Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Knights Armament Company (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/11/2024 8:24:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: d16man]
Can someone please elaborate on the ridiculously inflated prices of their stuff? I’m not a brand guru, shoot for sport so please save the stab at my expertise in ar15’s.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
They release a limited amount to the civilian market. Fan boys will spend whatever for that KAC Kool-Aid.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s fuckin crazy what I see what people are asking and assuming paying for it. Pretty sure I saw a lower for over $2k. Who in their right mind would pay that??? I don’t mind spending a little for some Gucci shit but I guarantee I have a couple rifles, built in the $1k range, that would outshoot or at bare minimum go toe to toe with them and have no worries with them protecting my life.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SWFLdude:
Can someone please elaborate on the ridiculously inflated prices of their stuff? I’m not a brand guru, shoot for sport so please save the stab at my expertise in ar15’s.
View Quote

I don't get it either.  Fan-bois

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#4]
In before Whiskers

I don't get it either OP. It's just a flex I think. Like people who buy crazy ass expensive cars or gigantic houses for a family of 3, or whatever else people overspend on.

Just a flex.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pestilence12:
In before Whiskers

I don't get it either OP. It's just a flex I think. Like people who buy crazy ass expensive cars or gigantic houses for a family of 3, or whatever else people overspend on.

Just a flex.
View Quote

Touché. That’s what I assumed.

And I get it. Some people have a shit ton of money and like the spend it on overpriced stuff.  What a waste is to me is another man’s bragging rights.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#7]
In own a few of their rifles, always paid normal retail. I like the guns and their suppressors mount solid as hell. Their stuff isn’t crazy expensive retail, people get bent over brand loyalty way too much. If you want it and the price doesn’t bother you buy it, that’s why most adults work.  I have other brands of rifles I buy(Swiss Sigs for example)and some of that crap costs more than KAC and I would definitely pick up the KAC in a bad situation first.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:12:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AndysAR15name] [#8]
Before covid their stuff was actually a good value if you shoot a lot. They were gassed nicely and ran reliably, and came with everything you needed (buffer,sights,springs etc). Second hand market was cheaper than MSRP for most production items. Stuff was in stock.

Then supply dropped to nothing. Simultaneously their has been the shift to people living through Instagram, Facebook, cell phones. Social media is about how you look, not how you are. So procuring a KAC to show off online became a priority for these guys. The more people that did this, the more social media users want one so they can do it too. It's morphed into image/ownership. And no longer about usage/skills/ability. And as we know, people are willing to spend big money on image.

This being said, KAC is a great company. I don't blame them for what humans do on social media. All of my stuff was purchased at MSRP or less, and has high round counts. And they have been quick to help me via their returns/repair department on the rare occasion it's needed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:35:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SWFLdude] [#9]
Originally Posted By AndysAR15name:
Before covid their stuff was actually a good value if you shoot a lot. They were gassed nicely and ran reliably, and came with everything you needed (buffer,sights,springs etc). Second hand market was cheaper than MSRP for most production items. Stuff was in stock.

Then supply dropped to nothing. Simultaneously their has been the shift to people living through Instagram, Facebook, cell phones. Social media is about how you look, not how you are. So procuring a KAC to show off online became a priority for these guys. The more people that did this, the more social media users want one so they can do it too. It's morphed into image/ownership. And no longer about usage/skills/ability. And as we know, people are willing to spend big money on image.

This being said, KAC is a great company. I don't blame them for what humans do on social media. All of my stuff was purchased at MSRP or less, and has high round counts. And they have been quick to help me via their returns/repair department on the rare occasion it's needed.
View Quote

As much as Covid has drained the economy and drained consumers bank accounts, it has been a tremendous help to retailers/manufacturers…in some cases.

I have no doubt they make quality stuff, never shot or even held one with my hands but it just find it mind blowing some of the prices I see.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#10]
The civilian market has never really been one of their top priorities - so far as I can tell - so availability is pretty limited. At MSRP, their prices are definitely up there but they are justifiable IMO.
At GunScalper prices, they're ridiculous and don't make any sense whatsoever. They don't see profit from the secondhand market, so it really is just rotten scalping that goes unpunished by the market.

