Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2024 5:11:31 PM EDT
Recently picked up a Ruger 77/357 and so had to test out a few cans on it.  Ammo used was Callaway Ballistics125 gr 38 Specials.  I brought my Wolfman, Alaskan 360, Obsidian 45, Lithium, R9, Sonus and the TLX9.

They all sounded great with the Wolfman the quietest.  Runner up was the TLX 9 which really shocked me.  I wanted to be sure and went through 300 rounds switching between cans.  It was really close but the Ecco can sounded better to my ears.  The TLX 9 is now my fav can for the Ruger

I wanted to test a couple more handguns direct threading the TLX 9.  Brought my Staccato P and CZ Shadow 2.  Ammo used was 150 gr Syntech and 147 gr  Callaway Ballistics.  I direct threaded the can using Griffin Armament EZ Lok.

Ran 100 flawless rounds through both pistols.  

I’ve dedicated one of my Omega 9K’s to the Staccato P and wanted to compare it to the TLX 9.  The Ecco can is noticeably more quiet than the O9K. Shot both cans with the Shadow 2 and got the same results.  The TLX 9 just impresses me more each time I take it out.  I’m not even sure I need a Spectre 9 now.  Probably better off getting another TLX 9 or TLX 45.  Someone who has a TLX 9 and Spectre 9 need to do a side by side comparison and make me change my mind.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By arndog123:
Recently picked up a Ruger 77/357 and so had to test out a few cans on it.  Ammo used was Callaway Ballistics125 gr 38 Specials.  I brought my Wolfman, Alaskan 360, Obsidian 45, Lithium, R9, Sonus and the TLX9.
https://i.ibb.co/KN8vXCV/IMG-0888.jpg
They all sounded great with the Wolfman the quietest.  Runner up was the TLX 9 which really shocked me.  I wanted to be sure and went through 300 rounds switching between cans.  It was really close but the Ecco can sounded better to my ears.  The TLX 9 is now my fav can for the Ruger

I wanted to test a couple more handguns direct threading the TLX 9.  Brought my Staccato P and CZ Shadow 2.  Ammo used was 150 gr Syntech and 147 gr  Callaway Ballistics.  I direct threaded the can using Griffin Armament EZ Lok.
https://i.ibb.co/1LP0cBJ/IMG-0886.jpg
Ran 100 flawless rounds through both pistols.  

I’ve dedicated one of my Omega 9K’s to the Staccato P and wanted to compare it to the TLX 9.  The Ecco can is noticeably more quiet than the O9K. Shot both cans with the Shadow 2 and got the same results.  The TLX 9 just impresses me more each time I take it out.  I’m not even sure I need a Spectre 9 now.  Probably better off getting another TLX 9 or TLX 45.  Someone who has a TLX 9 and Spectre 9 need to do a side by side comparison and make me change my mind.
View Quote

I thought of the TLX as sort of a semi-compact can or slightly compact can and figured it would not be able to suppress as well as larger options due to its size, but Nick pointed out that because it is tubeless, it has comparable volume to larger 9mm pistol suppressors.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did you find a Ruger 77/357? Did you they happen to have a 77/44, I've been looking for one of those for years!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#3]
After shooting the 357/38 I want a 44 mag version now too.
https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/247067
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

18.5” barrel. I hoped after selling a few suppressors RUGER would pull their fudd out of their Bill, but they don’t seem to understand the suppressor host market.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:08:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Exetik] [#5]
The TLX is definitely a great can. It's hard to go back to a different/heavier pistol can so I always grab the TLX. The Spectre 9 looks pretty cool as well but no need for me when the TLX is available for less.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, I'm surprised the TLX is quieter than the Obsidian, and especially the Lithium!

That said, I have a TLX and it is a great-sounding can!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:28:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#7]
Thanks for the review!  That's a very interesting comparison. Surprising results.

Ecco does make nice stuff. I need to pick up a TLX one day. I'd love to try a 5x5 too.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:10:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2JokersWild] [#8]
View Quote
Niiice. Also, barrel length doesnt matter because you'll be getting the barrel taken off anyways.

SRT Arms

They offer an integrally suppressed 77/44. I've wanted one for a long time.

EDIT: You know....Makes me wonder if Ecco could integrate the TLX 45 right into the Ruger 77/44.... Hmmm.......

@ECCO_Machine
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Niiice. Also, barrel length doesnt matter because you'll be getting the barrel taken off anyways.

SRT Arms

View Quote

Wow, that's a long can.

I wonder why they don't do them in 357 too?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:24:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: arndog123] [#10]

SRT Arms

EDIT: You know....Makes me wonder if Ecco could integrate the TLX 45 right into the Ruger 77/44.... Hmmm.......

@ECCO_Machine
View Quote

I need to stay away from this place because it's really bad for my bank account.

https://youtube.com/shorts/rWjsviJtLTg?si=dXWiumsL5ix0xTA4
Really good looking rifle.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:31:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2JokersWild] [#11]

I need to stay away from this place because it's really bad for my bank account.

https://youtube.com/shorts/rWjsviJtLTg?si=dXWiumsL5ix0xTA4
Really good looking rifle.
View Quote
Its been a long time since I've heard a suppressed 77/44, but I'd say its one of the quietest suppressed weapons I've ever heard. But, I do have a bit of a romantic view of the 44 mag so that may have influenced by percpetions a bit....

But yeah, a good suppressed 44 mag bolt action is quiet with the added benefit that instead of being rimfire quiet with 40 grains of poke your eye out its rimfire quiet with 230 grains of turn your head into a canoe.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Its been a long time since I've heard a suppressed 77/44, but I'd say its one of the quietest suppressed weapons I've ever heard. But, I do have a bit of a romantic view of the 44 mag so that may have influenced by percpetions a bit....

But yeah, a good suppressed 44 mag bolt action is quiet with the added benefit that instead of being rimfire quiet with 40 grains of poke your eye out its rimfire quiet with 230 grains of turn your head into a canoe.
View Quote

I have the Henry X in 44 mag and it really is fun to shoot suppressed.  Unfortunately I don't reload so it's $$ to feed it.  Already have plans to get the 45-70 version too so my wants never end.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#13]

I have the Henry X in 44 mag and it really is fun to shoot suppressed.  Unfortunately I don't reload so it's $$ to feed it.  Already have plans to get the 45-70 version too so my wants never end.
View Quote
Reloading is almost a requirement for 44 if you shoot very much at all. Factory 44, in about any flavor, gets expensive fast as I'm sure you know! Best thing I ever did was buy a Hornady LNL and check the box for 1000 free 44 XTP bullets. I've since upgraded to a Dillon but those 1000 44 XTP bullets more than paid for the Hornady press so
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top