Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2024 1:26:49 PM EDT
I need a lefty flint lock. I killed a deer with an inline this year and usually sit out late season after rifle but my buddies are pressing me to join them with the flintlocks. Cool thing is I live in Lancaster pa and hear things of Lancaster rifles. Anyone have any ideas on anything lefty so I don’t burn my face haha
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry I can’t help you with a recommendation. Here's a video for inspiration of one that my friend built that my wife now owns.
Flintlock Longrifle - Eastern PA style
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Have one built....or....ck "Track of the Wolf"
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#3]
My father built beautiful black powder rifles right up until the time that he could not physically do it any longer. Neither my brother nor I are black powder shooters, but Dad built us both rifles that he gave to us for Christmas several years ago. He built my brother a percussion rifle and he gave me a flintlock. I shoot left-handed. I was surprised when mine was a right-handed rifle...especially since it was a flintlock. I asked him about it and he, very openly, told me that he had intended to build me a left-handed rifle, but once he got into it, it was just too difficult. He had never built one before and he realized quickly that it was going to be beyond his abilities. He wasn't going to be satisfied with the result, so he chose to stick with what he knew and build a beautiful right-handed rifle rather than a half-baked left-handed one. I personally have never seen a left-handed flintlock. I'm sure they're out there, but I've never seen one.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bubba556:
Sorry I can’t help you with a recommendation. Here's a video for inspiration of one that my friend built that my wife now owns. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr_Hf1KbDqM
View Quote

That's beautiful!
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bubba556:
Sorry I can’t help you with a recommendation. Here's a video for inspiration of one that my friend built that my wife now owns. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr_Hf1KbDqM
View Quote

wow!
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Only one I've ever handled was a kit. It appeared to be a standard RH kit with the lock inlet on the left side instead - facing backwards! The factory RH inlet had been filled with a brass plate and the touchhole had been plugged and redrilled on the opposite side.

The owner seemed pleased so I suppose that's one solution you could try?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#7]
You could try to look around for an older Invest Arms LH Hawken. Rare, but they are around if you look.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:46:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Utahshooting] [#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top