If people stopped buying new gear (or even used sometimes!) at multiples of MSRP, then the secondhand prices would come down... but here we are...
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#11]
The power of age old supply and demand. Got to love it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AndysAR15name:

View Quote

This is accurate.

Also, social media groups (particularly Facebook and instagram) are where all the "heads up"s are given for in-stock items that sell out in 30 seconds.

The biggest reasons are without question the limited supply/increased demand and the "cool" factor that goes along with owning a brand that is pretty much synonymous with The Global War on Terror (everything from iron sights to quad rails to sniper rifles to suppressors to night vision).

There's a pedigree that Knights has that others don't - it's a huge part of what drives demand for their products.

And that's certainly not the only factor - they do make really high quality stuff - you are definitely buying quality, but a big part of it is without a doubt the cool factor.

Hah, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a factor for me (I think we'd all be).

But what was said above is absolutely true as well - before the pandemic, stuff was actually pretty regularly available for the most part and the scalping wasn't like it is now.

Demand has absolutely skyrocketed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#13]
It’s pretty safe to say that I won’t be owning any of their stuff in my lifetime. Lol. I saw 5 stripped lowers go for $3500 yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#14]
They can get pretty expensive. I just bought one in 308 yesterday for $36,575. It includes optic, hard case, suppressor and accessories, but it's still new car money. However, at thirty-six thousand, five hundred and seventy-five dollars, Reed was kind enough to include free shipping! I know it sounds outrageous, but if I listed this particular one for 50-60K, there would be a line people wanting to buy it. I mostly collect (NIB) Colt transferable M16s and Colt SBRs, but my goto ARs to shoot, hunt and beat on are piston LMTs. Leaps better QC, fit and finish than Colts, and I would argue are nicer and more pleasant to shoot than any KAC I've ever owned. I suspect LMTs are also starting to creep up in price as I think they are 2nd choice for those who got priced out of KAC. As KAC gets more and more outrageously priced, more and more people buy LMTs and dry up the supply and thus start to increase their once reasonable price.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:45:32 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Worst company ever.  Lie about military contracts, steal technology and steal innovation worse than Microsoft.  Now you know so move on and be happy you didnt get scammed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 7:07:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AKR:

Worst company ever.  Lie about military contracts, steal technology and steal innovation worse than Microsoft.  Now you know so move on and be happy you didnt get scammed.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Ahhhh!!  An 07’er.  They are worse than a 13’er 👀
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:31:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Abradley:

View Quote

Hell man I still don't know what the hell I did to deserve the barrage of incoming just because I joined in 13.  Was it a bad year?
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

LOL! Apparently sarcasm is lost on the 13ers...
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:25:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By The-Snail:
They can get pretty expensive. I just bought one in 308 yesterday for $36,575. It includes optic, hard case, suppressor and accessories, but it's still new car money. However, at thirty-six thousand, five hundred and seventy-five dollars, Reed was kind enough to include free shipping! I know it sounds outrageous, but if I listed this particular one for 50-60K, there would be a line people wanting to buy it. I mostly collect (NIB) Colt transferable M16s and Colt SBRs, but my goto ARs to shoot, hunt and beat on are piston LMTs. Leaps better QC, fit and finish than Colts, and I would argue are nicer and more pleasant to shoot than any KAC I've ever owned. I suspect LMTs are also starting to creep up in price as I think they are 2nd choice for those who got priced out of KAC. As KAC gets more and more outrageously priced, more and more people buy LMTs and dry up the supply and thus start to increase their once reasonable price.
View Quote

Troll post?

LMTs have increased in price with KAC and LMT has always been my first choice over KAC, even though I love my MOD1.  LMT has the better ambi lower and their enhanced bolt is just better.

