Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2024 4:04:53 AM EDT
Was looking at lite weight 30cal suppressors and some options that maybe a good fit. Scythe Ti looks really interesting, any other options I should look at?
Do I need one? Probably not, just want a good lite can to add to my stable.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:18:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Liberty Precision Machine Mach S in jail right now. There's not a lot of info on it right now but they say it is the same as the Anthem suppressor, which is the highest rated S size can on pewscience as of now, just all titanium. I hope to get one of these nice, quick turnarounds but my luck doesn't usually fall that way.

The Thunderbeast Dominus was up there on my list of choices too. Silencer Centrals Backcountry appears to be pretty good as well.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:44:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ilovebullets:
I have a Liberty Precision Machine Mach S in jail right now. There's not a lot of info on it right now but they say it is the same as the Anthem suppressor, which is the highest rated S size can on pewscience as of now, just all titanium. I hope to get one of these nice, quick turnarounds but my luck doesn't usually fall that way.

The Thunderbeast Dominus was up there on my list of choices too. Silencer Centrals Backcountry appears to be pretty good as well.
View Quote

Ok that Anthem suppressor looks  really tempting. Thanks for the feed back.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By fmkenner:
Was looking at lite weight 30cal suppressors and some options that maybe a good fit. Scythe Ti looks really interesting, any other options I should look at?
Do I need one? Probably not, just want a good lite can to add to my stable.
View Quote
What is your use case?  

308 hunting rifle?  300BO subs?  Precision AR10?  

Different cans are optimal for different needs. Especially if you are talking about Ti cans.

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
What is your use case?  

308 hunting rifle?  300BO subs?  Precision AR10?  

Different cans are optimal for different needs. Especially if you are talking about Ti cans.

View Quote

Currently I have, or waiting on:
Rex Mod X 338
Rex Mod X 308
Surge X 308
Polonium 556
Obsidian 9
Oculus 22
I have no lite weight options. It definitely would be used on:
556 AR
308 AR
300blk AR
300blk bolt action
Maybe 6.8 AR
Maybe 6.5cm AR
The maybes are undecided because they are lite to begin with and the option to keep it lite maybe more appealing than suppressing for carrying thru the woods, hunting.
Another 30 caliber lite weight can would add another choice.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I’ve got a Diligent Defense Enticer S TI on the way that I’m really looking forward to. OCL has their Hydrogen series that I’ve heard excellent things about as well
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:51:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#6]
I like lightweight cans.  I have 5.56 covered really well, but right now for 30 cal I just have a YHM Resonator, an OSS 7.62 Ti (neither light weight at all) and a Griffin Explorr 300.  I really like both the 224 and 300 versions of the Explorr.  It's a very versatile can.

I think my next purchase will be an EA Peak. EA appears to make pretty durable cans while staying light weight and their ID ring is a nice safety net.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I think my next hunting can will be a diligent defense enticer s-ti.

There's also the rugged Alaskan 360 ti, but I don't know how the hell it can be as light as it's advertised
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 12:02:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mk4dubbin] [#8]
I like lightweight cans.  I have 5.56 covered really well, but right now for 30 cal I just have a YHM Resonator, an OSS 7.62 Ti (neither light weight at all) and a Griffin Explorr 300.  I really like both the 224 and 300 versions of the Explorr.  It's a very versatile can.

I think my next purchase will be an EA Peak. EA appears to make pretty durable cans while staying light weight and their ID ring is a nice safety net.
View Quote

I dunno. 11.9oz doesn't seem all that lightweight anymore
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 1:55:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2JokersWild] [#9]
My Scythe has checked all the boxes I want for a suppressor. Really enjoy it. Another lightweight option to consider is the TBAC Ultra5. I think its actually as light as it gets but the suppression isnt comparable to the ever so slightly heavier lightweight options.

Scythe-Ti is, imo, as good as it gets. Here it sits with the Hansohn Ti front end cap and Rearden Atlas Ti mount, ready to screw on to any Plan B compatible rifle. 8 freaking ounces out the door ready to go. Great suppression, no barrel length restriction. Buy with confidence. Shit OP, you may have just talked me into buying another one they are so good.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 2:59:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#10]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

I dunno. 11.9oz doesn't seem all that lightweight anymore
View Quote
It wouldn't be for a 5.56 can, but for a 6" long SS full auto rated 30 cal can, it's not bad.  The Griffin Explorr 300 is 11.8 oz with Hub threads and 10oz with the integrated Plan A taper.

