Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:20:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#1]
I was looking through > this thread < over on HKPRO since I recently purchased an HK VP9 and I was wondering if anyone has done/or is going to do a similar complete disassembly of the Beretta ARX-100?

I think it would be very interesting.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn you guys, never heard of these till lastnite when I happened onto this thread.

TL;DR every page.

Whats the street price on these?

Owners, are they shooters? MOA @ 100yds?

These will accept AR mags?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By zlman:
Damn you guys, never heard of these till lastnite when I happened onto this thread.

TL;DR every page.

Whats the street price on these?  Got mine for $1200 in December. They were usually around $1400, but have popped up for less recently.

Owners, are they shooters? MOA @ 100yds?  Check out YouTube tests. I think most are around 2MOA, but the heavy trigger may affect that.

These will accept AR mags?  Yes, they take STANAG mags. Do note that some mags like Gen M3 PMAGS are NOT standard STANAG and won't insert. Several of the higher-than-30 round capacity mags, the drum type and quad stack won't insert either. Standard aluminum type STANAG mags, and Gen M2 PMAGs, etc, work perfectly fine.
View Quote

I haven't gotten to the range with mine yet, since I was in the middle of selling my house and moving into a new one. The trigger is a bit heavy, but it is pretty crisp. Most of the controls are pretty stiff, but they loosen up with use. The controls are fully ambidextrous. The ability to swap ejection and charging handle is pretty cool. My only other misgivings are the relatively short length of pull, and not having a cheekpiece, but the latter has been solved by a member here. I got a 1/2" riser from him, and it's PERFECT.

I dig my ARX. I'd buy it again.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#4]

TL;DR every page.

View Quote
$1200. Botach

Normal street price is $1400+

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jh1990:
$1200. Botach  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

TL;DR every page.

$1200. Botach  

Who's bought one for over $1200 lately...
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By purevl2:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By purevl2:

TL;DR every page.

$1200. Botach  

Anyone who didn't buy from Botach. Where else are they $1200?

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I got mine from North Arkansas Gun, but that was on sale... they're now showing at $1550 there.

Might have to do some looking around to find them at $1200.

Botach might not be too bad, but I'd recommend CALLING first to see if they are in stock.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:11:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Who know what the weird little tool is that comes in the bag with the manual?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cantonx:
Who know what the weird little tool is that comes in the bag with the manual?
View Quote

Front sight adjustment tool, though I don't know what the square end is for.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:45:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#10]
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:

I haven't gotten to the range with mine yet, since I was in the middle of selling my house and moving into a new one. The trigger is a bit heavy, but it is pretty crisp. Most of the controls are pretty stiff, but they loosen up with use. The controls are fully ambidextrous. The ability to swap ejection and charging handle is pretty cool. My only other misgivings are the relatively short length of pull, and not having a cheekpiece, but the latter has been solved by a member here. I got a 1/2" riser from him, and it's PERFECT.

View All Quotes

TL;DR every page.

Whats the street price on these?  Got mine for $1200 in December. They were usually around $1400, but have popped up for less recently.

Owners, are they shooters? MOA @ 100yds?  Check out YouTube tests. I think most are around 2MOA, but the heavy trigger may affect that.

These will accept AR mags?  Yes, they take STANAG mags. Do note that some mags like Gen M3 PMAGS are NOT standard STANAG and won't insert. Several of the higher-than-30 round capacity mags, the drum type and quad stack won't insert either. Standard aluminum type STANAG mags, and Gen M2 PMAGs, etc, work perfectly fine.

It also works with Lancer AWMs.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:23:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LanXang] [#11]
I got mine from North Arkansas Gun, but that was on sale... they're now showing at $1550 there.

Might have to do some looking around to find them at $1200.

Botach might not be too bad, but I'd recommend CALLING first to see if they are in stock.
View Quote

I saw one for 1200ish at a Houston gun show back in January
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#12]
And here I am, just keeping my fingers crossed for the 7.62x39 variety.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:33:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Will_Power:
View Quote

The ARX is potentially 3-4 cal varieties in 1.  7.62x39 is a bbl+bolt+lower swap.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Will_Power:
View Quote

IMHO, it'll be easier (and more likely to happen sooner) with calibers that can use STANAG mags.

They were/are supposed to have .300BLK barrels out as the first conversion. If I get off my ass and end up getting myself a suppressor or two, I would look into a .300BLK barrel.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I have one en route from Botach. Free shipping. They shipped fifteen days after I purchased it.  For the money I saved, I don't mind waiting.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#16]
They have been showing SBR models, I wish they would get those barrels out first.  Only one new part number (the barrel itself) would be necessary.