KAC SR15s are the same price on the market as the MARS rifles are currently. They both make nice stuff and both currently command a premium.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 8:53:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CSGroup] [#21]
Other than their industry leading, unmatched bolt and gas system reliability that is superior to literally any other DI system on the market due to the innovation at Knights Armament followed by arguably industry leading quality control of all specs of the rifle build (which are not outsourced like most) and just general fit/finish and long term compatibility of all parts.......yeah its the same as your standard AR

I forgot the barrels......and the triggers.....and the urx4.......and the superior resale value........

and the gas system efficiency......

Other than all that I tend to completely agree with the OP.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 2:04:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The-Snail] [#22]
Originally Posted By StillGonnaSendIt:

Troll post?

LMTs have increased in price with KAC and LMT has always been my first choice over KAC, even though I love my MOD1.  LMT has the better ambi lower and their enhanced bolt is just better.

KAC SR15s are the same price on the market as the MARS rifles are currently. They both make nice stuff and both currently command a premium.
View Quote

In about week, I'll post my brand new M110 Deployment Package (Shipped from KAC last July) I had Reed Knight order it himself. It was earmarked for Ukraine. All serialized paperwork included. Factory matched optic and suppressor, Serialized documentation, accuracy testing documentation etc. Latest KA military prefix lower (Military prefix is none, K & KA. KM prefix is civilian/commercial. I've never seen a KA, but have seen a K on a MK11 Mod0). Reed did not want to do it for a multitude of reasons. However, he was not going to get his grenade launcher (for his museum) without delivering a real military M110 deployment package. It took him about 8 months to order it, but he got it done. He said it is the only factory NIB military M110 in civilian hands, but I'm sure Reed has several of his own.

I'll do a thorough post on it in about 10 days, but here are some teaser pictures:

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#23]

In about week, I'll post my brand new M110 Deployment Package (Shipped from KAC last July) I had Reed Knight order it himself. It was earmarked for Ukraine. All serialized paperwork included. Factory matched optic and suppressor, Serialized documentation, accuracy testing documentation etc. Latest KA military prefix lower (Military prefix is none, K & KA. KM prefix is civilian/commercial. I've never seen a KA, but have seen a K on a MK11 Mod0). Reed did not want to do it for a multitude of reasons. However, he was not going to get his grenade launcher (for his museum) without delivering a real military M110 deployment package. It took him about 8 months to order it, but he got it done. He said it is the only factory NIB military M110 in civilian hands, but I'm sure Reed has several of his own.

I'll do a thorough post on it in about 10 days, but here are some teaser pictures:

https://i.imgur.com/MkpehTJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ygr5oVZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/anhNe2k.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/12q7oQf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dhPpuRi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rtC2b7c.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Wk75Z4m.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/EQrYMna.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/70Xu4O6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0YBJNFD.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Troll post?

So, you got him to sell you a Ukraine bound M110 because he wanted a grenade launcher for his personal collection?
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

So, you got him to sell you an Ukraine bound M110 because he wanted a grenade launcher for his personal collection?
View Quote

I don’t doubt he got an M110 deployment package. However the reply had nothing to do with my reply so it was odd. I’ll await the full rundown when it’s posted. My main point was that LMT is equal and better in some areas and KAC is better in other areas. It’s wild the claims of lower prices when things like stripped specwar uppers are for now selling for the same price as a barreled KAC upper.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

So, you got him to sell you a Ukraine bound M110 because he wanted a grenade launcher for his personal collection?
View Quote

I don't know how he did it in the background. He probably did not just take one of the Ukraine bound packages (which is why it took so long), but it was built in same assembly linen and possibly within the same contract order. Maybe as a test/demo gun within the order. It was partial payment for a transferable MK19 ($300K).
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#26]

I don’t doubt he got an M110 deployment package. However the reply had nothing to do with my reply so it was odd. I’ll await the full rundown when it’s posted. My main point was that LMT is equal and better in some areas and KAC is better in other areas. It’s wild the claims of lower prices when things like stripped specwar uppers are for now selling for the same price as a barreled KAC upper.
View Quote

I agree with you. I think LMT is a better gun. At least in the SR15 vs Mars-L category. Lots of value with LMT. Surprised prices aren't demanding even half what they are for KAC.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 3:35:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ridge_runner] [#27]

As much as Covid has drained the economy and drained consumers bank accounts, it has been a tremendous help to retailers/manufacturers…in some cases.

