Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I think if you have an AR and want something different, get one. It is a nice alternative with different mechanisms to learn and improve on. In time, there will be more and more accessories made for it.  All the points pointed out so far of people's preferences can be fixed once an aftermarket piece is made. There are already short barrels being made and a 5lb 2 stage trigger is currently being beta tested. Charging handle replacements and lower full length rails available as well. Nothing is perfect out to f the box anyway. That is why there are so many aftermarket parts for the AR15. Apparently it wasn't perfect out of the box either.  I actually like the higher sights with lower but stock. It allows me to keep my head at a more upright position keeping me from leaning to the sights instead allowing me to bring the sights to my face more naturally. I I'm definitely going to work on this method more and more as I use the AXR.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CFII:
I put a surefire brake on mine, and it helped calm the rifle under recoil. I like the little rifle.

How much can yall move the barrel when you grab it and twist? Mine has a tiny amount of play...
View Quote

That's normal, mine twists about 1/16th or less. > http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=119468
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#4]

I put a surefire brake on mine, and it helped calm the rifle under recoil. I like the little rifle.

How much can yall move the barrel when you grab it and twist? Mine has a tiny amount of play...
View Quote
I have zero movement , I guess that means I am special
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ak47Dennis:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ak47Dennis:

I'm pretty sure that you must have the sniper model.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HardShell:
FYI for those still looking and/or those who want another:  Grab-A-Gun has them listed for $1199 today and it is currently listed as in-stock.  

(Should go without saying, but I have no relationship with or connection to Grab-A-Gun other than having bought from them in the past.)
View Quote

If you had 5 more guns, you could be grab-a-gun!  
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:40:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Is it just me or is the price going up to what it was when it was released.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 12:39:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By whopete89:
Is it just me or is the price going up to what it was when it was released.
View Quote

Could be a by-product of the MD -> TN change if supply has dipped while they get everything moved, but yes, I've noticed they have been trending upwards as of late.

Maybe we will get some new accessories out of the move at least.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't wait for Shot Show to see what they plan to come out with for the ARX.

I'd really like to see an FDE ARX.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 1:39:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#11]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

View Quote

I want an ARX-200, but we're not going into 2021 anytime soon.

As it is, I'd settle for some QD sling attachments for the sling loops & a 7.62x39 conversion kit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

As it is, I'd settle for some QD sling attachments for the sling loops & a 7.62x39 conversion kit.
View All Quotes

I'd like to see all that stuff as well including the long promised .300 blackout, even though I have no particular interest in that caliber.

If I only get to choose one thing it would be an FDE version or QD sling attachment points, it's kind of hard to make up my mind really...
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd like to see them slim the shape of the gun down just a bit
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 7:20:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#14]

I'd like to see all that stuff as well including the long promised .300 blackout, even though I have no particular interest in that caliber.

If I only get to choose one thing it would be an FDE version or QD sling attachment points, it's kind of hard to make up my mind really...
View All Quotes

Well, we already know the Khazaks got it in 7.62x39, so there's that.  Also, the cardboard box that my SBR bbl+case came in had 5.56, 7.62x39, & 300 BO listed on the side with check boxes next to them.  So, I'm fairly certain we'll see kits at some point.  The sling loops have a pretty tight clearance on the receiver, esp at the rear where it bulged out to make room for the ejection selector port, so I don't know if that is a problem.  There are some options out there from Magpul & Blue Force Gear that enable QD mounts to be used in conjunction with the stock hardware configuration.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Well, we already know the Khazaks got it in 7.62x39, so there's that.  Also, the cardboard box that my SBR bbl+case came in had 5.56, 7.62x39, & 300 BO listed on the side with check boxes next to them.  So, I'm fairly certain we'll see kits at some point.  The sling loops have a pretty tight clearance on the receiver, esp at the rear where it bulged out to make room for the ejection selector port, so I don't know if that is a problem.  There are some options out there from Magpul & Blue Force Gear that enable QD mounts to be used in conjunction with the stock hardware configuration.
View All Quotes

I would like to see Impact Weapon Components make some QD sling mounts for the ARX. I'm sure they would do a good job with that kind of project... Probably better than Beretta would.

Of all the noted caliber conversions I'm most interested in the 7.62x39, as long as it takes AK mags like it's supposed to. Would I buy a conversion caliber? I'm not sure that I would, mostly because I'm pretty happy with 5.56 really. The thing I like most about the quick change barrel is the fact that I can pop it out for cleaning without having to work around the receiver. I do like the option of quickly changing calibers though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By cyclone:
View Quote

I think if that were possible it probably would have been done by now since they are already three generations into the design.

With the outer shell being made completely out of polymer it is probably as slim as they could get it without compromising something.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#17]

I think if that were possible it probably would have been done by now since they are already three generations into the design.

With the outer shell being made completely out of polymer it is probably as slim as they could get it without compromising something.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cyclone:

The HG geometry is owed, in part, to heat dissipation.  The (supposedly ceramic coated) steel sleeve & space in the HG region surrounding the bbl. is what allows it to handle sustained happy switch use.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Anybody know if ADCO works on these barrels?
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:45:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Sent mine to Bill Springfield for trigger work.  Don't waste your money.

