Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2024 8:40:10 PM EDT
Trying to fill one out, but the PDF on the ATF's site only allows me to fill out the ATF portion, I can't fill out my portion or the CLEO portion.

Is this normal, problem with my browser?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Download it and open with Adobe
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Villafuego:
Download it and open with Adobe
View Quote
This, and then when you fill in the first copy, the info will auto-populate onto the other copies.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah you need to actually open it with a desktop version of Acrobat Reader, not in your browser.

If you've got a desktop version installed, right-click the file and select "Open with " then pick the Acrobat app.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#4]
In what case do you fill your own form 4? Form 1 yes but form 4?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 12:04:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AR_Dale:
View Quote
One example would be you're selling an NFA item to someone.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AR_Dale:
View Quote
The most common scenario would be a private individual selling their own (used) NFA item to another person in their own state or, as the first half of an out-of-state transfer, to a FFL in the buyer's state. (In this case, the FFL would then transfer to the private buyer using another F4 with a second $200 tax paid).
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
One example would be you're selling an NFA item to someone.
View Quote

Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
The most common scenario would be a private individual selling their own (used) NFA item to another person in their own state or, as the first half of an out-of-state transfer, to a FFL in the buyer's state. (In this case, the FFL would then transfer to the private buyer using another F4 with a second $200 tax paid).
View Quote

Thanks, didn't think of that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:15:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
View Quote

What about transfer from individual to a trust?  Wouldn’t that apply too?
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:22:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:
What about transfer from individual to a trust?  Wouldn't that apply too?
View Quote
Yes.
Corporations too. I just used person generically.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Still didn't work. I was able to get it elsewhere. This is an in state individual to individual.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top