Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2024 7:57:17 PM EDT
When rimfire can discussion comes about it seems like the Nyx’s arent suggested all that much. Any reason why? Ive heard that titanium can cause a higher pitch tone, is that why?
I have an Oculus. Its great. I may just go for the Mustang for the lightweight version but the Nyx mod 2 has always had my attention. Is there something else I should be considering? Not concerned about aluminum, materials; just want lightweight performance for a pistol, potentially a very small pistol so modularity has my attention once again so I can scale.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:14:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#1]
Hoping mine gets delivered this week. Looking forward to trying short mode on some compact pistols and SBR hosts! In short configuration it won’t be much heavier than a standard A2 flash hider on the barrel!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:26:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both Nyx models and they exhibit a little first round on pistols so I’ve dedicated them for rifle use.  

I own 17 rimfire cans and the Oculus/Mustang are my top/favorite pistol cans.

The OCL Titanium 22 is supposed to beat the Oculus but I haven’t had time to compare them yet.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By arndog123:
I have both Nyx models and they exhibit a little first round on pistols so I’ve dedicated them for rifle use.  

I own 17 rimfire cans and the Oculus/Mustang are my top/favorite pistol cans.

The OCL Titanium 22 is supposed to beat the Oculus but I haven’t had time to compare them yet.
View Quote

Well that is reassuring to say the least. How is the tone compared between the Nyx and mustang?

The Oculus has some frp for me too on pistols but its minimal. Thinking I may just stick with the mustang.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer the tone on the Mustang.  It sounds duller compared to the Nyx if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#5]
TacSol Aeris .22 Suppressor--The Pocket Rocket

Not modular but the TacSol Aeris makes for a very handy little package. Not super quiet on a pistol obviously but does great on long guns.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:02:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrambler07] [#6]
I have both NYX’s and a Mustang. If I were only getting one, it would be the NYX mod2. It’s an awesome do all can. The FRP is hardly noticeable for me. I didn’t know it was there at first until shooting it side by side with my mask. With that being said, I also like my Mustang. It lives on a little bobcat in the short mode.  I do think that in long mode the Mustang doesn’t have FRP, but being able to clean the NYX with anything makes it the winner in my book.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top