Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2024 6:35:40 PM EDT
Note:  I am not a financial advisor, accountant, attorney or anything else even remotely related...  but mine has said that this applied to me, as I use an LLC for ownership of my NFA items.  Just bringing it to others' attention in case you didn't know.

https://www.fincen.gov/boi-faqs

There is a deadline and penalties are stiff for not filing.  You only have to do it once (takes about 10 mins), unless you make changes to your LLC.  I'd hate for the ATF to try to come after corporations/LLC's that own NFA stuff that didn't file.

For those who know nothing, here's the under-60-second synopsis:

An Introduction to Beneficial Ownership Information Reporting Requirements

Here's one with a bit more detail:

Learn More about Beneficial Ownership Information Reporting Requirements

And here's a list of those corporations/LLC's that are exempt as referenced.  Note that if you use an LLC, for example, as the 'owner' of your NFA items, your LLC has 'assets' and exemption #23 does not apply.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Good to keep an eye on for future movement, but unless you are apart of the National Small Business Association, it doesn't apply to you.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:58:37 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote
You need to provide context.  That only applies to the NSBA.

..."the court's ruling prohibits CTA enforcement only against the NSBA itself and all of its members."
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jtb33:
You need to provide context.  That only applies to the NSBA.

..."the court's ruling prohibits CTA enforcement only against the NSBA itself and all of its members."
View Quote

Thank you for the clarification.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top