This gun was made to be an SBR since it has such a short handguard.  Chopping the 16 inch barrel down sucks because Beretta wont release gas port info.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:43:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By KOAM:
I have one en route from Botach. Free shipping. They shipped fifteen days after I purchased it.  For the money I saved, I don't mind waiting.
View Quote

I hope you dig the rifle. I'm diggin mine.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:36:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#18]
Originally Posted By TurkeyLeg:
They have been showing SBR models, I wish they would get those barrels out first.  Only one new part number (the barrel itself) would be necessary.

This gun was made to be an SBR since it has such a short handguard.  Chopping the 16 inch barrel down sucks because Beretta wont release gas port info.
View Quote

Factory SBR model was supposed to start leaking out around now, but I haven't seen/heard anything on it since SHOT.  If they want to sell those, or even just bbl. assemblies, they better get moving; 41p is coming.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone get a bottom rail from Brignoli in Italy?

I ordered 2 weeks ago and still haven't got a shipping confirmation, only that the order "is being processed".
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:10:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Col__Kurtz:
Anyone get a bottom rail from Brignoli in Italy?

I ordered 2 weeks ago and still haven't got a shipping confirmation, only that the order "is being processed".
View Quote

Yeah about the same time I ordered from them also , still waiting ....
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I got my bottom rail last week fits like a glove.  The whole process took about 3-4 weeks from order to when I got it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:56:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Col__Kurtz] [#22]
Originally Posted By Chewiekw:
I got my bottom rail last week fits like a glove.  The whole process took about 3-4 weeks from order to when I got it.
View Quote

Ah, cool. Good to know! Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#23]
This and the Tavor are the only "next gen" rifles I like at this point.  I saw MAC's review on the ARX and have to say he sold me on it.  I was on the fence for a long time about it, but if I can acquire the scratch I'll likely have one at some point in the near future.  Unless the Galil Ace need overwhelms me first.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm still digging mine. It's essentially a single-shot right now since I can't work on the gas system until my Saker clears, but it's still fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:00:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Chewiekw:
View Quote

Just Got mine in today along with the charging handle attachment
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:44:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LanXang] [#26]
Just got my ARX, found one for 1300ish at a gun show. Too bad it's not more common since you get alot for the money. I could live with the length of pull but a longer stock would be nice. Ordering the rail and charging handle soon. Wish Beretta would stop dragging their asses and get us some accessories otherwise i fear it'll be a dead platform just like the ACR.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:27:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#27]
Originally Posted By LanXang:
Just got my ARX, found one for 1300ish at a gun show. Too bad it's not more common since you get alot for the money. I could live with the length of pull but a longer stock would be nice. Ordering the rail and charging handle soon. Wish Beretta would stop dragging their asses and get us some accessories otherwise i fear it'll be a dead platform just like the ACR.
View Quote

Gunbroker list prices < ~$1300 with no reserve are becoming common.

On an unrelated note, has anyone tried running steel cased ammo through their ARX yet?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Gunbroker list prices > $1300 with no reserve are becoming common.

On an un related note, has anyone tried running steel cased ammo through their ARX yet?
View All Quotes

Gunbroker list prices > $1300 with no reserve are becoming common.

On an un related note, has anyone tried running steel cased ammo through their ARX yet?

I shot 20 rounds of Herter's 55 grain steel case through my ARX on the "S" setting. I didn't have any malfunctions, though with only 20 rounds I didn't expect that I would.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#29]

On an unrelated note, has anyone tried running steel cased ammo through their ARX yet?
View All Quotes

I've run about 120 Brown Beat thru mine, including 60 fired relatively fast and then loaded a brass case round and let the rifle cool.

That round fired and extracted perfectly fine.

AJ
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:38:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#30]
Originally Posted By AubrayJ:

I've run about 120 Brown Beat thru mine, including 60 fired relatively fast and then loaded a brass case round and let the rifle cool.

AJ
View All Quotes

AJ

Interesting what you & Cliff are reporting.  There are articles out there claiming the ARX can't spit steel cases.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:44:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#31]

Interesting what you & Cliff are reporting.  There are articles out there claim the ARX can't spit steel cases.
View All Quotes

AJ

Interesting what you & Cliff are reporting.  There are articles out there claim the ARX can't spit steel cases.

That 20 rounds was all I had of the Herter's ammo but if I had more I would have shot it. I've been trying to get rid of all the odd, one off, random boxes of ammo that just don't make sense taking up room that could be filled up with more IMI ammo.