To go lighter you need to go K can or Titanium. Ti is light, but has limitations.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:13:39 PM EDT
[#11]
How would a Diligent Defense Enticer L-Ti compare to a Silencerco Scythe Ti?
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

That EA Peak with the ID ring is pretty cool. How would that compare performance wise?
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Explorr 300
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a diligent defense. Enticer titanium short. I just bought a scythe titanium and waiting for it to be delivered. I did my homework, one of my main priorities is lightness to go along with performance. Mason Mason we are not throwing rocks Mason I'm going to tell you one time put them back. Put them back. David
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Scythe Ti is very quiet but the mirage is awful after 3-4 rds, 308 lightweight bolt gun at 550m
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bmarshall1:
I have a diligent defense. Enticer titanium short. I just bought a scythe titanium and waiting for it to be delivered. I did my homework, one of my main priorities is lightness to go along with performance. Mason Mason we are not throwing rocks Mason I'm going to tell you one time put them back. Put them back. David
View Quote

Ha-ha.  I just read my own quote.  Apparently talk-to-text is always listening, even when talking to your kids!
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#17]
explorr 30
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Ha-ha.  I just read my own quote.  Apparently talk-to-text is always listening, even when talking to your kids!
View Quote

I was wondering what that was about, lol.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Seconding the Scythe-Ti and TBAC Ultra 5 recommendations.

My Ultra 5 Gen 2 was 5.84 oz new (CB version).  The Scythe-Ti is about 8 oz similarly equipped with a Ti mount and flat end cap.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

That's hilarious, lol.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:32:06 AM EDT
[#21]
That enticer L Ti and scythe ti both looks good. Given a choice what would you guys pick?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:08:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Well... The enticer is a smidge bigger and heavier. It also has barrel length restrictions but they are pretty forgiving. I suspect it suppresses a bit better but not really noticeably so.

I went with the slightly smaller and lighter option but either would be a great can
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:29:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Well... The enticer is a smidge bigger and heavier. It also has barrel length restrictions but they are pretty forgiving. I suspect it suppresses a bit better but not really noticeably so.

I went with the slightly smaller and lighter option but either would be a great can
View Quote

I have heavy cans right now, they are modular and can be shortened. Something lite and suppresses well is what I'm after. I'm not worried about back pressure as all my ARs can be adjusted. Have a 300blk in a bolt action I'm thinking about doing. Just having a good lite option would be great. Years ago I bought into huntertown arms suppressors and I want to make the right decisions now.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:38:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Might actually be what's in stock now the way things are. But I have ordered 6 suppressors since late October and I guess I can wait.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:13:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I went Scythe, I have a few other lighter weight cans, but after using the Jumbo Shrimp 6.5 titanium can on my 6arc, I really wanted something similar in 30cal.  I have the HB ti front cap, Ecco ti plan a, and Griffin ti brake to try and get the weight a low as possible.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:26:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By turbobrick:
I went Scythe, I have a few other lighter weight cans, but after using the Jumbo Shrimp 6.5 titanium can on my 6arc, I really wanted something similar in 30cal.  I have the HB ti front cap, Ecco ti plan a, and Griffin ti brake to try and get the weight a low as possible.
View Quote

How does it preform, does it suppress well? I'm leaning towards two cans, unless I see something better.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:39:02 AM EDT
[#27]
My Scythe has checked all the boxes I want for a suppressor. Really enjoy it. Another lightweight option to consider is the TBAC Ultra5. I think its actually as light as it gets but the suppression isnt comparable to the ever so slightly heavier lightweight options.

Scythe-Ti is, imo, as good as it gets. Here it sits with the Hansohn Ti front end cap and Rearden Atlas Ti mount, ready to screw on to any Plan B compatible rifle. 8 freaking ounces out the door ready to go. Great suppression, no barrel length restriction. Buy with confidence. Shit OP, you may have just talked me into buying another one they are so good.  

https://i.imgur.com/35hBDqM.jpg
View Quote

You might have talked me into one. How does it sound without the brake, with the end cap you have on? I'm calling my dealer when I get off work.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:13:53 AM EDT
[#28]
The top lightweight cans that interest me next are the Scythe, Explorr, and Diligent Ti. My Rexes are pretty light, too. The Scythe and Diligent have the option of adding brake caps, as do some Rex cans. I haven’t tried that yet, but it might be a cool feature to have on a lightweight hunting rifle for practice.
View Quote
What’s a HB front cap?

