Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2024 2:14:55 AM EDT
I have seen many M60 barrel bags over the years, but only one where the sides of the bag had about 1/2" (or so) of foam padding. One of the outside vendors at Knob Creek had it for sale, along with a lot of other used military clothing. It didn't have a price on it, but it was just tossed in a bin with a bunch of other used stuff, so I doubt that the seller thought of it as "special". I didn't buy it when I first saw it, then went back for it later and it was gone.

What is the story on these padded barrel bags? I'm fairly certain that they are a very early item, since they are uncommon. Does anyone know the approximate time frame that these were issued? How about a place where a guy could purchase one?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:58:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#1]
Did it look like A or B?

A:
Attachment Attached File

B:
Attachment Attached File

B is the M240 barrel bag from the early 2000s.

There was an early version of A which was canvas instead of rubberized: https://www.mooremilitaria.com/newly-listed/bar-bag-can.html
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
It was the "A" type, and was made from the same rubberized material as they usually are. The only difference was the foam padding.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#3]
They must have used extra fluffy asbestos for those.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I may have one. I'll take a look.  I know of the 3-4 sitting around, one has thicker walls.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm still following this thread, so please let me know what you find out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top