Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2024 9:09:22 PM EDT
A tale of two macs...

The reciever on the top has a trapezoid mag well and accepts zytel mags.

The reciever on the bottom has a rectangular mag well and does not take zytel mags, they won't fit more than half way in the grip frame.

The receiver on the bottom will accept an uzi mag with some degree of slop front to back, and a STEN mag up to the point that the ears on the mag contact the bottom of the magwell and go no further.  Neither one seems correct- unless I'm to smash the ears flat on the sten mag to get it to fit?

My question: what mag should the bottom receiver take?  It is not a machinegun but was bundled with a colossal box of mac parts I bought.  Before I trash a sten mag just to see what happens is that right?  Does a M11/9 bolt feed both zytel and sten or uzi mags without modification?

If I was to guess I'd say it's supposed to be a sten.  But I'm not sure.

The reciever is marked COBRAY RKW, and I think it was made in '94. Judging by the SN.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ggllggll:
A tale of two macs...

The reciever on the top has a trapezoid mag well and accepts zytel mags.

The reciever on the bottom has a rectangular mag well and does not take zytel mags, they won't fit more than half way in the grip frame.

The receiver on the bottom will accept an uzi mag with some degree of slop front to back, and a STEN mag up to the point that the ears on the mag contact the bottom of the magwell and go no further.  Neither one seems correct- unless I'm to smash the ears flat on the sten mag to get it to fit?

My question: what mag should the bottom receiver take?  It is not a machinegun but was bundled with a colossal box of mac parts I bought.  Before I trash a sten mag just to see what happens is that right?  Does a M11/9 bolt feed both zytel and sten or uzi mags without modification?

If I was to guess I'd say it's supposed to be a sten.  But I'm not sure.

The reciever is marked COBRAY RKW, and I think it was made in '94. Judging by the SN.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/10799/20240125_195417_jpg-3107504.JPG
View Quote

You on uzitalk? The guys there will get that figured out right quick.

From my research the Zytel was the standard mag.

Stem mags are cheap and garbage. I'd just squish one and see if it works, especially if you have a Max31 upper for the SMG. Add a tab and you've got another mag for the Max31.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
The top trapezoid shaped mag well is the standard mag well for the M11/9, at least that’s what mine looks like. Bottom might have had a mag well replacement, not entirely sure on that one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe a sten or UZI magwell?

I agree the Uzitalk guys are smart.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Turns out it's a relatively rare not often seen factory sten magwell receiver.  Made in 1994, it was an answer to exceedingly high priced preban magazines.  We remember those days!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top