Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2024 3:19:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mcb]
So I do most of my hunting in Tennessee and for the 24-25 hunting season we will finally, for the first time, have a night season for Coyote and Bobcat.

https://www.tn.gov/twra/news/2024/4/19/2024-25-hunting-regulations-set.html

At least initial we are limited to shotguns only using shot (no slugs) and my thought to keep costs down that a decent pair of digital night vision goggles would be the way to go for both scanning for and shooting coyotes.  I realize true light intensifier tubes of decent quality are going to be pricy but my thought is that some of the active illumination digital goggles might be usable in this applications and more budget friendly.  The property I hunt is very hilly and tree covered.  There is only one location were shots over ~120 yards is possible and most of our sight lines are going to be 60-100 due to terrain and or cover.

I am new to this so, what would you run if you were stuck with a shotgun hunting coyotes at night and on a limited gadget budget what would you run for night vision and/or thermal?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:11:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By mcb:
So I do most of my hunting in Tennessee and for the 24-25 hunting season we will finally, for the first time, have a night season for Coyote and Bobcat.

https://www.tn.gov/twra/news/2024/4/19/2024-25-hunting-regulations-set.html

At least initial we are limited to shotguns only using shot (no slugs) and my thought to keep costs down that a decent pair of digital night vision goggles would be the way to go for both scanning for and shooting coyotes.  I realize true light intensifier tubes of decent quality are going to be pricy but my thought is that some of the active illumination digital goggles might be usable in this applications and more budget friendly.  The property I hunt is very hilly and tree covered.  There is only one location were shots over ~120 yards is possible and most of our sight lines are going to be 60-100 due to terrain and or cover.

I am new to this so, what would you run if you were stuck with a shotgun hunting coyotes at night and on a limited gadget budget what would you run for night vision and/or thermal?
View Quote

Not necessarily budget, but I use a Benelli M4 Entry with a T series aimpoint on a riser.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top