Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2023 5:33:58 PM EDT
A buddy gunsmith built this single shot pistol as a fun project. Note, he didn't complete a kit; he took a barrel stub, added a breech plug, lockwork, hand carved stock out of a hunk of wood in his back yard, trimmed brass to make all the metal work, literally the only thing he didn't build was the barrel and lock - he even made the trigger and trigger guard. And, me and Da Boy have a connection to this gun as this barrel stub was the one cut from Da Boy's rifle when he rescued it from Bubba.

Attachment Attached File

I decided perhaps this one should come live with us, and LAGS generously allowed us to take it home so Da Boy could try it out.

Attachment Attached File

Gentlemen and ladies, this is the easiest to load and fire BP handgun I have ever had. it IS a single shot, but with a 535 ball over a lubed patch at 20 gr of Olde Eynsford 3F, we got results like this at 11 paces.

Attachment Attached File

Twice the patch came out flaming - need more lube on there! On the other hand, black powder is ALL about flame!

Attachment Attached File

End of the day, this was one of Da Boys' targets.

Attachment Attached File

It's a keeper...
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:55:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#1]
Not much traffic here.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:26:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#2]
Sorry, I thought you guys might like this one, my bad. Mods, go ahead and delete it, save the server space.
Edit, disregard, I guess.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 5:36:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mechanicuss] [#3]
No don't delete! That's super cool. Very skilled build.

Not many of us bp guys on here, but we are here, and i for one enjoyed your pics. More please.

@armoredman

Link Posted: 11/15/2023 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting back action lock. Source?
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 1:30:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mechanicuss:
Interesting back action lock. Source?
View Quote
Out of his parts bin. Seriously. I have no idea. When he first started building this one, as one of two made from pieces parts, they looked like this. Some of these even these were junked and replaced with hand made ones.

I believe the "barrel" was an add on to the lock.

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 3:34:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Awesome little hand cannon!

Link Posted: 11/23/2023 2:10:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Willz:
Awesome little hand cannon!
View Quote
Thank you - as my son says, "it's stupid fun!"
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:22:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't visited the black powder section in a while; don't take it too hard if you don't get a lot of traffic.  You got a fun little custom gun, and that accuracy is nothing to scoff at!
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Not 'taking it hard", I have several BP boards I visit, just don't want to waste the time and space if it's not worth the effort. And thank you, it is really fun - we are about to embark on a new experiment with it, using a modified nipple to use the plastic toy gun caps.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By armoredman:...using a modified nipple to use the plastic toy gun caps...
View Quote

Give us a status report on the plastic caps when you get a chance.

I may try small pistol primers like I've been seeing around on the forums...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top