya go
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

Here ya go

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Q_RANGER_0000011_4_28_08_PM_png-1627951.JPG

I used these to convert my SKD PIG:

https://shop.blazedefensesystems.com/shop/ols/products/bds-qr-tube-attachment-kit?olsFocus=false

More pricey than Amazon, but appear well made & have good reviews.  I haven’t had any issues but also haven’t really done anything major in my carrier.
Page / 160
Top Top