How’s the Jumbo Shrimp compare to other cans as a hunting can?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
The top lightweight cans that interest me next are the Scythe, Explorr, and Diligent Ti. My Rexes are pretty light, too. The Scythe and Diligent have the option of adding brake caps, as do some Rex cans. I haven’t tried that yet, but it might be a cool feature to have on a lightweight hunting rifle for practice.
What’s a HB front cap?

How’s the Jumbo Shrimp compare to other cans as a hunting can?
View Quote

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/hansohn-brothers/accessories/front-caps/hansohn-titanium-front-cap/
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By kedminster:

If you are looking for a bolt gun can please take a look at the Lux at 9.84oz w/direct thread mount

If you are looking for a gas gun can the Peak30 at 11.9oz w/direct thread mount

As other posters have mentioned, all our centerfire silencers use our patented serial ID ring. With our lifetime warranty this ensures hassle free same-day recores to repair your silencer back to factory original specs should you ever have a visit from the f*ck-up fairy.

Karl Edminster
Centerfire Ring Guy
Energetic Armament
View Quote

That's a good looking can. Now if I plan on using it on a bolt action and a AR, with no plans of harsh use which one would give me the best suppression? It would probably be the one I would take in the woods. Might see some range time, I want to show off.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:55:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Well since I started this thread I was intending to get only one lite weight suppressor. I realize it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a few. I have my eyes on the scythe ti, enticer L Ti, EA Peak, and the EA Lux. Don't matter right now, everything is out of stock. I couldn't find any of these cans. Maybe I'll get lucky and stumble on one, but I would like to get all 4 of them at some point. That ring on the EA cans are pretty slick.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:13:17 AM EDT
[#34]

How does it preform, does it suppress well? I'm leaning towards two cans, unless I see something better.
View Quote

I'm going to certify it tomorrow, so no field time yet.  I've been hunting for 10 years with Griffin Sportsman and Sportsman Ultralight cans.  If my math is right, the Scythe system will save me 5 ounces and 1.5" from an already light set up.  With the number of baffles and diameter, I'm sure that the suppression will be in the ballpark of my other cans and be just what I'm looking for.

Originally Posted By 1168RGR:

How's the Jumbo Shrimp compare to other cans as a hunting can?
View Quote
I've only used it on my 6arc rifles, and it sounds amazing.  It sounds better than the 30 cal can I was using on the arc.  The size is perfect, I am in the process of threading my last 260rem, so I can put it through a tougher test.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:20:00 AM EDT
[#35]

I'm going to certify it tomorrow, so no field time yet.  I've been hunting for 10 years with Griffin Sportsman and Sportsman Ultralight cans.  If my math is right, the Scythe system will save me 5 ounces and 1.5" from an already light set up.  With the number of baffles and diameter, I'm sure that the suppression will be in the ballpark of my other cans and be just what I'm looking for.

I've only used it on my 6arc rifles, and it sounds amazing.  It sounds better than the 30 cal can I was using on the arc.  The size is perfect, I am in the process of threading my last 260rem, so I can put it through a tougher test.
View Quote
thanks. I’ll be particularly interested in hearing your opinion on that .260, especially since you have something else to compare it with. I’m currently using a Rex 6.5 in that role, but the Jumbo Shrimp is appealing, also.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:36:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gedeon] [#36]
Tbac Dominus

I have ^ and am a big EA fan with a lux also, but Dominus is the hard-use option w/Lux for bolt.  KAC needs to have relations with EA and birth an ubercan for all eternity.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:46:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bmarshall1] [#37]
I just posted a small review of the Scythe vs. DD Enticer Ti S.  Look for it in the silencer section.

Very short answer on which is best... ever, ever so slightly, DD Enticer on a bolt gun, Scythe on an AR.  Mind you this was only 300 BO subs, I'll try to get 556 bolt and ar15 shots in today.  I see you are looking at the L Enticer.  It will have a little more back pressure, likely make it even better for the bolt gun and possibly a little more gassy and port-pop on the AR, but that just conjecture.  You really can't go wrong with either, fit and finish is excellent, performance was so close as to be negligible.  All sound was considering the shooters ear.  I'll see if I can find a link.  Enticer will be less expensive.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Very-Short-Review-Scythe-Ti-vs-Diligent-Defense-S-Ti/20-551246/?r=-1&page=1&anc=6074775#i6074775
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:48:16 AM EDT
[#38]

https://i.imgur.com/35hBDqM.jpg
View Quote

@2JokersWild  Do you feel the endcap makes any different vs the stock radial brake endcap?  What was you motivation for buying it?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#39]
I just posted a small review of the Scythe vs. DD Enticer Ti S.  Look for it in the silencer section.

