Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/10/2024 9:54:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HD2006]
Looks like the new Military Armament Corp, a subsidiary of SDS Imports is releasing MP5’s.  A full-size and a K.  For those not familiar, the company is under SDS which also owns Tisas which are Turkish 1911’s.  I’m curious if these are also MKE guns or from someone else.  Given that the rest of their guns are of Turkish origin, I’m assuming that’s where these will come from also.

MAC-5K
MAC-5

Updated with pics

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd guess they're MKE, MP5s aren't too trivial to just stand up a production line for.

Pics will probably tell the tale, especially if you can see the serial number.  All Turkish guns have a prefix to the serial number that denotes the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Lipseys has them listed. Based on the price and MAC's history of Turkish imports it seems pretty likely they are made by MKE but it's possible they could be POF. Fedarm the previous importer of POF MP5's is no longer in business I believe, they had some legal issues.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Most likely MKEs.

Still, since they bought the MAC name, I'd love to see steel MAC-11 mags

M-10/11 with 3lb triggers, and wire stock braces would be cool.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:25:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Very interesting.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mak0:
Lipseys has them listed. Based on the price and MAC's history of Turkish imports it seems pretty likely they are made by MKE but it's possible they could be POF. Fedarm the previous importer of POF MP5's is no longer in business I believe, they had some legal issues.
View Quote

If these are MKE, I wonder how that works with Century also importing. Seems like Century would take issue with that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Why are there no photos? Not even at Lipseys, seems like there should be something.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Clone in 5.56. We have enough 9mm’s.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

If these are MKE, I wonder how that works with Century also importing. Seems like Century would take issue with that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It all depends on their contract with MKE. They may have negotiated exclusivity for only a set period and that's over now or possibly even not at all.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:13:38 PM EDT
[#10]

It all depends on their contract with MKE. They may have negotiated exclusivity for only a set period and that's over now or possibly even not at all.
View All Quotes

That makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 1:15:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Built on modern tooling based on original HK® specs and decades of expertise the MAC-5 series are dead ringers for the originals but are available at a price point any shooter can afford.
View Quote

Modern tooling?  Aren’t the MKE guns built on original HK tooling?
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 1:39:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TREETOP] [#12]
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 2:16:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TREETOP:
The pricing looks good, might make street pricing just under a grand.
I also would love to see them remake an original style M11. If they bought manufacturing tooling along with the name, it should be simple.
View Quote
I'd just like mags that don't suck and don't cost more than HK...
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:

Modern tooling?  Aren’t the MKE guns built on original HK tooling?
View Quote

POFs and MKE's are made on HK Licensed tooling and data package.  In theory this includes guidance on quality control measures, but for commercial endeavors for civilian sales, I suspect quality can deliberately slip vs military contracts which demand more tolerance QC  validation,  supply chain & materials quality validation.

I swapped out a POF ejector recently with a new MKE part (one of thoe $40 new parts sets they have) - the MKE part was out of spec and I re-shaped it to work

I firmly believe MKE and POF make good guns and can make military grade guns, not all civilian parts and guns are going to be made to that standard.

I own both Turkish and POFs and have no complaints other than recently noticing the MKE ejector part was way off.

Glad MAC is importing them they seem to be bringing in some cool items at affordable prices.

Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Assuming the street prices under a grand I would absolutely be in for one
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#16]
They include the flash suppressor, sling and cleaning kit for under $1,100 (list).  That's a better deal than AF's AP5 Core which lacks all of those items for $1080 (cart price).

Assuming its a MKE, of course.

Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:14:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I really don’t need another MP5, I’ve got an AP5, SP5, and SP5K-PDW.  But, if these prove to be reliable I may need to pick one up.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I really don’t need another MP5, I’ve got an AP5, SP5, and SP5K-PDW.  But, if these prove to be reliable I may need to pick one up.
View Quote

Same, in true ARFCOM fashion ... I don't need one but I need one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:25:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0351] [#19]
I'm assuming they are MKE.  

The cost of tooling up to make HK roller lock rifles plus accessories plus magazines at would cost a fortune, even in Turkey.

"Built on modern tooling based on original HK® specs and decades of expertise"  How do you get decades of expertise and define modern tooling.

Let cross our fingers for 5.56 and 7.62 coming out soon!

Link Posted: 1/11/2024 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Pics are now up on the website listed in the OP. I'm leaning towards POF.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I own a couple POF and a couple MKE.  Based on the photos, they look closer to MKE to me.

Century is selling the MKE with those thin handguards, plastic lower, that flash hider, black sling.
POF came in with metal lowers, fat handguards, no flash hider, green slings.
And the paint on the POFs is thicker and shinier.  The paint on the photos in the photos looks closer to MKE.

Either way, this one does appear to have a front pin, swing down lower.  All I can see for markings is the US ones, marked TN.  I dont see either turkey nor pakistan.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 2:55:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_Man] [#22]
Originally Posted By giantpune:
I own a couple POF and a couple MKE.  Based on the photos, they look closer to MKE to me.

