Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
The 100 is an A3 variant, same config as the current 160 A3's.  The coyote SF versions in the pic you're referencing are A2 variants.  Since the SBR bbl hasn't been released, can't say if the stock settings will work with a can.

I'm not going to get hung up on the implied meaning of the gas block letters.  They could be "F" & "U" for all I care, so long as I can run my Surge.
View Quote

I still don't think you understand my points about the gas system, or perhaps you're being deliberately obtuse.

I don't care either what the letters stand for. I care how big the ports are. Gas ports tuned for "Standard" and "Nonstandard" ammo will be "overgassed" and "WAY overgassed," respectively, with a silencer attached. Gas ports tuned for "Suppressed" and "Nonsuppressed" will be perfect for both use and non-use of a silencer. It's convenient that the letters N and S can stand for both scenarios, but again, the issue isn't one of semantics, it's one of function. Your Surge will run fine on a 16" ARX now, or with the SBR barrel, but in both scenarios it will be overgassed if the gas ports aren't sized correctly for silencer use. Currently, chopping a 16" barrel and re-purposing the S and N settings is the best way to achieve an ARX which runs flawlessly and durably with a silencer.

Your reply also fails to address the aesthetics I mentioned. My opinion is that the ARX SBR looks best when the muzzle device is up against the gas block, without a 2" choad of barrel in there. The 10.3" barrels have the choad. I don't want that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 2:18:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Conqueror:

I still don't think you understand my points about the gas system, or perhaps you're being deliberately obtuse.

I don't care either what the letters stand for. I care how big the ports are. Gas ports tuned for "Standard" and "Nonstandard" ammo will be "overgassed" and "WAY overgassed," respectively, with a silencer attached. Gas ports tuned for "Suppressed" and "Nonsuppressed" will be perfect for both use and non-use of a silencer. It's convenient that the letters N and S can stand for both scenarios, but again, the issue isn't one of semantics, it's one of function. Your Surge will run fine on a 16" ARX now, or with the SBR barrel, but in both scenarios it will be overgassed if the gas ports aren't sized correctly for silencer use. Currently, chopping a 16" barrel and re-purposing the S and N settings is the best way to achieve an ARX which runs flawlessly and durably with a silencer.

Your reply also fails to address the aesthetics I mentioned. My opinion is that the ARX SBR looks best when the muzzle device is up against the gas block, without a 2" choad of barrel in there. The 10.3" barrels have the choad. I don't want that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
The 100 is an A3 variant, same config as the current 160 A3's.  The coyote SF versions in the pic you're referencing are A2 variants.  Since the SBR bbl hasn't been released, can't say if the stock settings will work with a can.

I'm not going to get hung up on the implied meaning of the gas block letters.  They could be "F" & "U" for all I care, so long as I can run my Surge.

I, for one, don't mind the choad.  :P
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 6:07:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#3]

View All Quotes

Watch the YouTube of the SHOT '15 SBR release announcement, you can see the bbl is proportional.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 6:50:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Watch the YouTube of the SHOT '15 SBR release announcement, you can see the bbl is proportional.
View All Quotes

And here we are, close to the end of Q2, and no SBR barrels.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:

View All Quotes

It's Beretta.  Add +1 yr to their announced/expected release time tables.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 2:08:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#6]

It's Beretta any gun company ever.  Add +1 yr to their announced/expected release time tables.
View All Quotes

It's Beretta any gun company ever.  Add +1 yr to their announced/expected release time tables.

FIFY
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

Spoke with CS guy last Fri concerning the SBR bbls, was told around Dec '15.  So Q1, 2016 (at best).
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Really disappointed with how this thing turned out.  I'm a fan of Beretta.  I have a BM-62.  I'm no liking the reports on the trigger.  Guess I'll pass.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:16:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#9]
Originally Posted By Spatten:
Really disappointed with how this thing turned out.  I'm a fan of Beretta.  I have a BM-62.  I'm no liking the reports on the trigger.  Guess I'll pass.
View Quote

At least it didn't come out the same way the ACR did right? With the ARX we got it as advertised except for the nitrided barrel.

There will be aftermarket triggers, so I don't really see the problem.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 2:36:56 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

If you equate "heavy" with "bad" (and probably conversely "light" with "good"), you're oversimplifying it. It's a good feeling trigger. It breaks clean. It's just a bit heavy. I like the width of the trigger, it feels good on the finger. I'm happy with my ARX.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 10:57:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#11]

If you equate "heavy" with "bad" (and probably conversely "light" with "good"), you're oversimplifying it. It's a good feeling trigger. It breaks clean. It's just a bit heavy. I like the width of the trigger, it feels good on the finger. I'm happy with my ARX.
View All Quotes

That's how my ARX trigger feels, a bit heavy (probably around 9 pounds) but it breaks clean. Though I have heard a few people comment about a gritty/creepy feeling from their ARX triggers so I can't say that they are all the same.