I have no doubt they make quality stuff, never shot or even held one with my hands but it just find it mind blowing some of the prices I see.
View Quote

I've only seen 5 or 6 in the wild. They have been pricey for a long time maybe always have been. Pre-covid, I saw a SR25 at Fur, Finn and Feather in Canton, OH for about $5000. That was Barett 50 Cal money at the time. It was 2015 give or take a year. I'm a Poor, I shoot LMT, and I will never understand the LV and KAC prices but I will shoot the shit out of yours if you hand it to me at the range.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#28]
You are going to want to stay away from HK too.....
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#29]
You are going to want to stay away from HK too.....
View Quote

The one thing I will say about KAC - despite the limited supply and high prices, at least they sell civilians the same shit they sell the government. FN too.

Can't say the same about HK. In terms of long guns anyway.

That's not to say the MR762 and/or MR556 aren't nice rifles, but they're certainly not government contract spec and that's what people want (hence all the 3rd party gunsmiths and parts manufacturers in the HK416/417 market).
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Geez, you have that fuk you money. I was hesitant to pull the trigger on a $300 noveske barrel last month.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:39:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: defender] [#31]
What I'm hung up on is that the Ukrainians are good enough for this but US citizens are not.  Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:42:29 PM EDT
[#32]

LOL! Apparently sarcasm is lost on the 13ers...
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By HDSledge:

Hell man I still don't know what the hell I did to deserve the barrage of incoming just because I joined in 13.  Was it a bad year?
View Quote

Rumor has it all of the 13’ers were just a bunch of ignorants brought into the 2a world by Sandy Hook and the ensuing political climate in reference to 2a shortly thereafter.  To be a 13’er is to be a diamond in the rough.  Most people treat us like derelicts, when, in all reality we are are basically 2a royalty!  Just ask us….
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#34]

Rumor has it all of the 13’ers were just a bunch of ignorants brought into the 2a world by Sandy Hook and the ensuing political climate in reference to 2a shortly thereafter.  To be a 13’er is to be a diamond in the rough.  Most people treat us like derelicts, when, in all reality we are are basically 2a royalty!  Just ask us….
View Quote

Thanks for clearing that up. Saw the post but ignored because I’m just ignorant to most of the inside jokes here. I guess the ‘23s are even worse
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#35]
It's fuckin crazy what I see what people are asking and assuming paying for it. Pretty sure I saw a lower for over $2k. Who in their right mind would pay that??? I don't mind spending a little for some Gucci shit but I guarantee I have a couple rifles, built in the $1k range, that would outshoot or at bare minimum go toe to toe with them and have no worries with them protecting my life.
View Quote

I have spent way more than the cost of my two KAC rifles trying fix problems those didn't have on my day of purchase.

KAC gassing is awesome.  No issues with or without my suppressor and a very soft recoil impulse.  Yes, accuracy is awesome but, that is true of many rifles.  Reliability has been 100% as well.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#36]

As much as Covid has drained the economy and drained consumers bank accounts, it has been a tremendous help to retailers/manufacturers in some cases.

View Quote
Both of my NIB rifles were purchased below MSRP from a legitimate KAC dealer.

I can advertise my rifle for $10K or whatever on Gunbroker, and if someone is dumb enough to pay that, it is on them not me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#37]
It's honestly just too expensive to even be practical. It's just a tool, arm yourself but no sense in going broke doing it. $2k can still afford thousands of rounds of ammo.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:52:20 AM EDT
[#38]
This thread adds zero value and should be removed.