Century is selling the MKE with those thin handguards, plastic lower, that flash hider, black sling.
And the paint on the POFs is thicker and shinier.  The paint on the photos in the photos looks closer to MKE.

Either way, this one does appear to have a front pin, swing down lower.  All I can see for markings is the US ones, marked TN.  I dont see either turkey nor pakistan.
View Quote
The one departure I saw from the Century MKE guns is the polymer rear cap, and the trigger housing is fully marked SEF.

The engraving size and font for the caliber does look a bit different from the Century/MKE guns though, but that wouldn't be too hard to change.

The description also says the finish is paint over mag phosphate, which I believe is consistent with the MKE guns.  IIRC the POF ones are just painted.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 3:11:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LucasHood] [#23]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
The one departure I saw from the Century MKE guns is the polymer rear cap, and the trigger housing is fully marked SEF.

The engraving size and font for the caliber does look a bit different from the Century/MKE guns though, but that wouldn't be too hard to change.

The description also says the finish is paint over mag phosphate, which I believe is consistent with the MKE guns.  IIRC the POF ones are just painted.
View All Quotes

The poly end cap and lower housing are what made me lean towards POF. I know POFs are more commonly seen with the older, metal housings but maybe SDS asked them to change it for the American market this time around. A few other things stood out, but we'll find out soon enough I guess.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 3:46:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HD2006] [#24]
Originally Posted By LucasHood:
The poly end cap and lower housing are what made me lean towards POF. I know POFs are more commonly seen with the older, metal housings but maybe SDS asked them to change it for the American market this time around. A few other things stood out, but we'll find out soon enough I guess.
View All Quotes

I believe POF only made a “reverse stretch” and not a true MP5K variant.  Not sure how hard it would be for them to tool up for a true K variant.  Given SDS’s relationship with Turkish manufacturers, I’m leaning towards MKE.  

I briefly owned a MAC JSOC 1911.  The Tisas and Turkey markings were under the dust cover in a discreet location with the MAC markings on the sides.  Looks like they kept that trend with discreet manufacture and country of origin markings.  I know it’s nitpicky, but I really don’t like the Century Arms and Turkey markings on my AP5.  These appear to be marked better.

@SDSImports can you give us any details on your new offerings?
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#25]
One thing that's curious is the flash hider. MKE flash hiders have knurling at the end with the latch, the one in the pic looks smooth.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#26]
… so maybe dumb question about mp5’s.  
How hard is it to add a stock(after paying 200 bucks, and waiting)?
And the muzzle is threaded right? That would be a sweet host for a can. (And yes I would start having a desire to watch “clear and present danger” )
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By fsjdw2:
… so maybe dumb question about mp5’s.  
And the muzzle is threaded right? That would be a sweet host for a can. (And yes I would start having a desire to watch “clear and present danger” )
View Quote

Two pushpins.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By fsjdw2:
 so maybe dumb question about mp5's.  
And the muzzle is threaded right? That would be a sweet host for a can. (And yes I would start having a desire to watch "clear and present danger" )
View Quote
Push out a pin, pull off the end cap, slide on stock, replace pin.  No tools and a 10 second job.

There are threads you could use to direct thread a can, but IMO you really want to make use of the tri-lug quick disconnect feature and a can with a tri-lug mount.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Damn. I just ordered an AP5. If this is a better MKE variant without the prospect of having to deal with Century...I guess I'll have to get their K.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By METT-T:
Damn. I just ordered an AP5. If this is a better MKE variant without the prospect of having to deal with Century...I guess I'll have to get their K.
View Quote

Hopefully more details come out, but if these end up being MKE guns without having to deal with Century, that will be great.  I had to send back my AP5-P to Century and it was a very slow process.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#31]
MAC usually MSRP’s at 40-50% higher than street price. I hope that’s the case here too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 8:01:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evintos] [#32]
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:08:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: osprey21] [#34]
Originally Posted By Evintos:
SDS/MAC confirmed they're made in Turkiye.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1-WH2KvHem/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
View Quote
Interesting, we were all wrong!

It's made by a company called Mertsav in Turkey.  Here is their website and they do indeed make MP5s and they are apparently one of MKE's subcontractors in some capacity.

https://mertsav.com.tr/en/otomatik-tabancalar/

Removed ITAR sensitive information.   osprey21

Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:29:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#35]
Interesting, had no idea this outfit existed.
MERTSAV MSG-9 Otomatik Tabanca

Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#36]
I wonder what Merts mags will be?  $20???
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#38]

It's made by a company called Mertsav in Turkey, factory code looks like TQ101.  You can see the marking on the spine in the video.  Here is their website and they do indeed make MP5s and they are apparently one of MKE's subcontractors in some capacity.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/157876/srtujsrtjsrj-3090615.jpg
View All Quotes

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1-WH2KvHem/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

It's made by a company called Mertsav in Turkey, factory code looks like TQ101.  You can see the marking on the spine in the video.  Here is their website and they do indeed make MP5s and they are apparently one of MKE's subcontractors in some capacity.

