Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2024 8:27:53 PM EDT
So this DAS stamped stock is on a rack grade from a year and a half ago.   It has the epoxy bedding as well as 4787 written in ink in the barrel channel.
 I assume the numbers are a partial serial, is this indicative of a Springfield Armory NM  prepped stock?
The rifle itself is a typical mix of parts. Rifle serial does not match numbers on stock. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
kAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:27:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HurstXJ] [#1]
The color of the bedding looks to be right for Springfield Armory work, though the bedding on the top does not appear to be Springfield quality work and may have been touched up along the line.

Is there any bedding at the rear of the trigger group sits just in front of the grip?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:42:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluesx] [#2]
Yes there is a small amount of epoxy at the rear contact part of the trigger assembly. It is difficult to see in the photo but on either side of the slot cut there is epoxy.
Circled  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#3]
With the bedding in the trigger guard rear as well, this compares well to what would have been on a TII National Match Garand.

Is the rifle a Greek return from the CMP by any chance?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Greek return, not sure. The rifle itself is a 2.5M Springfield. With the pitting on the receiver I assumed it was a Philippine return.
 I have not done a FOIA on the rifle.
 The stock has tons of small dings up and down it,  I'm guessing thats why its on a rack grade.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:03:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HurstXJ] [#5]
I know some former NM rifles came back from Greece in mostly standard service rifle configuration with random NM stocks and other parts sprinkled around on non-NM rifles which is why I asked.

Also possible the CMP put that stock on off the top of the pile to replace a broken stock on a rifle NOT returned from Greece. You just never know.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HurstXJ:
I know some former NM rifles came back from Greece in mostly standard service rifle configuration with random NM stocks and other parts sprinkled around on non-NM rifles which is why I asked.

Also possible the CMP put that stock on off the top of the pile to replace a broken stock on a rifle NOT returned from Greece. You just never know.
View Quote

Very possible as the Philippine guns were rough.  I suspect a lot of their stocks were trashed.  Heat warpage, wood eaten by bugs even.
Top Top