Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 2/16/2024 8:34:44 AM EDT
My thoughts always gravitated to a long sword, or a katana. I recently watched a totally retarded zombie movie and was reminded that swords don't run out of ammo. I thought to myself "yeah not the most practical weapon, but that's the reason I don't own one?" I bought a little Dawson knife 2 years ago and it's awesome. So I went to their site and just about bought a samurai style sword. Then I thought better of it and decided to sit on the decision for a few days. Finally made up my mind and went with something closer to kukri size. PRAETORIAN SWORD 19" | CPM MAGNACUT STEEL | ARIZONA COPPER FINISH I've looked off and on at swords from Dawson since I got that knife and they are almost always out of stock the times I look. Either they are out of stock or I've looked at the price tag and let my bugged out eyes walk me on out of there. I think I would have preferred the black finish, but I'm sure I'll like this as well.

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Real nice. Always wanted to get a sword, as well.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a cool looking sword. I finally have my Carothers K20 coming in, so I'll be able to give a better impression of it, but it looks to be one of the nicest swords ever made. Their torture test videos for Delta 3V are insane.

They have a new preorder coming on March 8th for the next batch. The last batch of 100 swords sold out in less than a minute.

K20 description
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Cold Steel Hunting Sword I received as a gift a couple years ago.

I really like it. It was clearly made to be as light as practical. I train with it fairly regularly and it had been used to scare off some people poking around my property. The handle has a bunch of pins in it that can make it uncomfortable if used too intensely. But it's not like I'm going around chopping up bad guys with it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#4]
This thing looks way better in person! The box it came in was so light I almost thought there was nothing in it. I think I still want a giant 2 handed sword…or three, but this is a good start

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#5]
What is the weight?
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Toker_:
What is the weight?
View Quote

@Toker_
1lb 14oz
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#7]
That's lighter than I thought it would be.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top