The manufacturer website shows models with A3 stocks.  Would be really cool if MAC could bring some of those in also.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I need a MP5k.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:13:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0351] [#40]
No HK G3s or 33s, but they do have their take on the 416.

https://mertsav.com.tr/en/mar-556/

MERTSAV - Saha Expo Savunma & Havacilik Fuari
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:34:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evintos] [#41]

View All Quotes

Great find!

Originally Posted By 0351:
No HK G3s or 33s, but they do have what their take on the 416.

https://mertsav.com.tr/en/mar-556/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97Q0NyMEM4U

It'd be wild if they could import that Mertsav M249 clone (in semi auto form as a cheaper alternative to the FNH M249S).

https://mertsav.com.tr/en/mmg556/
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:36:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Just what we need, another MP5 clone.

Ill hold out for the HK33k pistol that's been promised like 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:51:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LucasHood] [#44]

I believe POF only made a "reverse stretch" and not a true MP5K variant.  Not sure how hard it would be for them to tool up for a true K variant.  Given SDS's relationship with Turkish manufacturers, I'm leaning towards MKE.  

I briefly owned a MAC JSOC 1911.  The Tisas and Turkey markings were under the dust cover in a discreet location with the MAC markings on the sides.  Looks like they kept that trend with discreet manufacture and country of origin markings.  I know it's nitpicky, but I really don't like the Century Arms and Turkey markings on my AP5.  These appear to be marked better.

View All Quotes

I believe POF only made a "reverse stretch" and not a true MP5K variant.  Not sure how hard it would be for them to tool up for a true K variant.  Given SDS's relationship with Turkish manufacturers, I'm leaning towards MKE.  

I briefly owned a MAC JSOC 1911.  The Tisas and Turkey markings were under the dust cover in a discreet location with the MAC markings on the sides.  Looks like they kept that trend with discreet manufacture and country of origin markings.  I know it's nitpicky, but I really don't like the Century Arms and Turkey markings on my AP5.  These appear to be marked better.

Makes sense. I've since read further down the thread but a lot of little details didn't look "right" to be MKE to me. The flash suppressor and furniture for one. Markings look different to me too but that's easily changed.

Funny enough, while I'm not really fond of "in your face" firearms markings either, I don't really mind the MKE ones. I do admit to not being fond of the MAC logo, however. It's a big too much for me. Like you, I prefer discreet markings. Text only, with no logos is even better lol.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 12:09:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LucasHood] [#45]

The manufacturer website shows models with A3 stocks.  Would be really cool if MAC could bring some of those in also.  
View All Quotes

Interesting... Good find.

Hopefully SDS and Mertsav bring in everything. Parts, furniture, etc. and keep things decently priced, instead of playing the MKE game of keeping prices artificially high just because it's HK clone stuff. MKE was known to be bullies back in the ATI days. Some competition will do the market good.

SDS, if I could suggest one thing to you guys, it's that you stay on top of the turks when it comes to QC. Particularly when it comes to the cocking tube, sights and optic mount being welded on straight. I have seen more MKEs with crooked cocking tubes, than without. I've handled hundreds of them through a shop I sometimes help out at, and between the uneven mag wells and cocking tube/sight issues...

...Well, you get the idea.

Oh, and you guys would be the heros of the MP5 world if you can talk the Turks into squirting out some pictogram lowers at a decent price. Same goes for for A3F stocks. Most of us are tired of paying the HK clone penalty tax. I'm sure you're already planning on bringing in their standard A3 stock, as shown on their website.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys can do with this platform.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 1:04:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By SDSImports:
We'll be releasing more info as the days up to shot show get closer....
View Quote

I’ve been waffling on the Century AP5-P, glad I held off. In for more info! Im next door in Sevier county. It will be cool to have a Knoxville marked MP-5 clone.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:06:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Interesting that the photos show the 3rd sling point on the left side of the magwell. The HK MP5Ks nor any of the other clones have this feature
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:37:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: giantpune] [#48]
Originally Posted By RebleYell:
Interesting that the photos show the 3rd sling point on the left side of the magwell. The HK MP5Ks nor any of the other clones have this feature
View Quote

All of my POFs and MKE have them.  My PTRs dont.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:57:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#49]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RebleYell:

Yes, all of your full size POFs and MKEs have them.

He's referring to the K models. They do not.

Link Posted: 1/12/2024 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MagnusActual:

Yes, all of your full size POFs and MKEs have them.

He's referring to the K models. They do not.

View Quote

The POF "K" size does.  
Cause their K uses the same receiver as the big boys.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top