If your situation renders these items out of reach, burdening, impractical, excessive, etc. than just move on.  Continue to exercise self discipline, critical thinking, and live within (or ideally below) your means.  It's really that simple. No one is here to sell you on Knight's and most of us would prefer one less hand in the cookie jar.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:01:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DustyHeaters:
This thread adds zero value and should be removed.

If your situation renders these items out of reach, burdening, impractical, excessive, etc. than just move on.  Continue to exercise self discipline, critical thinking, and live within (or ideally below) your means.  It's really that simple. No one is here to sell you on Knight's and most of us would prefer one less hand in the cookie jar.
View Quote

Lefty? Funny how the same ones screaming to protect our constitutional privileges want to censor others they deem opposite of their opinion. No one is degrading KAC. It’s a simple conversation bred purely out of ignorance…my own ignorance….to the second hand market of their products. Having said that, if that still doesn’t fit your preferences, you also had the option to move along to a different topic that doesn’t offend you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Wow.
Take a few days off arfcom and get this. Oh well, it is what it is.

View Quote

Depends on what you mean by that.
Our MSRP is undoubtedly higher than many of our competitors, and that's due to a few reasons. Foremost, we produce the vast majority of our parts here in-house. As we do not push out the volume of parts that someone like Sig does, we lose some economy of scale that others have. With a large number of proprietary and specialty parts, we can't just get parts from a common-source vendor that many others use. Our requirements for tolerances and dimensional adherences to our similar parts further reduces the ability to out-source.
Now, when it comes to the massively inflated secondary market, that's just classic economics. Supply and demand drive price. We have been focused on military and government obligations since the beginning, and unfortunately that means that commercial production gets delayed if we find ourselves in a position where we need effort/parts to go to those contracts. That secondary demand is driven by our providence and proven performance.

Worst company ever.
View Quote

Hmm.
Not quite sure what metric you are using to judge KAC on being "the worst company ever"... but that's a ridiculous thing to say.

Lie about military contracts, steal technology and steal innovation worse than Microsoft.
View Quote

That's interesting.
Exactly what military contracts do you suppose KAC lied about?
What technology and innovation was stolen?

Those are significant accusations and I think that evidence for such claims is warranted.

Originally Posted By defender:
What I'm hung up on is that the Ukrainians are good enough for this but US citizens are not.  Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way.
View Quote

No, that's not the way that works.
We receive orders from the US government against the M110 contract for these kind of sales. It's Foreign Military Sale (FMS), in which the items ordered are administered exactly the same as if a US Military entity was purchasing them, with all of the contractural obligations and requirements of the original acquisition. KAC does sell the exact same M110 in the exact same kit to the US commercial market, they just take a while given the other active demands and competing product demand.

I'm Jack, the Director of Sales here at Knight's Armament.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:55:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AugustineBolishbatfe] [#41]
Originally Posted By CSGroup:
(which are not outsourced like most)
View Quote

Well, that's just a lie.

I'm perfectly fine with people liking (and paying for) KAC - I have had three (and still have one SR-15).  

But don't lie.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:58:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akethan] [#42]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Jack_L:
Wow.
Take a few days off arfcom and get this. Oh well, it is what it is.

Depends on what you mean by that.
Our MSRP is undoubtedly higher than many of our competitors, and that's due to a few reasons. Foremost, we produce the vast majority of our parts here in-house. As we do not push out the volume of parts that someone like Sig does, we lose some economy of scale that others have. With a large number of proprietary and specialty parts, we can't just get parts from a common-source vendor that many others use. Our requirements for tolerances and dimensional adherences to our similar parts further reduces the ability to out-source.
Now, when it comes to the massively inflated secondary market, that's just classic economics. Supply and demand drive price. We have been focused on military and government obligations since the beginning, and unfortunately that means that commercial production gets delayed if we find ourselves in a position where we need effort/parts to go to those contracts. That secondary demand is driven by our providence and proven performance.