I put Geissele triggers in my ARs so I know what a good trigger feels like but I'm still not bothered much by the factory ARX trigger.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Agree with above. The ARX trigger is not what I like, but I can't describe it as "bad." It is definitely heavy, but I'd take it over a milspec AR trigger 7 days a week. It is clean, short, and crisp, despite its weight. I will buy an aftermarket trigger when they are released. Geissele said no, but they made one for the ACR and there are probably already more ARX's out there than ACRs.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't really get why Geissele won't make a trigger for the ARX when they have made one for every new odd ball rifle out there.

I remember reading that Geissele had an ARX quite a while before the first ones started showing up for sale. Who knows, maybe they discovered that the accuracy didn't improve with a better trigger?
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
I don't really get why Geissele won't make a trigger for the ARX when they have made one for every new odd ball rifle out there.

I remember reading that Geissele had an ARX quite a while before the first ones started showing up for sale. Who knows, maybe they discovered that the accuracy didn't improve with a better trigger?
View Quote

I think their business model is to sell things. I don't think they'd care all that much if you aren't more accurate with their $250 trigger in your rifle.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:31:53 AM EDT
[#15]

I think their business model is to sell things. I don't think they'd care all that much if you aren't more accurate with their $250 trigger in your rifle.  
View All Quotes

You're probably right about that. I guess it will just remain a mystery then because Geissele isn't talking.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By HardShell:
Just got my order update/shipping notice/tracking number from Botach, believe it or not....  WOOT!  

View Quote

That didn't take very long.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:01:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#19]

Nope, 2-3 weeks for a delivered price just under $1,200... I can live with that after waiting this long to even jump into the game and order one.
View All Quotes
Just got my order update/shipping notice/tracking number from Botach, believe it or not....  WOOT!  

That didn't take very long.

Nope, 2-3 weeks for a delivered price just under $1,200... I can live with that after waiting this long to even jump into the game and order one.

I'm kicking myself for not waiting to buy at that price... I would have saved about $400.00...

In the the end though the ARX is awesome enough for me not to think that much about what I paid for it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:51:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#20]
Botach is now selling the 10 inch barrel ARX as well as the 10 inch barrel by itself. > https://www.botach.com/search.php?search_query=beretta+arx-100&Search=
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:37:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TurkeyLeg] [#21]
Well, Ill be dipped in shit (and sprinkled with bread crumbs).

Whats up with the funky flash hider? Is that the Italian OEM hider?

Its just going to go in the parts bin in place of a suppressor mount, but it still looks interesting.  HALO compatible?

ETA nm on the HALO, no BFA groove.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Botach is now selling the 10 inch barrel ARX as well as the 10 inch barrel by itself. > https://www.botach.com/search.php?search_query=beretta+arx-100&Search=
View Quote

About time. Can't wait to SBR this thing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:19:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#23]
Originally Posted By TurkeyLeg:
Well, Ill be dipped in shit (and sprinkled with bread crumbs).

Whats up with the funky flash hider? Is that the Italian OEM hider?

Its just going to go in the parts bin in place of a suppressor mount, but it still looks interesting.  HALO compatible?

ETA nm on the HALO, no BFA groove.

https://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server4300/9j9zreeu/products/47208/images/93597/Untitled_1__08394.1434663151.1280.1280.png?c=2
View Quote

I think that is just a pic that they grabbed from the internet of an ARX-160 barrel, it even has a bayonet lug at the front of the gas block. I'm pretty sure it will come with an A2 FH and no bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#24]
All good things come to those that wait...

:)
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

So, what you're saying is that we still don't know if these exist?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

View All Quotes

Basically.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Basically.
View All Quotes

Basically.

Like I posted before, CS estimated: Q4 '15 (Dec.) = some time in 2016.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:20:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#28]

View All Quotes

Basically.

I'm not going to make any bets... It could go either way.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#29]
First time I have heard of reliability issues so far. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdwQyn1eJTE
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:07:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LOS] [#30]
Could the rifle be susceptible for FTE issues if the ambi eject button is not completely engaged to either side..?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:37:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By LOS:
Could the rifle be susceptible for FTE issues if the ambi eject button is not completely engaged to either side..?
View Quote

IIRC, there's a pretty solid feeling detent, and the distance it travels is pretty short. I'm not sure you could get it stuck in an "inbetween" area.... If you could, both of the ejector-extractors would be pushed forward out of the bolt face, but would likely still extract the case... it just wouldn't eject properly. I suspect then you'd get a feed jam as the bolt returned forward with the spent case still in the extractors.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:24:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By LOS:
View Quote

Could it, yes. But you'd pretty much have to deliberately set it up like to do that. The ejector plate is retained in position by a spring detent that you push against when you're swapping sides. Once you push hard enough to move the plate it snaps over to the other position.

