Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2023 9:45:38 PM EDT
What is going rate for metric Imbel and Austrian FAL magazines? A guy at work says he has a dozen or so, but wants me to make an offer. I can't find anyone selling them to give me an idea what is a fair price. He said he thinks there may be one or two Israeli mags. Looks like a year or so back they were selling for around $50 to $60.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2023 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Take this question over to Falfiles  They gots nawledge there
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 5:32:19 AM EDT
[#2]
So my mag purchases over the last couple of months included steel FN and Steyr 20 rounders, which were $25 each; a DSA 30 for $69; aluminum 20 round FNs for $40 and $60 each depending on the seller; and FN 10s from DSA for $50.

Typical price for steel seems to be $40. I would not pay that unless I were desperate for mags, they are NIW, or there is something special about them that I desire. Aluminum are worth it amd usually start at those prices but can go much higher. 30s have gotten outrageous, up to $250 each sometimes.

Before the COVID panic I was paying as little as $8 for mags and even aluminum ones I got for under $20. Only agyerwards did I ever pay $20 or more for mags.

For regular steel 20s I would start somewhere in the 20s and negotiate up from there as needed. Even if I really needed them I would not go above $45 for used. If they are DSA, unless they are 30s, just avoid them as well as any other non-OEM mags. For aluminum I might start closer to 30 and would have a higher ceiling.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
So my mag purchases over the last couple of months included steel FN and Steyr 20 rounders, which were $25 each; a DSA 30 for $69; aluminum 20 round FNs for $40 and $60 each depending on the seller; and FN 10s from DSA for $50.

Typical price for steel seems to be $40. I would not pay that unless I were desperate for mags, they are NIW, or there is something special about them that I desire. Aluminum are worth it amd usually start at those prices but can go much higher. 30s have gotten outrageous, up to $250 each sometimes.

Before the COVID panic I was paying as little as $8 for mags and even aluminum ones I got for under $20. Only agyerwards did I ever pay $20 or more for mags.

For regular steel 20s I would start somewhere in the 20s and negotiate up from there as needed. Even if I really needed them I would not go above $45 for used. If they are DSA, unless they are 30s, just avoid them as well as any other non-OEM mags. For aluminum I might start closer to 30 and would have a higher ceiling.
View Quote

Very helpful. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 4:26:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK_Mike] [#4]
About a year ago I went nuts just trying to find any metal magazines.  I had to settle for buying for lots of 10 or 12 or 20, still in military wrap unissued so they cost a premium.  Over on gun broker it looked like a few sellers were getting as much as $75 for even used mags.  Ridiculous!  I ordered some used surplus mags, $25, but so bad I had to have them all refinished.  Could not find any aluminum mags.  Bought a couple of polymer DSA mags only to find out they are worthless.

If anyone out there has any aluminum magazines, new or used, please contact me, I'll pay a ridiculous price for them.

I want to sell many of the steel mags I have, but I was going to be a jerk and put them on gunbroker for an outrageous price because they seem to sell but I am torn because I would rather sell at a honorable price to fellow ARFcommers because lots of us are desperately needing them.

25 years ago, they were $5-$7 each, they could hardly give them away, most ubiquitous mags I would see in my local gun shops.  Now, I can't hardly find them and when I do, the prices are insane.  Seems to be $25 for beat to hell used mags, $40-$55 for new steel, $75 for used steel on gun broker in lots of 4-6, $85+ for aluminum, and don't even get me going on 30rd mags, I don't dare look.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top