Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 5/9/2023 9:09:21 PM EDT
Anyone know of any m2 kits that are available?  I am really looking for a AN/M2 to mount to this T28

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it have to be a kit or would a non-firing clone work as well?

I have the Hoosier Hotshot M2 on my jeep which passes the 5 foot test with qualified folks.

Hoosier ANM2
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:49:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Sarco ?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:21:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By svt40:
Does it have to be a kit or would a non-firing clone work as well?

I have the Hoosier Hotshot M2 on my jeep which passes the 5 foot test with qualified folks.

Hoosier ANM2
View Quote

Oh the goal is to make some strafing runs in the AZ desert, so it needs to be functioning
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:34:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you checked on the legality of this?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Mk-211:
Have you checked on the legality of this?
View Quote

We run a Type 7 FFL out of Tempe
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:06:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 50cal:
Sarco ?
View Quote

I’m not seeing any kits available at Sarco
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Have you checked 1919a4.com?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By raverill:

We run a Type 7 FFL out of Tempe
View Quote

Sweet, post video of it!
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:39:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mk-211] [#9]
http://gryphos.com/m3semikits/

Try this.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/us-military/machine-guns-usm/m2-50-cal-mg

https://www.bmgparts.com/water.html

http://dragonm50.com/content.cfm?PageID=1

Talk to Ed at CWA?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Mark Serbu got a Letter of Inquiry from the FAA about his stunt of firing an MP5 from his airplane over the Gulf of Mexico.
I think there was a statute about a fixed firing point from an aircraft. Maybe not remembering it correctly.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Mark Serbu got a Letter of Inquiry from the FAA about his stunt of firing an MP5 from his airplane over the Gulf of Mexico.
I think there was a statute about a fixed firing point from an aircraft. Maybe not remembering it correctly.
View Quote

How do companies like Dillon do it?  They take out of scottsdale fully loaded with the 204 and the mini gun and just let it rip.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Pretty sure they own the land and have all the licensing requirements needed to do it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#13]

How do companies like Dillon do it?  They take out of scottsdale fully loaded with the 204 and the mini gun and just let it rip.
View Quote

Not sure. Maybe being military suppliers?

When I was at Barrett, we did a hard mount M82A1 for the DEA that was to be used as a spotter rifle to show locations of suspected drug labs. The rifle was to be mounted upside down on the wing of a Cessna of some sort and use the electric firing solenoid of an M2HB.
We couldn't mount it and test fire it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:39:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Villafuego] [#14]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Because they don't mount them on fixed-wing aircraft

As far as kits are concerned, Bowman supposedly has them coming in ....... long thread on Weaponsguild if you are a member

https://bowmanarms.com/

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Sorry I know this is a technical discussion, but it fits so well.

So O.P. Just can’t do this period? Or he just can’t fire it?
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 9:39:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 50cal] [#16]
A guy that owns a P-51 Mustang wanted to have .50's mounted and fire them. He was able to source the aircraft M2's. Got them mounted and fired while on the ground. He just couldn't fly with the live M2's mounted.

There was a post about it on the WW2 aircraft Facebook page. The Mustang owner talked about 5he hoops he had to jump through to insure he wouldn't take off with the MG's mounted and were live.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a complete M2HB kit minus rsp if your still looking.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#18]
All great info thank you.  I’m not sure why rotary wing would be acceptable and fixed wing unacceptable.  Either way we will do some more research.

@dsspro I sent you a DM I am interested in your kit
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#19]
It may have nothing to do w/ fixed vs rotary wing.  I suspect is has more to do with can the pilot (the one under FAA regulations) fire the weapon or not.  Passengers are firing the guns from a heli (or out of the side/tail/belly ports of a bomber)
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top