I just shot 40 rounds of Remington soft point on the "S" setting a couple of days ago as well with no issues.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 4:18:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Finally got out and shot my ARX.  Been busy with moving into a new house and all that shit. Of course I drove out to the range 20 miles away and forgot all the targets I printed out, and my rifle rest because I didn't know where it was.

Overall, it's a pleasant shooting rifle. The trigger IS a bit heavy, but I already knew that. Recoil isn't bad at all. I only shot 2 full magazines. I forgot which brand of ammo, but it was all brass case. 100% reliable. Pending the weather (supposed to rain, my range is outdoor), I may head out again on my 'weekend' (which is Sunday and Monday).

Also shot my CZ P-09. I really like that handgun. It's a good match up with my ARX.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 6:06:45 AM EDT
[#34]

Nice report there. Seeing everything further stripped than I've done with mine so far really makes me think "damn, Beretta was VERY clever in the design of this rifle!"  It made me think about spare parts. I think it may be a good idea to have a spare extractor/ejector, and it's nice that they are symmetric, so one spare could be used on either side.

I watched MAC's reviews, and they helped me cinch the deal. I also just started the process on a suppressor. While it's not a 5.56 suppressor, it is rated for 5.56 out of 16" or greater barrels, slow fire. I figure that can will tide me over until I get something bigger... but I remember seeing MAC's video on suppressors. He shot the ARX with a can on it, and noted that he got a lot of gas in the face...

So I had an idea. I want to get some thin mylar sheet, and cut it so that you can stick it over the left (or right) ejection port (leaving a slot for the charging handle, of course). Use the sling mounts to hold it in place. That might help prevent some gas in the face. I'll have to get materials and try it out when I get my can.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Beretta actually has a port cover for suppressor use that attaches via the sling mounts, they just need to come out with it already.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
Beretta actually has a port cover for suppressor use that attaches via the sling mounts, they just need to come out with it already.
View Quote

You mean like the lower pic rail & CH knob?

"2 weeks".
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#37]

"2 weeks".
View All Quotes

"2 weeks".

Yeah... Don't forget the QD sling sockets that they have as well.

2 weeks, 60 to 90 days or never.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

"2 weeks".

I'll add short barrels to that list as well...

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

"2 weeks".

........ and the FDE model.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#40]
how are the QD sling sockets mount to the existing rifle?

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:25:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#41]
They are somehow bolted and clamped around the metal sling loops that are on the sides of the ARX.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 5:30:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By LOS:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LOS:

"2 weeks".

Yeah what's up with the FDE model
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#43]
I've never seen the cover... nor the QD sling mounts!  

Beretta needs to get them out. Get the actual street price to $1200 or less... lots of people (myself included) jumped in at that price. More will if it becomes more affordable.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:09:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#44]
View Quote

I wish there was a picture of those parts because I've never actually seen them.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 12:42:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LOS] [#45]
I wish there was a picture of those parts because I've never actually seen them.
View All Quotes
Here' a photo (probably the only one in existence) of the infamous ejection port cover. It's the semi rectangular shaped object that is right below the rifle.  It appears that it is designed to clip/attach onto the sling loops.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#46]
There you have it, thanks for posting that LOS.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:39:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LOS] [#47]
You know, the EPC would be real easy to make out of kydex. Just saying...
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 5:49:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Matthew_Q] [#48]
I like the case... that would be real nice to have when additional barrels come out. If they do end up getting out an SBR length barrel in 5.56 and/or .300BLK, it would be neat to have a case like that with all the barrels in it for quick change.

The ejection port cover looks like it would be pretty easy to make. I'll have to see how much of an issue gas in the face is with the suppressor I'm getting. I only have to wait about 83 more days (or so)....

The EPC in the picture looks like it completely covers the opening - like it wouldn't allow for the charging handle to be on the left while ejection is to the right. I'd rather leave the charging handle on the left and ejection to the right. If you could whip something up that works well LOS, I'd buy one!  ;)
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 10:34:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LOS] [#49]
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q: .....The EPC in the picture looks like it completely covers the opening - like it wouldn't allow for the charging handle to be on the left while ejection is to the right. I'd rather leave the charging handle on the left and ejection to the right. If you could whip something up that works well LOS, I'd buy one!  ;)
View Quote

Correct. It's designed to cover one side of the EP to prevent gas blow-back when operating with a sound suppressor. Looking at the EPC,  it first appears that it's made for specific left side cover, but it's actually ambidextrous by design.

Contact me when you're ready and I'll gladly send you a few EPCs for testing. My initial concern is that a kydex made EPC would be susceptible to deformation cuased by a constant barrage of gas heat.  I've worked with (transparent) Lexan and that stuff is literally indestructible, so I'll make one of those and send it off as well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Would buy SBR version
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top