View Quote

Yea I started off by not wording my question correctly. I was not familiar with your brand….armour is on to protect from shit flying my way….and have noticed a lot of parts being sold second hand for stupid prices. So, figured I’d ask what peoples thoughts are and why so much? Not to take away from your quality, which I’m sure is superb, but the broad opinion seems to be fan boys. I’m a poor, so I’ll stick to Aeros and Geissele.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Yea I started off by not wording my question correctly. I was not familiar with your brand….armour is on to protect from shit flying my way….and have noticed a lot of parts being sold second hand for stupid prices. So, figured I’d ask what peoples thoughts are and why so much? Not to take away from your quality, which I’m sure is superb, but the broad opinion seems to be fan boys. I’m a poor, so I’ll stick to Aeros and Geissele.
View Quote

Dude, I viscerally react at some of the prices that our stuff sells for on the secondary market.

As for choosing a brand and brand allegiance: this is America. Choose what you want for what you want to do with it for what you are able to afford. This is the golden age of ARs, you really need to make an effort to find a reputable company that can't make a decent AR and back it up in the event that you have an issue. We make our rifles to fill specific needs and pass certain performance requirements, which might not match yours. And that's ok.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#45]

Dude, I viscerally react at some of the prices that our stuff sells for on the secondary market.

As for choosing a brand and brand allegiance: this is America. Choose what you want for what you want to do with it for what you are able to afford. This is the golden age of ARs, you really need to make an effort to find a reputable company that can't make a decent AR and back it up in the event that you have an issue. We make our rifles to fill specific needs and pass certain performance requirements, which might not match yours. And that's ok.
View Quote

Touché. I can respect a response like that. I’m a Frankenstein type AR guy. All of rifles have 6-7 different brands outside of one BCM rifle I own. So far so good, as I don’t ever really cheap out but my expensive is a $300 barrel and $200 BCG. But they fit my wants and needs so.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Wow.

Hmm.
Not quite sure what metric you are using to judge KAC on being "the worst company ever"... but that's a ridiculous thing to say.

That's interesting.
Exactly what military contracts do you suppose KAC lied about?
What technology and innovation was stolen?

Those are significant accusations and I think that evidence for such claims is warranted.

View Quote

If you check a few posts down in this same thread from my initial post you will notice that I was trying to be sarcastic but I guess that was subtle.   I felt the OP was trolling by the tone / content of his original post.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I’m just waiting on this update.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:31:29 PM EDT
[#48]

No, that's not the way that works.
We receive orders from the US government against the M110 contract for these kind of sales. It's Foreign Military Sale (FMS), in which the items ordered are administered exactly the same as if a US Military entity was purchasing them, with all of the contractural obligations and requirements of the original acquisition. KAC does sell the exact same M110 in the exact same kit to the US commercial market, they just take a while given the other active demands and competing product demand.

View Quote

I understand, it's really just my frustration of the current state of affairs of the world talking.  I'm a pretty good customer of KAC.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:41:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrHelper] [#49]
I’ve been able to buy most of what I want the last several years retail, takes a little work and patience but it’s been possible.  Couple lowers, uppers, sandcutter, 2 rifles, a knight stick, 2 cans, parts, etc.  if you want shit bad enough you’ll find it.  Like anything in life, you may have to work for things…

I also grabbed an FDE SR-15 in 2018 for $1750 from buds, when KAC stuff was readily available. Shit I even got on chucks waitlist for a couple guns, that was a fun experience.  You just can’t get butthurt over the Reddit hipster crew blowing their Rolex money on knights shit now.

I’ll add the only thing I’m needing is a mk12 rail and some more SR-25 mags, but those are nice to haves not need to haves.  I’d also take one of them sweet rifle kits above that comes with its own yeti cooler! Just put me on the waitlist for that!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#50]
If you check a few posts down in this same thread from my initial post you will notice that I was trying to be sarcastic but I guess that was subtle.   I felt the OP was trolling by the tone / content of his original post.  
View Quote

HAH! You got me!
Apologies for not picking up on the humor.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Knights Armament Company (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top