Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 11:33:24 AM EDT
Looking to purchase 2 Suppressors. One in .223 and one in 9mm. Both will go on AR platforms and live on a dedicated host.

Who has the best mounting system. Looking for rock solid mounts that will not come loose.

Please share your experience.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ve just been using keymo for everything for a while now. There’s probably better options out there but it’s pretty foolproof. I do know you can use it on rifle cans as well as 9mm too so if you’re 9mm can is rated for other rifle calibers it’s an easy switch
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#2]
If going on and staying on, just direct thread it and save the weight.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Creole_Cat:
Looking to purchase 2 Suppressors. One in .223 and one in 9mm. Both will go on AR platforms and live on a dedicated host.

Who has the best mounting system. Looking for rock solid mounts that will not come loose.

Please share your experience.
View Quote

What type of hosts?  I mean in terms of SBR, precision rifle, volume of fire etc

I have used direct thread in the past and it worked fine, I just prefer a mounting system like a taper mount (Griffin tapers are my preference, and I use Plan A for my non griffin cans to work with their mounts)

Would you find utility in a .30 cal can to make the rifle suppressor fill more roles later on or remain caliber specific?  I prefer caliber/host specific cans (swapping sucks)

Depending on your platforms and intended shooting style, that could change the recommendations some
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Any taper mount will work just fine, Plan B, Plan A, Xeno, etc.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:17:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#5]
Agree with this ^

Wow, there have been a lot of threads asking this lately.

OP, get 1.375x24 (Hub) threaded suppressors.

Here are two recent discussions on Hub mount options:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/So-is-Plan-B-all-that-Hop-makes-it-out-to-be-/20-551231/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/If-you-had-to-do-it-over-which-mounting-system-/20-551271/
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:20:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
Agree with this ^

Wow, there have been a lot of threads asking this lately.

OP, get 1.375x24 (Hub) threaded suppressors.

Here are two recent discussions on Hub mount options:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/So-is-Plan-B-all-that-Hop-makes-it-out-to-be-/20-551231/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/If-you-had-to-do-it-over-which-mounting-system-/20-551271/
View Quote
Ecco conversion thread
Less relevant
Ecco Ti Plan A
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:50:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nobody69s] [#7]
I'll throw the Griffin Dual lok into the mix.
I switched two of my form 1's over to this system.
Has a taper mount then locks.
Simple and effective.
https://www.griffinarmament.com/dual-lok-hub-mount-interface-1-375x24/
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven’t had any issues with keymo, is it the best? Probably not, but no issues works for me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:27:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#9]
Originally Posted By lxranes:
I’ve just been using keymo for everything for a while now. There’s probably better options out there but it’s pretty foolproof. I do know you can use it on rifle cans as well as 9mm too so if you’re 9mm can is rated for other rifle calibers it’s an easy switch
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lxranes:

Originally Posted By arjohnson:
I haven’t had any issues with keymo, is it the best? Probably not, but no issues works for me.
Keymo is way over rated thanks to Dead Air's social media marketing (like their Sandman suppressor).

It's too long, it's too heavy and it's unnecessarily complicated (compared to a simple taper).  If you have to go Dead Air, Xeno is the way to go.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Keymo is way over rated thanks to Dead Air's social media marketing (like their Sandman suppressor).

It's too long, it's too heavy and it's unnecessarily complicated (compared to a simple taper).  If you have to go Dead Air, Xeno is the way to go.
View Quote

When I got my sandman s both it and keymo were all the rage, like everything else it becomes old news. I’ve never had an issue with either one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:26:00 PM EDT
[#11]

When I got my sandman s both it and keymo were all the rage, like everything else it becomes old news. I’ve never had an issue with either one.
View Quote

If you're starting from scratch, Keymo isn't a great pick.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Toker_:

View All Quotes

When I had my cans converted by Ecco, I went from AAC 51T to keymo.  Keymo was all the rage at the time.  I’m happy with it, but wouldn’t choose it now if I was starting at square one.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:46:18 PM EDT
[#13]
It’s an acceptable mounting system if it’s native to a can, like the Sandman S, though it takes up a lot of space that could contain baffles instead, had they not designed it around exceptionally long muzzle devices. Putting it on a Hub can adds 1.4” and half a pound in total mount system weight/length. Or more. There are half a dozen better systems for a Hub can. I’ve been slowly selling my Keymo stuff, though there are some cool third party devices like from JMac and FCD.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:00:09 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Next year there will be something better than the best now. I think 3 lug is the best mounting system but doesn’t apply here.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:05:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Toker_] [#15]
Next year there will be something better than the best now. I think 3 lug is the best mounting system but doesn’t apply here.
View Quote

It's possible, but Plan A or Plan B seems like a really good choice. New mounts and muzzle devices won't get much lighter or smaller, if at all.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:45:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I second the Dual-lok system mentioned. It adds another 1/3rd of an inch over plan b/reardens shortest. However, the fact it has that secondary retention and no wear parts. I love mine.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:06:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
This is my thought. Why add the cost, length and weight of a QD system if you're going to have hosts and cans married.
Originally Posted By J_Fritz:
I second the Dual-lok system mentioned. It adds another 1/3rd of an inch over plan b/reardens shortest. However, the fact it has that secondary retention and no wear parts. I love mine.
I will second this. I've been OK with the AAC 51t stuff, and am happy with the GA tapers, but as I've said elsewhere, the DL system is good with only the taper, but once you engage the lock collar, the only way it's coming off the rifle is with the muzzle device still in it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:41:50 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

This, and because of my investment in keymo, my next 30 cal can im likely to go keymo for it too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:13:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I like plan a but any taper mount system. If I wanted a locking system dual-lok seems solid
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#20]
griffin taper mounts.

lots of options. inexpensive. no secondary locking mech to fail or operator error forget to use it. Griffin cans are great (explorr is my favorite) Plan A adapters to use any HUB threaded can.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By arjohnson:Next year there will be something better than the best now.
View Quote
The suppressor industry has come a long way in the last few years. There have been good improvements in lightness and simplicity.

It's unfortunate that it's so hard to keep up with the latest improvements due to the restrictions of the NFA.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:47:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#22]
Originally Posted By Amish_Bill:
Why add the cost, length and weight of a QD system if you're going to have hosts and cans married.
View Quote
The only reason is the added security of a taper.  A taper is much more secure than a 90 degree shoulder.

The added weight and length can be mitigated somewhat. For example Ti Plan A mounts from Ecco, along with a light weight muzzle brake. There's a happy medium somewhere in there.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#23]
How to mount a suppressor (feat. Griffin Plan A)
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#25]
The suppressor industry has come a long way in the last few years. There have been good improvements in lightness and simplicity.

It's unfortunate that it's so hard to keep up with the latest improvements due to the restrictions of the NFA.
View Quote

Yep, and I’m not changing everything when something new comes out. Gets expensive when I can use those funds elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Every QD mount that employs some method of 2ndary mechanical lock up is going to be heavier than a simpler taper friction mount. KAC's QDC mount is considered the best in the business, but it's still heavy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:14:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#27]
Originally Posted By YHM_Kevin:
YHM SRx is worth a look
View Quote

True, it does have the taper in front of the threads which is nice.
I have it on a couple hosts for my R9 since YHM only warranties cans with their mounts.
No complaints.
I do wish they offered the short flash hider in 1/2" threads.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#28]

Yep, and I’m not changing everything when something new comes out. Gets expensive when I can use those funds elsewhere.
View All Quotes

I changed everything once from 51t to keymo.  It’s keymo and Plan A for me forever now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:59:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#29]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Every QD mount that employs some method of 2ndary mechanical lock up is going to be heavier than a simpler taper friction mount. KAC's QDC mount is considered the best in the business, but it's still heavy.
View Quote

Yep and IMO the secondary lock is unnecessary unless shooting a full auto belt-fed.  

If a simple taper is coming loose for someone on a semi-auto, they aren't using it correctly. Or less likely, maybe they have a defective part.
Top Top