BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:33:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mesooohoppy:

I shot a mojave 9 yesterday. I did not experience any sort of 'amazing' supersonic performance. But when compared to my ti rant and subs. It's amazing. To my ears I can't tell a difference.

The ti rant is currently my favorite can and what I push at my store. I will definitely pull the mojave out with the ti rant when trying to sell pistol cans now. It won't be in everyone's budget, but these are worth the extra coin.
View Quote
@Mesooohoppy

Wait what?  You were shooting supers through the Mojave and it sounded the same as subs through the TiRant?

Outside or inside range?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:32:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mesooohoppy] [#2]
No, sorry if that wasn't clear.

A few people in this thread have reported amazing supersonic performance. I tested this back to back with supers in a ti rant and a FS mod 9. The cans sounded so similar with supers, I didn't want to waste more time trying to nitpick between the three.

Now with subs, the mojave and ti rant sounded so good. Nice deep tones. The mod 9 isn't far behind, but there was a small difference.

I've basically given up on testing cans indoors. My indoor range is far too small for that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#3]

A few people in this thread have reported amazing supersonic performance. I tested this back to back with supers in a ti rant and a FS mod 9. The cans sounded so similar with supers, I didn't want to waste more time trying to nitpick between the three.

Now with subs, the mojave and ti rant sounded so good. Nice deep tones. The mod 9 isn't far behind, but there was a small difference.

I've basically given up on testing cans indoors. My indoor range is far too small for that.
View Quote

Any perceivable difference in blowback?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote
That makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By peachy:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

There was a very noticeable difference in blowback when I compared my Mod9 to the Mojave using my Beretta M9A4.  I felt nothing when I used the Mojave.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#6]
The Mojave has much less backpressure than the MoD 9.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
View Quote

Other than some increased blowback with the Sig Mod 9, how did you like it? I’ve got one in the process.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:39:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mesooohoppy] [#8]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

this is also my experience. it is noticeable.

Originally Posted By arndog123:

There was a very noticeable difference in blowback when I compared my Mod9 to the Mojave using my Beretta M9A4.  I felt nothing when I used the Mojave.  

also agreed, im sure the m9a4 is a super rad host. the new ti rant is very similar to the mojave in the back pressure realm. id have to shoot them side by side more before deciding.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By bballman25:

Other than some increased blowback with the Sig Mod 9, how did you like it? I’ve got one in the process.
View Quote
Sorry; it’s the CGS MoD 9 that I have, not the newish Sig.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry; it’s the CGS MoD 9 that I have, not the newish Sig.
View Quote

Ahhhhh. My bad.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By bballman25:

View Quote

i know you didnt ask me, but ive had a little time with the sig 9mm can.

its got a healthy amount of FRP. after that it quiets down nicely. its pretty light. its a modular can (which is not something that interests me). with it being DMLS, i would have liked to see a little more of an advanced baffle design. its not anything special or crazy.

i do like that it comes with the 1/2x28 and the metric piston. also very rad of them to use the SRD piston pattern on it and not introduce another piston standard. numbering on the baffles is also nice so you can rotate them around.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:29:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#12]
with it being DMLS, i would have liked to see a little more of an advanced baffle design. its not anything special or crazy.
View Quote
When I looked at one, I thought the insides looked rather pedestrian, in sharp contrast with the crazy looking exterior, which appears designed specifically to not be reproducible without DMLS. Of course, looking at one and shooting one might leave completely different impressions. The insides have some similar design characteristics with the CGS.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#13]

i know you didnt ask me, but ive had a little time with the sig 9mm can.

its got a healthy amount of FRP. after that it quiets down nicely. its pretty light. its a modular can (which is not something that interests me). with it being DMLS, i would have liked to see a little more of an advanced baffle design. its not anything special or crazy.

i do like that it comes with the 1/2x28 and the metric piston. also very rad of them to use the SRD piston pattern on it and not introduce another piston standard. numbering on the baffles is also nice so you can rotate them around.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. I’m hoping that FRP isn’t TOO crazy. It’s definitely not something I noticed or was pointed out in the review videos I watched on it.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top