He advertised 6 lb trigger.  Mine came back at 9 lbs.  Not sure he touched it.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:53:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#21]
Originally Posted By army_eod:

View Quote

Shooting sight is readying production of their 2-stage trigger, & Sierra Pappa has one out now also.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:20:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#22]

Shooting sight is readying production of their a 2-stage trigger, & Sierra Papa has one out now also.
View All Quotes

Shooting sight is readying production of their a 2-stage trigger, & Sierra Papa has one out now also.

I'm pretty on top of all things ARX but I had no clue about any other trigger but the one from Shooting Sight.

Edit: I just did a quick search for the Sierra Papa trigger but didn't see anything.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#23]

I'm pretty on top of all things ARX but I had no clue about any other trigger but the one from Shooting Sight.

Edit: I just did a quick search for the Sierra Papa trigger but didn't see anything.
View All Quotes

Been talked about over at the Beretta forum.  Shooting Sight was sending out protos for testing.  I think I misunderstood a post about Sierra Papa made by Shooting Sight.  Scratch that.  They make stuff for the CX4.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Been talked about over at the Beretta forum.  Shooting Sight was sending out protos for testing.  I think I misunderstood a post about Sierra Papa made by Shooting Sight.  Scratch that.  They make stuff for the CX4.
View All Quotes

Ah, I see... I just wish Geissele would make a trigger for the ARX, if only so I could have Geissele triggers in all of my rifles.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#25]
my local gun store has one...they want $3000 for it.

never understood places charging way above MSRP, and they wonder why I always transferred stuff in instead of buying from them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:48:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By thegoatman:
my local gun store has one...they want $3000 for it.

never understood places charging way above MSRP, and they wonder why I always transferred stuff in instead of buying from them.
View Quote

Better deals abound.  I got mine on GB for ~$1200.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 904fella:
Anybody know if ADCO works on these barrels?
View Quote

Yes. They did mine.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:31:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#28]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Looks like Tinmey is making an ARX trigger.
View Quote

Nice! I have 0 experience with custom triggers in any rifles... well, save for a 10/22 about a decade ago that had a couple Volquartsen parts... but I do think the ARX trigger needs some improvement. Personally, I like how wide the trigger is, and it breaks pretty cleanly, but it IS a bit too heavy.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but that article is from October 2014.  I haven't seen anything about a Timney trigger since.

I'm patiently waiting for the Shooting Sight trigger, pretty decent previews over on the Beretta Forum.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:29:34 AM EDT
[#32]
I spoke to Timney a few weeks ago and they have NO plans for a trigger.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#34]
I spoke to Timney a few weeks ago and they have NO plans for a trigger.
View Quote

WUT?  I don't get it.  That article was pretty straightforward.  Somebody taste piss in their Cheerios or something?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:56:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, it says if enough people ask, they generally will make a trigger. Hive, activate!
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Conqueror:
Well, it says if enough people ask, they generally will make a trigger. Hive, activate!
View Quote

I'm wondering why the project got cut.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#37]
just bought one for $1200 dollars on gunbroker I cant wait to get it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 1:02:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: marod] [#38]
i just bought it few days ago
I m really happy with it
You have to buy new iron sights for sure
But it s a very nice rifle
I shot 200-300 rounds with no malfunction,recoil is mild and accuracy is pretty good
And for a lefty like me,it s just perfect

100 yards with Wolf gold 55gr

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#39]
I can't wait to pick mine up.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:49:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#40]
Military Arms Channel, rifle cold weather ice test. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVe7d7xJdAo
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:49:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Military Arms Channel, rifle cold weather ice test. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVe7d7xJdAo
View Quote

Yeah, but it's ugly.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:55:05 AM EDT
[#42]
"I love it a lot"... *plunk* LOL

Semi-surprised on the AK fail though. Kind of, not really though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:10:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Matthew_Q] [#43]
Originally Posted By sunnybean:

Yeah, but it's ugly.
View All Quotes

Yeah, but it's ugly.

LOL more reliable than an AK!  Whodathunkit?

Also - abusing HIS guns, so you don't have to!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:30:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: army_eod] [#44]

Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:

Yeah, but it's ugly.

that is not the first test I have seen like that. The AK is not as great as most are lead to believe. He should have tested a plain vanilla AK. Like a WASR. It would have done better.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#45]
I've been looking to get one of these, would love to find it for $1200 but everywhere I look is like $1700+. This thread has given me hope!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#46]

It's happening lol. So far first impressions I love this rifle i can't wait to shoot it
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone have a lead on one of these in the 1200 range I keep reading about?  I am getting more and more interested in one.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jmftexas:
Anyone have a lead on one of these in the 1200 range I keep reading about?  I am getting more and more interested in one.
View Quote

I found mine on gunbroker from arms unlimited. If you get one from them though just be prepared to pay and pray it shows up. I didn't get a tracking number or any notification that it shipped even after multiple emails.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#50]

Can anybody tell me what the hell this is. It was in the bag with the manual and warranty paperwork
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top