Very short answer on which is best... ever, ever so slightly, DD Enticer on a bolt gun, Scythe on an AR.  Mind you this was only 300 BO subs, I'll try to get 556 bolt and ar15 shots in today.  I see you are looking at the L Enticer.  It will have a little more back pressure, likely make it even better for the bolt gun and possibly a little more gassy and port-pop on the AR, but that just conjecture.  You really can't go wrong with either, fit and finish is excellent, performance was so close as to be negligible.  All sound was considering the shooters ear.  I'll see if I can find a link.  Enticer will be less expensive.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Very-Short-Review-Scythe-Ti-vs-Diligent-Defense-S-Ti/20-551246/?r=-1&page=1&anc=6074775#i6074775
View Quote

I read your review already, work midnight and was pleased to see it. I realize I probably should have more than one lite weight can. And they both look appealing. Also have my eyes on EA's Lux and Peak 30 calibers. With everything out of stock it will have to wait.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:27:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: turbobrick] [#40]

I read your review already, work midnight and was pleased to see it. I realize I probably should have more than one lite weight can. And they both look appealing. Also have my eyes on EA's Lux and Peak 30 calibers. With everything out of stock it will have to wait.
View Quote
Silencer Shop is showing a new SS exclusive black Scythe in stock as of right now. Scythe Black
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#41]

@2JokersWild  Do you feel the endcap makes any different vs the stock radial brake endcap?  What was you motivation for buying it?
View Quote
No meaingful difference in performance for me, I just wanted to shave off as much weight as possible. Ounces are pounds or something like that
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Silencer Shop is showing a new SS exclusive black Scythe in stock as of right now. Scythe Black
View Quote

I missed it, went out of stock really fast. So I texted my dealer and what does he tell me, he's got one in bound. Just got two 5 day approvals so I get a trip to the fun store tomorrow to pick them up. My dealer has been on point with nfa stuff. When it was tuff getting certified he tells me it's easier at night, calls me at 10pm to certify. I got to say he's a great guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#43]
My only heavy can is a razor 762, probably will be my only heavy.  Rest are Diligent Ti's and TBAC.  All have their uses, but i prefer light weight right now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:21:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: turbobrick] [#44]

I missed it, went out of stock really fast. So I texted my dealer and what does he tell me, he's got one in bound. Just got two 5 day approvals so I get a trip to the fun store tomorrow to pick them up. My dealer has been on point with nfa stuff. When it was tuff getting certified he tells me it's easier at night, calls me at 10pm to certify. I got to say he's a great guy to deal with.
View Quote
Dang, I really wanted a black one after I knew they existed.  But I certified mine this morning, so I'm fully committed now. Awesome that you dealer already had something in the pipeline for you.  I brought my HB front cap and Ecco Plan A to test that they fit, and I drug the Jumbo Shrimp along for some real world size comparison.  Everything fit great, but I did decide to have my HB front cap Cerakoted since it's way too bright for a hunting can.  Other than that, this is going to be just what I'm after.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:19:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Dang, I really wanted a black one after I knew they existed.  But I certified mine this morning, so I'm fully committed now. Awesome that you dealer already had something in the pipeline for you.  I brought my HB front cap and Ecco Plan A to test that they fit, and I drug the Jumbo Shrimp along for some real world size comparison.  Everything fit great, but I did decide to have my HB front cap Cerakoted since it's way too bright for a hunting can.  Other than that, this is going to be just what I'm after.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164254/IMG_3055_jpeg-3184544.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164254/IMG_3057_jpeg-3184546.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164254/IMG_3056_jpeg-3184547.JPG
View Quote

What's the HB front cap? A guy here posted that he got ti front cap and mount to get it down to 8oz. I'm probably going to do what you and he did.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:27:23 AM EDT
[#46]

What's the HB front cap? A guy here posted that he got ti front cap and mount to get it down to 8oz. I'm probably going to do what you and he did.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164254/IMG_3055_jpeg-3184544.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164254/IMG_3057_jpeg-3184546.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164254/IMG_3056_jpeg-3184547.JPG

Hansohn Brothers https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/?_sft_product_cat=front-caps
I've got one for my Omega 300.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Went to dealer and bought the scythe ti, black in color. He did have the Lux and Peak 30 in stock, I'm going to pick them up at a later time. The Scythe might be a harder one to get with these ATF approval times so I jumped on it. Thanks everyone for your responses.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#48]
I really like the AB Suppressors Raptor series.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top