As far as the video goes, I think I know what's going on:

It really looks like he's shooting Wolf or Tule poly coated steel case, which is weak ammo. If the ARX short strokes, the extractor/ejector doesn't hit the plate in the rear and doesn't eject. It also seems that he never switched the gas system to the adverse setting, even after he got it back from Beretta with a note saying that the gas might need to be turned up with some steel case ammo.

My AUG short strokes with Tula steel too. But switching the gas regulator to adverse fixes the problem every time.

AJ
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#33]
So how long is it taking for people to get it from botach
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By whopete89:
So how long is it taking for people to get it from botach
View Quote

Haven't ordered or tried from Botach. They probably have the barrel listed, but don't have any yet. Botach is famous for taking orders for shit they don't have in stock.

I'd call them and ask if an item is in stock if you really want it, otherwise I'd try to find it from a different vendor.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 1:37:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HardShell] [#35]
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#36]
I was just informed that my 10" barrel is supposed to ship from Botach next week. This is about three weeks after I ordered it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 3:06:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AubrayJ] [#37]
Did they give you a tracking number?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. For three times fooling I just be ordering from Botach.

AJ
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:03:01 PM EDT
[#39]
We need a bump on this thread
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:29:06 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Very Cool
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:57:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ak47Dennis] [#41]
Did anyone see this, Got an email from there web sight saying they are available.

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/arx100-10-25-in-barrel-kit-barrel-kit/jxc111/

Seems odd they have them listed under kits & parts and not barrels

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:18:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ak47Dennis:
Did anyone see this, Got an email from there web sight saying they are available.

View Quote

Comes in a case with mag, looks like a kit to me.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Neat that it comes with a case. Looks like it would be big enough to fit the rifle in with the short barrel.

But damn near $600 for a barrel? That's half the price that the gun sells for these days. For maybe $400, I'd get the barrel. That still makes it a $600 SBR project. High prices are hurting this rifle. I bet they'd sell a shit-ton if they were available for right around $1k.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#44]

Neat that it comes with a case. Looks like it would be big enough to fit the rifle in with the short barrel.

But damn near $600 for a barrel? That's half the price that the gun sells for these days. For maybe $400, I'd get the barrel. That still makes it a $600 SBR project. High prices are hurting this rifle. I bet they'd sell a shit-ton if they were available for right around $1k.
View All Quotes

You can get it for less here. > https://www.botach.com/beretta-arx100-replacement-10-barrel/
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Beretta has to sell direct at MSRP, they cannot undercut their dealers.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:45:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#46]

View All Quotes

Probably does, but the case looks designed to hold a bbl., not a rifle.  I spy what looks like a retention loop that sits too far away from the bbl. breech pouch to retain the 10" bbl., so guessing it must be for the 16".  So, the case is probably strictly intended for holding bbls, rather than an ARX in SBR config.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#47]
L

View All Quotes

It's a deal compared to a FN SCAR barrel for $900-1000. You could buy a ARX , short barrel, and pay for the tax stamp for less than a SCAR with one barrel goes for.

AJ
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#48]

You can get it for less here. > https://www.botach.com/beretta-arx100-replacement-10-barrel/
View All Quotes

I figured the street price would be a little less.

I've got an AK pistol I need to start the SBR stuff on, and a bonus coming this week that might go to cover that stamp. Not sure when I'll do the ARX, but maybe by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:00:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#49]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=synlZgnTnXg

The ARX-100 was included in this dirt test video... Kind of surprising what it beat.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:37:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#50]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=synlZgnTnXg

The ARX-100 was included in this dirt test video... Kind of surprising what it beat.
View Quote

A straight forward, no nonsense test.  I like that.

Results:
Ruger Mini-14 with grease - 1 rd
Ruger Mini-14 with CLP ---- 1 rd
AR15 ------------------------ 32 rds
Beretta ARX 100 ----------- 31 rds
FN SCAR ------------------- 12 rds
Arsenal SLR-107FR -------- 1 rd

Paraphrasing what the guy said at the end, it's great to get data that goes contrary to std wisdom, or what you were expecting.

ETA, for comparison, here is a MAC AK dirt test.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top